• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If you don't like _____________ we can't be friends

Dogs....especially puppies
How do I give this a thousand likes? :thumbs:

"/like x 1K" <-- maybe like this?

Actually though, my preference is grown dog - well trained, attentive, and empathetic to their masters.

If you dont like my books, I will hate you right back. (just kidding, I can take criticism) :mrgreen:

I didn't intend it to be this way, but..

If you don't like cheesecake, we can't be friends.

If you don't prefer the book over the TV/movie, we can't be friends.

What about those who haven't read the books?

I'm a non-fiction, boring guy myself. I leave my TV viewing for the not true stuff. ;)

What about those who haven't read the books?

I'm a non-fiction, boring guy myself. I leave my TV viewing for the not true stuff. ;)

Your call, and we can still be friends, but I think you're missing out.

Game of Thrones is especially frustrating as I read the first book in 1996, and now folks who'd never heard about it a few years ago know more of the story than I do, except it's a significantly different story.

It's his business, but i feel like I owe George R.R. Martin a pop in the mouth for treating his old fans this way. I think he should have finished his story before monetizing it. I wonder how much of the 6 years I waited for book 5 he spent setting his up board game/RPG/CCG/TV show deals.

And now I'll never be sure how much the show tainted the book. It's a reversal of the natural order of things I don't appreciate.

I vent my frustration by calling him Dirty Santa Claus.

If you dont like TRUTH we cant be friends.

Add JUSTICE

Add the AMERICAN WAY.

:ind:

to shoot, golf, or fish

Your call, and we can still be friends, but I think you're missing out.

Game of Thrones is especially frustrating as I read the first book in 1996, and now folks who'd never heard about it a few years ago know more of the story than I do, except it's a significantly different story.

It's his business, but i feel like I owe George R.R. Martin a pop in the mouth for treating his old fans this way. I think he should have finished his story before monetizing it. I wonder how much of the 6 years I waited for book 5 he spent setting his up board game/RPG/CCG/TV show deals.

And now I'll never be sure how much the show tainted the book. It's a reversal of the natural order of things I don't appreciate.

I vent my frustration by calling him Dirty Santa Claus.

Seriously, is loyalty just a word in the dictionary now?

BUT, you are only the second person to say this around me, which gives me the sads.

:2bigcry:

Don't love Lord Of The Rings movies or The Hobbit movies

How do I give this a thousand likes? :thumbs:

"/like x 1K" <-- maybe like this?

Actually though, my preference is grown dog - well trained, attentive, and empathetic to their masters.

I like both

My nine yr old chocolate lab is my buddy....he goes everywhere with me....unconditional love, loyalty, and companionship

But a lady brought in a 4 month old pointer to the doggie daycare as I was dropping Riley off for the day, and I fell in love immediately....omg so cute, and that puppy playfulness

Yeah.....dogs and puppies

If you don't like, we CANT be friends

If you don't like animals, we can't be friends.

THat's OK so long as you are not one of them "Animals are more important than people" people.

I hate on them.

LOYALTY TO OUR SPECIES IS A REQUIREMENT!

THat's OK so long as you are not one of them "Animals are more important than people" people.

I hate on them.

LOYALTY TO OUR SPECIES IS A REQUIREMENT!

No, I'm not one of those, though I do know one.

My answer is as close as I could get to my feelings about animals. Actually, better than "like" would be "respect."

...kids......

If you don't like kids, we can get along and socialize but I don't think we'll ever be friends.

No, I'm not one of those, though I do know one.

My answer is as close as I could get to my feelings about animals. Actually, better than "like" would be "respect."

I like feeding animal meat to other animals. Just have to make sure they don't get the bones, because those are hard to digest.

For the same reasons, I don't watch horror movies, or ride the "scary" rides at the amusement park, or for that matter, go to fireworks shows. Real life gave me enough horror and terror and far more dramatic fireworks to last me the rest of what's left of my life.

As for the thread question? Grits, real ones, not instant crap. Yep, grits - shrimp and grits, cheesy grits, salt and pepper grits, salt and butter grits; there's so many ways to eat them, any decent person with a good soul, will be able eat and like at least one version. If you won't even try them, or after trying the real thing (not the instant ones, those don't count - they're not real grits) say you hate grits, then that tells me a lot about your soul.

And, for the record, fatback comes in a close second, although it's not a deal breaker.
I tried grits once... salt & butter... just a few months ago. I was not impressed. Reminded me of bland cream of wheat.

Now, should I ever show up on your doorstep, I'll let you make some good grits for me and I'll try them again. ;)

I like feeding animal meat to other animals. Just have to make sure they don't get the bones, because those are hard to digest.

I do that. We feed Teddy, our shepherd mix, rotisserie chicken from Sam's Club. He gets the meat. The raccoon family who lives under our deck gets the skin and gristle. The animals deep in the woods get the carcasses. Two today since we shopped. I don't pick the bones clean, by any means. Everybody's gotta make a living... ;)

Pina Coladas
Getting caught in the rain
Making love at midnight in the dunes of the cape...

I tried grits once... salt & butter... just a few months ago. I was not impressed. Reminded me of bland cream of wheat.

Now, should I ever show up on your doorstep, I'll let you make some good grits for me and I'll try them again. ;)

Sounds good to me.

Back
Top Bottom