• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If you heal an undead...

Healing an Undead kills them

• Yes

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Wait...what?

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • I'm so confused....

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
lol, i'm currently reading a book about an undead fellow, 'cause Death had gone AWOL, and he couldn't die properly, so he just went back to his body, quite a good book.

and as for the OP, i don't think it would, as death isn't really curable.

Hmmm

Here's the comic, courtesy of Penny-Arcade:

215501068_okkvi-L-2.jpg

According to the rules in AD&D a priest can use a heal spell to hurt undead.

lol, i'm currently reading a book about an undead fellow, 'cause Death had gone AWOL, and he couldn't die properly, so he just went back to his body, quite a good book.

and as for the OP, i don't think it would, as death isn't really curable.
I love Reaper Man.

In Final Fantasy, using cure 4 on most undead will give them maximum damage.

In Final Fantasy, using cure 4 on most undead will give them maximum damage.

man now you made me want to break out final fantasy 7 and actually finish it

Undead aren't alive, they're just animated by negative energy (necromancy). The opposite of that is healing energy. So, if you use healing energy on a creature comprised of negative energy, it causes them harm. At least, in DnD rules it does. ;)

Think of it like a creature made of ice. If you use an ice attack on them, it's not going to bother them. But if you use a fire attack, it's going to hurt like hell. ;)

God I'm a geek. But I'm a cool geek.

Undead aren't alive, they're just animated by negative energy (necromancy). The opposite of that is healing energy. So, if you use healing energy on a creature comprised of negative energy, it causes them harm. At least, in DnD rules it does. ;)

Think of it like a creature made of ice. If you use an ice attack on them, it's not going to bother them. But if you use a fire attack, it's going to hurt like hell. ;)

what about vampires? they're not animated by necrophiliamancy

Depends on how you play them. Some of them are played as undead and anything holy does in fact harm them. Holy symbols, holy ground, etc. Some vampire classes are not undead though are actually another race entirely. All depends on which flavor of geekdom you prefer.

rivrrat said:
Undead aren't alive, they're just animated by negative energy (necromancy). The opposite of that is healing energy. So, if you use healing energy on a creature comprised of negative energy, it causes them harm. At least, in DnD rules it does.

Think of it like a creature made of ice. If you use an ice attack on them, it's not going to bother them. But if you use a fire attack, it's going to hurt like hell.

Nothing wrong with that. Back in my WoW days I would remember all the guys whose girlfriends didn't play the game...we'd talk and almost all of us would be jealous of the guys whose girlfriends played the game with them. And it wasn't just because we wanted a druid heal-bot.

It's to a point where you even skew the looks judgment. A girl that might rate a 4 in real life would be a 9 amongst gamer nerds.

Depends on how you play them. Some of them are played as undead and anything holy does in fact harm them. Holy symbols, holy ground, etc. Some vampire classes are not undead though are actually another race entirely. All depends on which flavor of geekdom you prefer.

double mocha with strawberries and whipped cream, but if they're undead, and harmed by holy symbols, if you made a star of david out of bandages, would it do double damage?

and what about holey cymbals?

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with that. Back in my WoW days I would remember all the guys whose girlfriends didn't play the game...we'd talk and almost all of us would be jealous of the guys whose girlfriends played the game with them. And it wasn't just because we wanted a druid heal-bot.

It's to a point where you even skew the looks judgment. A girl that might rate a 4 in real life would be a 9 amongst gamer nerds.

ROFL Indeed.

When I played Quake (Q3A), my id on the servers was "BadGirlie". I had guys all the time message me and ask, "Are you REALLY a chick?" I'd say yes. Next question, "You got a boyfriend?" I'd say yes. "DAMN! You must be the best girlfriend EVER!!!!" :lol:

double mocha with strawberries and whipped cream, but if they're undead, and harmed by holy symbols, if you made a star of david out of bandages, would it do double damage?

and what about holey cymbals?

LMFAO Dork. ;)

this thread is making want to find a DnD forum and start playing again.

rivrrat said:
When I played Quake (Q3A), my id on the servers was "BadGirlie". I had guys all the time message me and ask, "Are you REALLY a chick?" I'd say yes. Next question, "You got a boyfriend?" I'd say yes. "DAMN! You must be the best girlfriend EVER!!!!"

I knew a girl who played Dark Age of Camelot with me WAY back in the day, before WoW. She made the mistake of posting a real pic.

She never was the same after that day. She got the publicity of David Hasslehoff in Berlin.

I also knew one who played a male toon, nothing but male toons and never openly said she was a girl. Even spoke like a dude. Now that's a smart chick.

I don't know about that but one thing I do know about vampires is that they do not ****ing sparkle in the sunlight! Goddamned faggy ass twilight ruining vampires...

I knew a girl who played Dark Age of Camelot with me WAY back in the day, before WoW. She made the mistake of posting a real pic.

She never was the same after that day. She got the publicity of David Hasslehoff in Berlin.

I also knew one who played a male toon, nothing but male toons and never openly said she was a girl. Even spoke like a dude. Now that's a smart chick.

Eh, I just have a hard time lying and while I'm relaxing and playing a game, I don't want to have to pretend I'm someone/something I'm not. I'm just myself. I've never had any issue being female, but then again... I don't make a big show of it either. Yes, I received questions and compliments while playing Q3A, but not so much that it was bothersome. I really talked to very few people at all, I focused on killing folks instead. ;) I wasn't there to chit chat, I was there to kill, Kill, KILL!!

According to the mythology I've read, zombies only exist because an infection sustains their lower brain functions. The person has to die before they can be zombified, which means their soul and personality are gone. If you cure the virus you remove the only thing keeping them functional.

Other mythologies dealing with possession... same deal. The body is dead at the outset, and then a spirit possession reanimates it. Once the spirit decides to leave or is forced out, the body is just a shell again.

According to the mythology I've read, zombies only exist because an infection sustains their lower brain functions. The person has to die before they can be zombified, which means their soul and personality are gone. If you cure the virus you remove the only thing keeping them functional.

Other mythologies dealing with possession... same deal. The body is dead at the outset, and then a spirit possession reanimates it. Once the spirit decides to leave or is forced out, the body is just a shell again.

I do kinda wonder what makes Haitian zombies....

rivrrat said:
Eh, I just have a hard time lying and while I'm relaxing and playing a game, I don't want to have to pretend I'm someone/something I'm not. I'm just myself. I've never had any issue being female, but then again... I don't make a big show of it either. Yes, I received questions and compliments while playing Q3A, but not so much that it was bothersome. I really talked to very few people at all, I focused on killing folks instead. I wasn't there to chit chat, I was there to kill, Kill, KILL!!

That is so damn sexy.

I would've loved to have a chick on any of my gladiator teams. Sadly, I never knew a chick who could PvP worth a damn.

Back
Top Bottom