• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If you enjoy your constitutional rights don't vote for Hillary.

blaxshep

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Sunday, George Stephanopoulos pushed Clinton twice on whether people have a right to own guns on ABC News’ "This Week": “But that's not what I asked. I said do you believe that their conclusion that an individual's right to bear arms is a constitutional right?” Clinton could only say: “If it is a constitutional right...”

But to anyone familiar with the Supreme Court rulings on the Second Amendment, Clinton clearly indicated that she would appoint Supreme Court Justices who will allow gun bans.

Stephanopoulos also asked Hillary on Sunday about her support in 1993 for a 25 percent sales tax on handguns. This is enough to add a hundred or more dollars to the price of a gun. Clinton wouldn’t say if she still supported such a tax, but she appeared to justify the proposal by talking about the costs of gun violence. Of course, she has never acknowledged the fact that guns are used to stop crimes 4 to 5 times more often than they are used to commit them.

Hillary never mentions it, but the new background checks that she keeps pushing will also make guns more costly and not make us safer. In Washington and New York City, expanding background checks to private transfers will add at least $125 to the cost of obtaining a gun. In New Jersey, it usually adds $100. It is as low as $60 in Washington State.

On Sunday, Hillary also pushed the idea of making gun makers and sellers liable for guns which end up being used in crimes. As her rival Bernie Sanders, of all people, has explained: “If somebody has a gun and it falls into the hands of a murderer and the murderer kills somebody with a gun, do you hold the gun manufacturer responsible? Not any more than you would hold a hammer company responsible if somebody beats somebody over the head with a hammer.” Even if Sanders exaggerates when he says that Hillary’s proposal will eliminate guns in the U.S., everyone knows that this change in rules will raise the cost of guns and put many out of business.

After adding up all these fees, taxes, and liabilities, few Americans are going to be able to afford guns. That is especially true for the people who need guns the most for protection — poor blacks who live in high crime urban areas. It wouldn't be surprising if some otherwise law-abiding citizens resort to buying guns illegally.

It's time for someone to ask Clinton a simple question: Won’t overturning the Heller decision make gun bans possible again? If so, exactly how is Donald Trump’s statement wrong?

Four ways Hillary Clinton will work to end gun ownership as president | Fox News

End gun ownership?

Delusions, delusions as far as the eye can see.

If you enjoy your constitutional rights, don't vote for any Republocrat.

Sunday, George Stephanopoulos pushed Clinton twice on whether people have a right to own guns on ABC News’ "This Week": “But that's not what I asked. I said do you believe that their conclusion that an individual's right to bear arms is a constitutional right?” Clinton could only say: “If it is a constitutional right...”

Well thank you for sharing this with me!
I'm happy to know that the candidate I will probably vote for shares my view of the Second Amendment. The second amendment is outdated and needs to be rewritten. I'm going to vote for the candidate that would be open to that if given the opportunity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

End gun ownership?

Delusions, delusions as far as the eye can see.

this post of yours appears to be a case of someone who supports Hillary, realizes what hillary wants, cannot rebut the claims made in the first post but feels a need to somehow defend Hillary. in other words, ridiculous evasive twaddle

I'm happy to know that the candidate I will probably vote for shares my view of the Second Amendment. The second amendment is outdated and needs to be rewritten. I'm going to vote for the candidate that would be open to that if given the opportunity.

in other words, you are a gun banner and wan the second amendment to be obliterated so that the ruling party can ban any gun it wants as long as it has the votes to do so

this post of yours appears to be a case of someone who supports Hillary, realizes what hillary wants, cannot rebut the claims made in the first post but feels a need to somehow defend Hillary. in other words, ridiculous evasive twaddle

What the hell post did you read?

The only reason for the individual to give up firearms would be if the government also gave up the same firearms.

I fear for my 2nd Amendment rights under Hillary. I fear for rest of my rights under Trump.

in other words, you are a gun banner and wan the second amendment to be obliterated so that the ruling party can ban any gun it wants as long as it has the votes to do so

You can say I said something I didn't all day long. Why waste our time saying I said something I didn't? And what your response if I was a gun banner?

You can say I said something I didn't all day long. Why waste our time saying I said something I didn't? And what your response if I was a gun banner?

OK so tell us what do you want to change the second amendment too?

Clearly not.

Let me veer us back to reality. Simple question: do you actually think Hillary is going to work to end gun ownership in this nation?

The only reason for the individual to give up firearms would be if the government also gave up the same firearms.

That's still not a good reason for a person to give up their weapons.

I did not say anything about giving up firearms. And there is no way our government could force us to give up our firearms. Even a buyback system wouldn't work because The crazy would still keep their guns and not sell them. And you're not gonna send gun lovers to take away other gun lovers guns that ain't gonna work either. Earth would propose an idea like taking away peoples guns?

Clearly not.

Let me veer us back to reality. Simple question: do you actually think Hillary is going to work to end gun ownership in this nation?

I think Hillary thinks that congress should have the power to ban any type of gun it wants to and that the courts shouldn't stop that. If you think congress should be able to ban some types of firearms, you believe congress should have the power to ban any gun

Clearly not.

"Work to"? Yes. Succeed? No.

I fear for my 2nd Amendment rights under Hillary. I fear for rest of my rights under Trump.

Well he wont be able to go too far seeing as he will be keeping the population armed to the teeth.

I think Hillary thinks that congress should have the power to ban any type of gun it wants to and that the courts shouldn't stop that. If you think congress should be able to ban some types of firearms, you believe congress should have the power to ban any gun

That's one hell of a jump and not a reasonable one. Not sure what I was expecting though.

"Work to"? Yes. Succeed? No.

Fear of imaginary threats is not a good way to live.

Actually Hillary will be going after much more than just your 2nd.

Hillary is a power hungry control freak. she will try to limit any right that stands in the way of her being able to have as much power as possible

Hillary clearly feels that she has the intelligence to run the lives of others and doesn't want them to be able to object

I did not say anything about giving up firearms. And there is no way our government could force us to give up our firearms. Even a buyback system wouldn't work because The crazy would still keep their guns and not sell them. And you're not gonna send gun lovers to take away other gun lovers guns that ain't gonna work either. Earth would propose an idea like taking away peoples guns?

Your post is completely nonsensical.

OK so tell us what do you want to change the second amendment too?

I would not tell the country hey change it to "blah blah blah" I would want us to go through our legal process and hear from the citizens and leaders of our country and come up with the collective idea that fits our current Technology and ideas from the country.

Back
Top Bottom