• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If You Don't Like Transgender People Using The Bathroom

My opinion on this is simple. There are so many men who are sexual predators, and just because we can't do anything about those men who prey on boys in a men's room, that doesn't mean we should make it easy for those who prey on little girls by allowing open access to a woman's restroom.

I just feel that protecting girls/women from predatory men, should take a higher priority than making sure a transgendered person feels good when they take a dump. That doesn't make me a "whatever" phobe, or a "hater"... It makes me someone who's worried about the very dangerous repercussions this could have and I feel the priority should lie with protecting children and unsuspecting women.

OK, I'm ready for it... Let the name calling begin.

Are you unaware that over 90% of sexual predators know their victims? Perhaps you don't realize that over 95% of sexual assaults occur in private residents, not public places. Even when they occur in public places, it is more likely to be someone the victim knows. Those rare occasions when something is done in public, it normally involves someone who is known to the victim or who is simply crazy and would ignore laws against them being in those restrooms anyway.

Yes, that is our policy. And it has been that way since before I started working there. We do not separate children of any age (including adults) from their children and basically anyone can use any changing room they want to use. Do you expect our employees to question a person's sex, demand proof of what sex they are prior to entering the changing rooms?

Of course there are other options. Those uncomfortable can wait, or use the men's fitting room. Or in the case of my store, use the fitting rooms up front. We have plenty of fitting rooms and so many people in there normally (plus a fitting room attendant right outside), that the chances of something happening are small.

I'm sure parents won't mind at all when a 40 year old man in a dress, pulls his dick out in front of their 8 year old daughter in a public rest room.

You do realize that if someone does that it's against the law, right?

If I go in to the mens room and whip my dick out and wave it at a little boy I'm going to jail. You understand this, correct? Why do you think it would be different for a transsexual in a female restroom?

Also, you realize that there are stalls in womens bathrooms, so even if a transsexual went in to the stall to pee, and whipped it out and did helicopter twirls with it, no one is actually going to see a penis?

already happened, and has happened on multiple occasions.
women complained and stores said nothing they can do.

they won't risk a lawsuit.

plenty of articles have been posted on this on these forums as well.

Prove this. Prove that men have gone into the ladies restroom, exposed themselves to people in that restroom, and that when someone complained, the management said there was nothing they could do (as in that they couldn't stop the person from exposing themself).

What the **** are you talking about ? If you outlaw using a bathroom, you make those situations illegal. Do you not realize that ?

The laws clarify standards an how a restroom gets used. It accompanies existing laws, it does not override them. If your grandma needs you to help wipe her butt, then you can still do so, so please spare us the histrionics....

There are people that tax advantage of all types of laws to do bad things. Where does it end? If someone takes advantage of lax gun laws in one state and goes out and kills a million people should we ban guns? If someone takes advantage of the lax regulation of speeding, and goes and crashes and kills an innocent person, should we ban cars?

There are common sense steps that can be taken, but they demand that people put responsibility above rights (an anathema to too many people these days). This is all that's being asked for...

Is the law blanketed to school restrooms/locker rooms as well?
Because, though a cute meme, my daughter does not currently have to face corruption, homelessness, environmental woes, etc. in a locker room at school.
Its the only issue I really have is that under aged kids should not be showering with those that still have the bodies of the opposite sex.
If this is addressed by the laws somewhere then :peace

I'll say again, I don't personally have time to compare equipment with people when I'm doing my business. I'm only in a restroom for one reason. But that's just me.

:popcorn2:

(This should upset all the right people... BTW, I agree with the image message.)

Actually, it's dishonest. Very few people I see arguing this issue are arguing against trans people using the bathroom. Most express concern that someone who looks like the ultimate Hell's Angel will claim he feels like a woman on that day and wants to hang out in the ladies room and some of the trans advocates are saying, "so what, he should be able to do that" and that's what I disagree with.

That's not how it works. Unisex bathrooms only have stalls. What I find kind of funny about it is that it ignores why urinals were invented and used in the first place.
Yes, stalls only, which is why if every public establishment went to unisex multi-use restrooms that women would soon be protesting unisex bathrooms en masse: many males don't lift the lid and females will get tired of their new public restroom experience of sitting on piss.

Many males don't want to get bacteria on their hands touching a public toilet seat to lift it and then touching themselves and they don't want to exert the extra effort to lift the lid with their foot .. so they just pee away .. and some don't aim so good.

In addition, a number of males opposing Obama's edicts will intentionally have poor aim.

It won't be long before most females will be objecting to unisex restrooms too.

Maybe new unisex restrooms will eventually have seat lid lift levers that are foot-step operated .. but, the unisex restroom protestors and the inconsiderate won't use them -- females will still be sitting on piss.

Yes, Obama blew it big time on this one.

He simply didn't think it through.

The laws clarify standards an how a restroom gets used. It accompanies existing laws, it does not override them. If your grandma needs you to help wipe her butt, then you can still do so, so please spare us the histrionics....

This isn't true. Many of the laws that are being made about bathroom use only allow exceptions for young children (under an age around 12 or 10) to accompany their opposite sex parents, not to help other disabled people in your care to use the restrooms.

Yes, stalls only, which is why if every public establishment went to unisex multi-use restrooms that women would soon be protesting unisex bathrooms en masse: many males don't lift the lid and females will get tired of their new public restroom experience of sitting on piss.

Many males don't want to get bacteria on their hands touching a public toilet seat to lift it and then touching themselves and they don't want to exert the extra effort to lift the lid with their foot .. so they just pee away .. and some don't aim so good.

In addition, a number of males opposing Obama's edicts will intentionally have poor aim.

It won't be long before most females will be objecting to unisex restrooms too.

Maybe new unisex restrooms will eventually have seat lid lift levers that are foot-step operated .. but, the unisex restroom protestors and the inconsiderate won't use them -- females will still be sitting on piss.

Yes, Obama blew it big time on this one.

He simply didn't think it through.

And many women already pee on the seat (or worse). Women's restrooms aren't these magical rooms that always have dry clean seats and floors, toilet paper is abundant, and smell like roses.

Actually, it's dishonest. Very few people I see arguing this issue are arguing against trans people using the bathroom. Most express concern that someone who looks like the ultimate Hell's Angel will claim he feels like a woman on that day and wants to hang out in the ladies room and some of the trans advocates are saying, "so what, he should be able to do that" and that's what I disagree with.

No one is allowed to simply "hang out" in any restroom legally. Anyone, male or female, trans or cis, can be asked to leave a restroom for loitering in there.

There are alrady laws on the books to cover these situations.... :roll:

Can you show where, say the NC law, allows for individuals to take their opposite sex dependents, be they children or elderly, into the restroom that doesn't match the defendant or the care taker to enter the restroom that does match the defendant?

as a guy I am not allowed in the womens restroom, but the guy that thinks he is a women in that minute is.
you see the problem?

I doubt it.

Is the guy who actually thinks he's a woman the real issue with you?

No one is allowed to simply "hang out" in any restroom legally. Anyone, male or female, trans or cis, can be asked to leave a restroom for loitering in there.

You're just quibbling with semantics. Answer this directly, please. Do you do think the entire Hell's Angels motorcycle gang should be able to enter and use the ladies room at, say, a roadside rest stop?

Incidentally, I'm using Hell's Angels because they're typically very large and hairy.

Are you unaware that over 90% of sexual predators know their victims? Perhaps you don't realize that over 95% of sexual assaults occur in private residents, not public places. Even when they occur in public places, it is more likely to be someone the victim knows. Those rare occasions when something is done in public, it normally involves someone who is known to the victim or who is simply crazy and would ignore laws against them being in those restrooms anyway.

I don't want to misrepresent your views... Are you saying that my concerns are unwarranted, and that no such thing will happen or ever could happen?

If you are not saying that and admit that it is possible, then obviously you must have an "acceptable" number in your head, of how many women and children can be victimized and suffer to accommodate this law, that you are willing to live with... what is that number?

You're just quibbling with semantics. Answer this directly, please. Do you do think the entire Hell's Angels motorcycle gang should be able to enter and use the ladies room at, say, a roadside rest stop?

Incidentally, I'm using Hell's Angels because they're typically very large and hairy.

I have no issue with it.

What do you think they would do or who do you think would stop them at a roadside stop? If they wanted to do it, and it was against the law, I doubt they would care if there were laws saying they couldn't use those restrooms to begin with. They are the Hell's Angels afterall. And it is a roadside stop, which means there aren't going to be that many people there either. It isn't that hard to ignore anyone in the restroom, unless they are trying to do something to you, which is against the law.

I don't want to misrepresent your views... Are you saying that my concerns are unwarranted, and that no such thing will happen or ever could happen?

If you are not saying that and admit that it is possible, then obviously you must have an "acceptable" number in your head, of how many women and children can be victimized and suffer to accommodate this law, that you are willing to live with... what is that number?

I'm saying that the chance of any significant increase in bathroom attacks happening based on changing laws about who can use which restroom is extremely small. Laws don't keep anyone from attacking anyone in a public restroom, but especially sexually attacking someone. The publicness of the restroom/locker room/changing room and the very high chance of being caught is what prevents most such attacks. So, if you really want to reduce the chance even more, place a restroom attendant into every multiple stall/urinal restroom and every fitting/locker room so that they can watch to see if anyone is doing anything suspicious.

I propose a law stating that every business must now also build a male and female childrens bathroom so that adult males can't use the bathroom with little boys.

So lets hear it grim. How many little boys must be raped and abused before you support this stupid, err... I mean "family friendly" bill?

Hopefully this lets you see how dumb your argument is, but I don't have high hopes.

I'm saying that the chance of any significant increase in bathroom attacks happening based on changing laws about who can use which restroom is extremely small.

OK, you've now acknowledged that the threat exists, so I ask again:

What is an "acceptable" number in your head, of how many women and children can be victimized and suffer to accommodate this law, that you are willing to live with?

I propose a law stating that every business must now also build a male and female childrens bathroom so that adult males can't use the bathroom with little boys.

So lets hear it grim. How many little boys must be raped and abused before you support this stupid, err... I mean "family friendly" bill?

Hopefully this lets you see how dumb your argument is, but I don't have high hopes.

As I have already stated, just because boys can be victimized in a men's room, does that make it OK to make it easier for girls and women to be victimized in a lady's room also?

I have no issue with it.

I do and that's where the disagreement is. Not about actual trans people using the bathroom.

What do you think they would do or who do you think would stop them at a roadside stop? If they wanted to do it, and it was against the law, I doubt they would care if there were laws saying they couldn't use those restrooms to begin with. They are the Hell's Angels afterall. And it is a roadside stop, which means there aren't going to be that many people there either. It isn't that hard to ignore anyone in the restroom, unless they are trying to do something to you, which is against the law.

That's funny. You start by telling me that laws are not, in any way, effective (therefore we shouldn't bother, I guess?), then end your comment with it's fine if they enter the restroom because it would be against the law for them to do something they shouldn't.

OK, you've now acknowledged that the threat exists, so I ask again:

What is an "acceptable" number in your head, of how many women and children can be victimized and suffer to accommodate this law, that you are willing to live with?

What part of this do you not understand? I am not for making laws or enforcing laws based on a chance that something might increase that is already outlawed, but that we know will cause harassment of others because the law is in place. This chance can easily be mitigated by putting restroom or locker room attendants in place. Not only would doing this take out the risk of any potential attacks against women or children in the women's restroom based solely on not having laws against men specifically in women's restrooms, but it would also reduce the chance of either anyone attacking anyone in either restroom or even installing video cameras or trying to take pics of others, things that happen regardless of the laws, because someone would be inside the restroom with the job to specifically look for that type of person.

Back
Top Bottom