• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If you have had both vaccination shots or COVID

you trying to derail or screw up a legitimate question? I know dozens of people who have recovered from COVID. what is the point of them wearing masks

You know one right here, and because I am a long hauler, I made it my business to study up on chances of reinfection or infection by possible mutated variants. I also made sure to find out how durable my own natural antibodies are against this virus. And since information is still relatively scant compared to other past viruses, I wisely decided to use caution.

what about those who have already had the disease? are you going to suggest people wear masks for the rest of eternity because of the flu or colds?

Eternity....hyperbole much?
I will say this however...based on what I have learned from this experience, I WILL be wearing face masks and practicing extra hand washing and social distancing for the rest of my life during flu season, even if COVID retreats into the rearview mirror as a fuzzy memory. This pandemic taught me a lot about basic prevention tactics.
In fact, it would be very wise for everyone to don masks every flu season, because as so many have repeated right here before, the flu can be very deadly as well.
So I have accepted the need to use masks in public from now on every time flu season pops up, for my own protection, because the flu hits me pretty hard whenever I get it.

By the way, because California is NOT a state where anti-federal government sentiment is popular, the Governor gave the green light awhile ago to start preparing for federal response, and to that end, AS I PREDICTED, one of the underused satellite parking lots at the high school around the corner already started construction of a field unit, which might very well serve as a vax location OR a field hospital, not sure which, but the signs are evident, and a lot of medical gear is being moved in.

I won't be the least bit surprised if activity skyrockets at that location once the new White House administration is in.

Is there any reason to wear a mask other than to keep the paranoid members of the public less uneasy?
Probably not, but I'll do what the experts say is best for encouraging herd immunity as quick as possible, it's such a minor inconvenience and it would be super annoying if we have to keep at this because a few irresponsible people were poorly raised and just can't stand doing anything they don't want to do.

Is there any reason to wear a mask other than to keep the paranoid members of the public less uneasy?
Yes. There is possiblity of reinfection of you have had covid 19, particularly since new strains are going around.

And, if a vaccine is 90% effective, that leaves a 10% not being effective in the mix.

We have both had Covid, and my GF had her first shot last week. We had Covid back in June of 2020.

Yes, we both wear masks. For our protection, and for others, and because we aren't the anti-science assholes that go around not wearing masks.

Really stupid question...just ignorant.

Lol, look who's calling other people assholes: someone who was already infected, taking up a vaccine from someone else who wasn't.

Lol, look who's calling other people assholes: someone who was already infected, taking up a vaccine from someone else who wasn't.
She works in a hospital, damned straight she is getting a vaccine. BTW, as it has been explained countless times, just because you had Covid, it does not mean you can't get it again.

Ignorance is on display...

She works in a hospital, damned straight she is getting a vaccine. BTW, as it has been explained countless times, just because you had Covid, it does not mean you can't get it again.

Ignorance is on display...

That's also true of getting vaccinated, speaking of ignorance.

Where do YOU work? Having had the disease already, you are FAR less likely to get it than someone else who hasn't. Like my 80+ year old mother who still hasn't had a chance to get vaccinated yet.

That's also true of getting vaccinated, speaking of ignorance.

Where do YOU work? Having had the disease already, you are FAR less likely to get it than someone else who hasn't. Like my 80+ year old mother who still hasn't had a chance to get vaccinated yet.
Its been 6 months...and I live with someone who works in a hospital that has had multiple outbreaks of Covid.

Look at you being all class warfare about covid.

Not a good look for you.

Look at you being all class warfare about covid.

Not a good look for you.

Says the guy who called someone else "ignorant" and "stupid" for asking a perfectly legitimate question.

At present we have a member of Congress who is fully vaccinated and has since tested positive for Covid.
The vaccine is giving him the protection from symptoms of the disease as promised but obviously as he is carrying the disease he can spread it to others.

You don't know for a fact that you, or anyone else, who has had the disease is immune at all. ( fact) Furthermore, you would be wise to learn the difference in being 'paranoid' vs. 'cautious.'

Yes, a small portion of people can go on to get infected after being vaccinated, or reinfected after having had the disease, so mask wearing should continue until this pandemic is over. To say, though, that we can't be sure that anybody who has had the disease is immune... that just makes no sense at all. How did they recover, then, without having mounted an immune response?

Get off it and read up on the facts. Please !!!!

Yes, a small portion of people can go on to get infected after being vaccinated, or reinfected after having had the disease, so mask wearing should continue until this pandemic is over. To say, though, that we can't be sure that anybody who has had the disease is immune... that just makes no sense at all. How did they recover, then, without having mounted an immune response?
Read what the immunology experts have put forth regarding your query.

Back
Top Bottom