• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If you don't like _____________ we can't be friends

Josie

*probably reading smut*
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Fill in the blank.

If you don't like Seinfeld, we can't be friends. We just can't.

If you don't like The Walking Dead, we can't be friends.

It's just not gonna work out well for us.

Last edited:
Messed up humor.

Not because I won't like you. Because you won't like me. :D

Fill in the blank.

If you don't like Seinfeld, we can't be friends. We just can't.

If you don't like tamales, we just can't be friends.

I love Seinfeld, BTW. ;)

If you don't like The Walking Dead, we can't be friends. We just can't.

See, my problem with Walking Dead is the same as my problem with Game of Thrones - how very realistic it is about the realities of the human condition when stripped from modern civilization and during conflict. If I wanted to watch more soulless ghouls ripping people to pieces and taking brutal advantage of their power over the weak, I'd just go back to Iraq.

If you don't like Mexican food, we just can't be friends. At any rate, we won't be eating many meals together...

If you don't like breathing oxygen, we can't be friends. We just can't.

See, my problem with Walking Dead is the same as my problem with Game of Thrones - how very realistic it is about the realities of the human condition when stripped from modern civilization and during conflict. If I wanted to watch more soulless ghouls ripping people to pieces and taking brutal advantage of their power over the weak, I'd just go back to Iraq.

For the same reasons, I don't watch horror movies, or ride the "scary" rides at the amusement park, or for that matter, go to fireworks shows. Real life gave me enough horror and terror and far more dramatic fireworks to last me the rest of what's left of my life.

As for the thread question? Grits, real ones, not instant crap. Yep, grits - shrimp and grits, cheesy grits, salt and pepper grits, salt and butter grits; there's so many ways to eat them, any decent person with a good soul, will be able eat and like at least one version. If you won't even try them, or after trying the real thing (not the instant ones, those don't count - they're not real grits) say you hate grits, then that tells me a lot about your soul.

And, for the record, fatback comes in a close second, although it's not a deal breaker.

Oh, I gave up on Walking Dead back in season three. It got to the point that I didn't care if any of the characters lived or died. If you don't care about the characters, what's the point of watching the show?

As for the thread question? Grits, real ones, not instant crap. Yep, grits - shrimp and grits, cheesy grits, salt and pepper grits, salt and butter grits

....dangit. I was full and satisfied with my dinner until you posted that.

See, but that's the main reason why I like the show. Plus the character development.

See, but that's the main reason why I like the show. Plus the character development.

There's character development? Where? Okay, granted, I haven't watched for years, but back when I finally gave up, everyone on the show was such a horrible excuse for a human being that I was voting for the zombie apocalypse.

There's character development? Where? Okay, granted, I haven't watched for years, but back when I finally gave up, everyone on the show was such a horrible excuse for a human being that I was voting for the zombie apocalypse.

There is actually a whole lot of character development in the show, and a whole lot of it is good (with the exception of Andrea and Lori).

But I can tell you that the group has changed a whole lot since Season 1 and 2. And the show overall has gotten better since Scott Gimple took over as executive producer.

Last edited:
Well, have a good life then - unless you say you would at least try them from a person that knows how to cook them - if not...

Eh................... I'd try them again, I guess. But I might puke.

Titties, beer, America, you know, the regular.

Interestingly (to me) I also have the same problem with The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones, but for me they are how wildly they have both diverged from the original stories.

If you don't prefer the book over the TV/movie, we can't be friends.

True. I hear that such things can even happen to the best of people.
Sadly, there are restauranteurs out there who are just bad people. :(

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom