• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If you dig up a bomb in your garden, what should you do?

Dittohead not!

master political analyst
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Why, wash it in the sink, of course.
If you find a bomb in your garden you should probably not take it inside and wash it in your sink like a woman from Norfolk did.
Carole Longhorn, 66, from Melton Constable, decided to take the live unexploded bomb into her house to the shock of her husband Clive.

:doh

Another one for the Darwin List, lol!

well, obviously, it was dirty. what was she supposed to do?

when i find unexploded ordnance from WWII in my garden, i usually tap on it with a hammer first to make sure it's not too corroded to wash. that's where she went wrong, IMO.

Dig it up, set it in a field, invite a few friends, shoot it with a 30-06 and have a hell of a time.

Now to me, what she did might be understandable. It was the husband who knew what it was and put a plastic thingy over it for safety part of the story that I find amusing.

Why not wash it? I'm guessing that a decades-old bomb that didn't go off in all that time, including the time it took for the woman to dig it up...probably isn't going to go off in the sink.

Why not wash it? I'm guessing that a decades-old bomb that didn't go off in all that time, including the time it took for the woman to dig it up...probably isn't going to go off in the sink.

That's a really stupid guess.

If you're right, you have a clean bomb.
If you're wrong, you no longer have a house.
but, then, you no longer need one.

Back
Top Bottom