• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If you don't like _____________ we can't be friends

If you don't like Star Wars we can still be friends. Just don't ask me out on a date because you will be looking for love in alderaan places....

If you don't like kicking back with a drink, we can't be friends.

For the same reasons, I don't watch horror movies, or ride the "scary" rides at the amusement park, or for that matter, go to fireworks shows. Real life gave me enough horror and terror and far more dramatic fireworks to last me the rest of what's left of my life.

As for the thread question? Grits, real ones, not instant crap. Yep, grits - shrimp and grits, cheesy grits, salt and pepper grits, salt and butter grits; there's so many ways to eat them, any decent person with a good soul, will be able eat and like at least one version. If you won't even try them, or after trying the real thing (not the instant ones, those don't count - they're not real grits) say you hate grits, then that tells me a lot about your soul.

And, for the record, fatback comes in a close second, although it's not a deal breaker.

Hot grits with black pepper, a patty of butter and a light swirl of syrup.

Back
Top Bottom