• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If you have young sons start training them to be fathers way earlier. You're not gonna stop sex and many will be fathers from 15-18yo.

And while you're at it go ahead and get a second job so that you can be a grandparent in your thirties and pay child support.
And pay more taxes to cover the cost of the unwanted children who are compelled to be birthed
Likewise, more taxes for more social workers to look after the children who are not wanted by their birth parents but who show up anyway thanks to the GQP

Last edited:
Maybe practicing a little common sense and restraint is a good thing. I was once on the prowl as every hetero young man has/was been. We never had an unwanted pregnancy. I was worried about AIDS, as that was in my prime prowling period. What percentage of abortions are in lieu of birth control?

I think the judge was well into the box wine when she relayed her “stats.”

Maybe practicing a little common sense and restraint is a good thing. I was once on the prowl as every hetero young man has/was been. We never had an unwanted pregnancy. I was worried about AIDS, as that was in my prime prowling period. What percentage of abortions are in lieu of birth control?

I think the judge was well into the box wine when she relayed her “stats.”

There are about 64 million adult females between 15 and 44 in the US.

If there were 65 million abortions per year, then that would mean that more than 100% of adult women are having an abortion each year.

People would notice.

And while you're at it go ahead and get a second job so that you can be a grandparent in your thirties and pay child support.

Or... I could continue my practice of not living in Redmerica.

It seems better to live somewhere with imaginary poop and needles than to live in a place where, say, three white dudes can hunt and murder a black guy for jogging, then get a prosecutor's protection (unless and until someone breaks the story nationally).

Great reasons to have an abortion.

Nice to know life is so meaningless compared to money (for you anyway).

And if young men don't forgo sex, then they pay the price.

Too bad.

Or... I could continue my practice of not living in Redmerica.

It seems better to live somewhere with imaginary poop and needles than to live in a place where, say, three white dudes can hunt and murder a black guy for jogging, then get a prosecutor's protection (unless and until someone breaks the story nationally).

Yeah...that happens all the time.

Imaginary poop and needles ? Now that is alt-reality.

Oddly enough I managed to avoid that fate. Possibly because I actually RAISED my son instead of just letting him run loose with no guidance.
I'm also helping raise two other teenage boys who have so far managed to avoid fatherhood.

Imagine that. What an oddity, eh?

(/irony)

I agree. I also agree that we should find a way to stop this before it happens.
Parenting 101
Safe Sex 101
Morality 101
Treating women with respect 101

Throwing your hands in the air and wanting to put ZERO culpability as a parent failing to teach your kids these things should result in jail time and the loss of your child.
Issues need to be stopped at the source, not after bad decisions result in poor outcomes. Like most other things, attempting to fix the symptoms instead of the cause is a Democrat thing primarily.

Immigration
Out of wedlock babies
Education Priority
Poverty

Good grief. How about just teach your kids to behave responsibly? The equation for getting pregnant is not complicated.

I'm at a loss to understand the meaning of this, in terms of child support for grandkids?
It kind of fits with this thread. The OP seems a little confused on this issue and is throwing out phrases for shock value only

Considering the Republican party is now basically a coalition of incels, ancient boomers who haven't been laid in years, and religious fundamentalists, I guess we shouldn't be surprised that the only sex many of them support is the type folks like Matt Gaetz and Dennis Hastert seem to enjoy. Is it insane to constantly spout conspiracy theories about the Democratic party being run by Satan worshipping pedophiles while some of the most prominent names in the Republican party are directly connected to that behavior? Sure, but who cares about things like reality and decency anymore when there are some libs that need to be owned?

Sounds to me, like someone is misinformed, or cannot present their ideas clearly.

Without more criticism of the OP, the subject of the OP is not without warrent.

After all, about 6 to 7 % of kids are raised by their grandparents.

It's already happening.

Not sure what our panicked OP is worried about it getting to.

Considering the Republican party is now basically a coalition of incels, ancient boomers who haven't been laid in years, and religious fundamentalists, I guess we shouldn't be surprised that the only sex many of them support is the type folks like Matt Gaetz and Dennis Hastert seem to enjoy. Is it insane to constantly spout conspiracy theories about the Democratic party being run by Satan worshipping pedophiles while some of the most prominent names in the Republican party are directly connected to that behavior? Sure, but who cares about things like reality and decency anymore when there are some libs that need to be owned?

Matt Gaetz was convicted of being a pedophile.

I must read more news.

What is the equation for not getting pregnant?
Abstinence is the only tried and true method. I talked with both of my kids and explained things. Namely, I did not want them to have sex as a teenager but I am a realist so I tried to convey that deciding to have sex is sort of like a contract - if you choose to engage in, then you are agreeing to accept any potential lifelong consequences of that decision.

Back
Top Bottom