• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If you supprot the Democratic platform, post here.

Put aside your feelings about Trump here and look at this situation from the other POV: All of the worst areas for COVID-19 have very dense populations except Arizona. Most cases in New York State were in New York City. In Florida, numbers are much worse in Palm Beach, Broward, and Dade Counties than the other 64 - so bad that m governor excluded them from his reopening plan in the May 4 executive order. Also, do not forget California, Texas, and Florida are the most populous states in that order. BTW California is worst in Los Angeles, Orange, and San Diego Counties, which should not surprise anyone. Do you see a pattern there?

My point is your risk of getting COVID-19 is affected by which area you live in, not just whether Kentucky's governor is a Democrat or Republican.

Which you would think would be common since.

And yet....

Unless and until we get some kind of handle on the virus, the economy for the average working person is shot.

We have no leadership, it appears the gop has given up and is now supporting herd mentality. Can you picture america with forty percent of the population having covid at the same time? We'll be wishing for the days when we 'only' had forty thousand new cases a day.

Is there a specific part of Joe Biden's gun control plan you are opposed to?

I do not understand his statement that people who commit sexual assault should never own guns, but he is 100 percent correct on semiautomatic and assault rifles. They only belong in the military.
Simply put, sexual assault is a violent act. Persons convicted of felony sexual assault are already banned from ever owning/possessing firearms (Identify Prohibited Persons | Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives). As it should be.

Literally, millions of semi-auto rifles are currently in the hands of private citizens. Possibly as many as 10,000,000 or more and there’s no way of knowing for sure how many there are or who’s hands they are in, so confiscating all of them is not a realistic goal.

Also, assault rifles, by definition, are capable of semi-auto or full auto fire via a select fire switch, and their ownership is already very tightly controlled by federal law (National Firearms Act | Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives).

Why are you stuck on California? Do you think it proves your anti-mask view? It doesn't. There is overwhelming proof they help limit the spread. It's all over the place to see. Don't be so obvious.

If there is such overwhelming proof then why didn't it work in California? And don't give me any of your psychobabble explanations. Mask mandates only work if everyone follows them and there is no state where everyone follows them. In fact, either you or someone else posted about Kansas. While the left rails and rails about the right being the ones that don't follow the mask mandate, it is the red state of Kansas where the right are following the mask mandate while liberal California does not. Or, are you going to say that it is illegals in California not following the mask mandate? Maybe they shouldn't be there then, right?

If there is such overwhelming proof then why didn't it work in California? And don't give me any of your psychobabble explanations. Mask mandates only work if everyone follows them and there is no state where everyone follows them. In fact, either you or someone else posted about Kansas. While the left rails and rails about the right being the ones that don't follow the mask mandate, it is the red state of Kansas where the right are following the mask mandate while liberal California does not. Or, are you going to say that it is illegals in California not following the mask mandate? Maybe they shouldn't be there then, right?

So by your logic, NOTHING works at all just because everything is imperfect. You think because many people need to have the same surgery done twice, that operation never works. You think because many people die while taking warfarin, the drug does not work. I am sure if you were smart and willing to think about the FACTS you would never think crap like that for one second.

Again, stop posting in this thread until you become a Democrat.

So by your logic, NOTHING works at all just because everything is imperfect. You think because many people need to have the same surgery done twice, that operation never works. You think because many people die while taking warfarin, the drug does not work. I am sure if you were smart and willing to think about the FACTS you would never think crap like that for one second.

Again, stop posting in this thread until you become a Democrat.

The fact is, mask mandates don't work because no matter where you go, people don't follow them. Biggest case in point, California. And yet Biden and the left want us to believe that Trump has completely fumbled the handling of the virus and if we would have had a national mask mandate, we wouldn't be where we are now, even when the evidence shows that it wouldn't have made one damn bit of difference as it didn't in California. This is Biden's plan, something California has already done with no success.

The first thing about covid and the economy is handling the virus well, which we are not.

A second thing is focusing policy on helping the American people, rather than allowing it to enrich the rich, like the Great Recession did - but it's already doing that, the richest have gained nearly a trillion dollars during the crisis.

The places it seems we are not handling the virus looks to be where democrats are running the cities and states.

Maybe you can ask Admin for a safe space by creating a special "Dem only" forum?

Actually, it would be a platform called "Intelligence and Fact Based Forum"

Trump supporters would not be able to post, not because they would be banned but because they would not having anything to post.

Biden has only two solutions: Lock the country down sending us into a Great Depression or a national mask mandate.

He said he would follow the science and listen to the experts but no experts are saying we need a national lockdown.

California has had a mask mandate for over two months now and now has more cases and deaths than before the mask mandate started.

Is this what Biden wants for America, a great depression and a mask mandate that doesn't work? Those are his solutions?

You stated that Biden "would follow the science". Locking the country and following the science are 2 completely different things. They are not the same though on occasions they do go together. Just keep in mind that if we "had locked the country" in the first 3 months of the pandemic, we would be out of 99% of the problems we are still having 8 months after the pandemic started. Do I really need to show you statistics? How countries that were totally unprepared for the pandemic, such as Spain and Italy, are now averaging less than 20 deaths per day after having big virus infections and deaths the first 3 months and we are still averaging over 1000 deaths per day 8 months after the pandemic started and we were supposed to be the best prepared for a pandemic? Really?

Bottom line is that Trump handled the pandemic incompetently and anything is better than keeping him in office. It really would be difficult for Biden to do worse than Trump and the probabilities favor him doing much better.

The fact is, mask mandates don't work because no matter where you go, people don't follow them. Biggest case in point, California. And yet Biden and the left want us to believe that Trump has completely fumbled the handling of the virus and if we would have had a national mask mandate, we wouldn't be where we are now, even when the evidence shows that it wouldn't have made one damn bit of difference as it didn't in California. This is Biden's plan, something California has already done with no success.

Why do you keep posting here knowing this is a Democrat-only thread? I asked you that before and you have not answered yet.

What works or not depends on what happens when people use it. If everyone wears a mask, the mandate works.

Actually, it would be a platform called "Intelligence and Fact Based Forum"

Trump supporters would not be able to post, not because they would be banned but because they would not having anything to post.

LOL Unfortunately most Trump supporters think they are smart and use facts, so that title would invite them in.

What we need are a Liberal Form moderator and a Conservative Forum moderator for each of those two subforums. That will never happen though, so I have to be a psuedo-moderator here.

The places it seems we are not handling the virus looks to be where democrats are running the cities and states.

You might want to see what it happening in Florida and Texas, which were the worst two states in every COVID-19 statistic for weeks and have Republican governors. Arizona may be getting better now, but for weeks it too was a hotbed for the coronavirus.

Put aside your feelings about Trump here and look at this situation from the other POV: All of the worst areas for COVID-19 have very dense populations except Arizona. Most cases in New York State were in New York City. In Florida, numbers are much worse in Palm Beach, Broward, and Dade Counties than the other 64 - so bad that m governor excluded them from his reopening plan in the May 4 executive order. Also, do not forget California, Texas, and Florida are the most populous states in that order. BTW California is worst in Los Angeles, Orange, and San Diego Counties, which should not surprise anyone. Do you see a pattern there?

My point is your risk of getting COVID-19 is affected by which area you live in, not just whether Kentucky's governor is a Democrat or Republican.

As was pointed out in a meme many times, two factors on how bad COVID 19 can get is 1) How dense the population it and 2) How dense the population is.

You mean like New York (Cuomo - Democrat) where they are seeing less than 10 deaths per day or like Florida (DeSantis - Republican) where they are still seeing 150 deaths per day?

You really need to back up your statements with facts and data. Otherwise, you look like a person that doesn't know what he is saying, just saying it to make himself heard.

As was pointed out in a meme many times, two factors on how bad COVID 19 can get is 1) How dense the population it and 2) How dense the population is.

In the same post, I named specific areas to prove whether a state is blue or red does not affect the population density that makes social distancing almost impossible. Where a mask mandate is not effective, voters must look at the ability in all those areas to always be at least six feet apart when they are not home (except for dental appointments, of course). So let's see how well a mask mandate works in places where it is easy to keep a mask on, but not social distance, then compare them to their opposites.

Last edited:
You mean like New York (Cuomo - Democrat) where they are seeing less than 10 deaths per day or like Florida (DeSantis - Republican) where they are still seeing 150 deaths per day?

You really need to back up your statements with facts and data. Otherwise, you look like a person that doesn't know what he is saying, just saying it to make himself heard.

Typical Republican crap that is exactly why I started this thread.

Typical Republican crap that is exactly why I started this thread.

Right now, the infection rate in NY has been less that 1% of new tests per day for a month. The number of hostpialized people are less that 450, with a very slow downward trend.

You stated that Biden "would follow the science". Locking the country and following the science are 2 completely different things. They are not the same though on occasions they do go together. Just keep in mind that if we "had locked the country" in the first 3 months of the pandemic, we would be out of 99% of the problems we are still having 8 months after the pandemic started. Do I really need to show you statistics? How countries that were totally unprepared for the pandemic, such as Spain and Italy, are now averaging less than 20 deaths per day after having big virus infections and deaths the first 3 months and we are still averaging over 1000 deaths per day 8 months after the pandemic started and we were supposed to be the best prepared for a pandemic? Really?

Bottom line is that Trump handled the pandemic incompetently and anything is better than keeping him in office. It really would be difficult for Biden to do worse than Trump and the probabilities favor him doing much better.

We did lock down the country, causing a 33% drop in GDP and over 11% unemployment. Wasn't that good enough for you? You want worse numbers than that? Every country on the planet locked down, and then opened back up and every country that has opened back up has seen a resurgence. You lefties say that you want to follow the science and listen to the health care experts but the health care experts say that we don't need to be locked down and it's rather funny that if we get a vaccine, all of a sudden, you guys say you won't follow the science or listen to the experts. Then you say we should have a national mask mandate, even though the science shows that it didn't work in California.

Right now, the infection rate in NY has been less that 1% of new tests per day for a month. The number of hospitalized people are less that 450, with a very slow downward trend.

This proves Andrew Cuomo was struggling to get everything New Yorkers needed to tackle the coronavirus because nobody was prepared for an influx from Europe and the Trump administration refused to help him. Thousands of lives could have been saved if we did not have a totally selfish and incompetent science denier in the Oval Office.

Why do you keep posting here knowing this is a Democrat-only thread? I asked you that before and you have not answered yet.

What works or not depends on what happens when people use it. If everyone wears a mask, the mandate works.

But there is nowhere where everyone wears a mask. That is the point. That's the trouble with you lefties who operate on feel good ****. California is very liberal and even with a mask mandate, they are getting worse, not better, since the mask mandate started. You don't look at reality. You only look at it as if everyone really would wear a mask if there was a mask mandate, which they don't. They don't do it anywhere, they don't do it in California, not even Nancy Pelosi does it. By the way, I vote Democrats every election so that gives me the right to post in this thread. I don't believe there has ever been an election I have not voted for a Democrat.

LOL. And California has proven that they do not. Are you listening to Republican states now? Or, are you saying that Republicans obey mask mandates better than liberals?

Just the facts as presented. California is not comparable to the data since Cali did not quantify rates dependent on counties with mandates compared to counties without - its in the textural part of the article. Trying for a D vs. R, or C vs. L comparison in my post is an invalid assumption because I reject BOTH parties and partisan politics. Partisan politics is ruining this country, and it would not matter if Parties in Kansas existed or not; the data and comparison would persist as presented.

We did lock down the country, causing a 33% drop in GDP and over 11% unemployment. Wasn't that good enough for you? You want worse numbers than that? Every country on the planet locked down, and then opened back up and every country that has opened back up has seen a resurgence. You lefties say that you want to follow the science and listen to the health care experts but the health care experts say that we don't need to be locked down and it's rather funny that if we get a vaccine, all of a sudden, you guys say you won't follow the science or listen to the experts. Then you say we should have a national mask mandate, even though the science shows that it didn't work in California.

Let me say it like it is. We did not lock down the country, at least not like other countries locked down. Half-assed things tend to give half-assed results. Much of like what Trump has shown all his life (13 failed businesses). This is not about wanting worse or better numbers. One does not wish for the numbers, one interprets them to see what they say. Much like trading the stock market. Wishing does not make reality. You study the numbers and play the probabilities.

As far as this miracle vaccine that Trump is hoping for. Let me just say that no vaccine has ever been done successfully in less than 4 years. We are all hoping for a miracle but the probabilities do not favor one happening. People that depend on miracles, usually are disappointed.

Following common sense does not guarantee results but it increases the probabilities of success or decreases the probabilities of failure. I have seen several of your posts regarding the masks. Bottom line is that masks lower the chances of infection. Are they perfect? no, but the opposite does the opposite, it increases the chances of infection. Evidently you are looking for a black or white answer but there is none. There is common sense and there is imprudence and folly. Evidently, you support the latter.

The more I read your posts the more I think you are not a very rational thinking person. Then again, that seems to be the common denominator among Trump supporters.

But there is nowhere where everyone wears a mask. That is the point. That's the trouble with you lefties who operate on feel good crap. California is very liberal and even with a mask mandate, they are getting worse, not better, since the mask mandate started. You don't look at reality. You only look at it as if everyone really would wear a mask if there was a mask mandate, which they don't. They don't do it anywhere, they don't do it in California, not even Nancy Pelosi does it. By the way, I vote Democrats every election so that gives me the right to post in this thread. I don't believe there has ever been an election I have not voted for a Democrat.

So your username and political lean are inaccurate because you are really a moderate left voter.

Criticizing "lefties" like you do is typical of conservatives, so I had no reason to believe you would ever support a Democrat on Election Day.

Will you vote for Joe Biden or Donald Trump?

This proves Andrew Cuomo was struggling to get everything New Yorkers needed to tackle the coronavirus because nobody was prepared for an influx from Europe and the Trump administration refused to help him. Thousands of lives could have been saved if we did not have a totally selfish and incompetent science denier in the Oval Office.

Mind you, it took a learning curve, and mistakes were made in the beginning. However, many states should have been able to learn from both NYS successes and failures, and they didn't. It also was early in the pandemic, so NY didn't have many of the theraputics that helped reduce the death rate early on at the worse of the crisis. His imposing state wide restrictions help mitigate the problems in the rest of the state, before things became overwhelmed up here though

Just the facts as presented. California is not comparable to the data since Cali did not quantify rates dependent on counties with mandates compared to counties without - its in the textural part of the article. Trying for a D vs. R, or C vs. L comparison in my post is an invalid assumption because I reject BOTH parties and partisan politics. Partisan politics is ruining this country, and it would not matter if Parties in Kansas existed or not; the data and comparison would persist as presented.

LOL. Yes, I know. Whenever facts get in your way you claim it is not comparable. You are a fact denier. California mask mandate did not work and yet lefties claim that if there was a national mask mandate it would work. It's funny to watch you guys trip all over yourselves.

Back
Top Bottom