• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If you could reverse a Presidential election

If you could reverse a Presidential election.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ronpaulvoter

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
If you could reverse any presidential election in America's history--between the two major party candidates, which one would you choose?

Where's Clinton?

If you could reverse any presidential election in America's history--between the two major party candidates, which one would you choose?

Nixon/Kennedy 1960.

As I think about it, even if I could, I do not think I would. I would worry that I would make us less than we are. We are a pretty ****ing awesome country despite what some naysayers want you to think(usually they are talking about how terrible we are, so we will support the easy fix they are pushing), and we are that ****ing awesome because of all that has come before.

I'd reverse two: 1980 and 2000 not so much because I wanted a Democrat in the White House, but rather because I firmly believe wrong-doing was involved in both elections and, as a result, the electorate was robbed.

As I think about it, even if I could, I do not think I would. I would worry that I would make us less than we are. We are a pretty ****ing awesome country despite what some naysayers want you to think(usually they are talking about how terrible we are, so we will support the easy fix they are pushing), and we are that ****ing awesome because of all that has come before.

:applaud :applaud

G.W. Bush. 2000

Of course it's impossible to predict what would have happened instead but no Iraq war and the consequences thereafter sounds rather appealing to me. Not to mention the whole popular vote thing.

2012 for obvious reasons.

G.W. Bush. 2000

Of course it's impossible to predict what would have happened instead but no Iraq war and the consequences thereafter sounds rather appealing to me. Not to mention the whole popular vote thing.

Messing around with history can be dangerous but IF I was going to reverse one, it would probably be the election of 2000. I'm not a huge fan of Al Gore and I am ashamed to admit I actually voted for George Bush in that election. But if I gave the election to Al Gore I would be honoring the will of the People and I honestly don't believe Al Gore would have led us down the disastrous path our country has been on since 9-11. I could be wrong about that, but I'll never know.

I wouldn't want to change the past - who knows what horrors might result with a change of players, particularly during times of war and other difficulties. I would however, if it was possible, reverse this current election cycle and find a way to eliminate both Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton from the equation. In a country the size and greatness of America, surely there are other more capable and more acceptable choices for the highest office in your land.

1960. If Nixon had won over Kennedy we'd have never committed troops to Vietnam. Nixon was Ike's VP and a Quaker. He'd have scuttled that war. AND, he was no fan of the Military Industrial Complex back then either. The Southern Strategy would have never been concocted.

Back
Top Bottom