• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

If you Could go Back in Time???

Kali

Stigmatized! End R Word!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
If you could go back in time would you save Jesus Christ from getting crucified? Why or why not? If yes, then how would this effect the spread of Christanity throughout Europe?

Also, would you assassinate Adolf Hitler and stop the Nazi regime in Germany? Why or why not? If yes, then how would this effect the World War II era?

Last edited:
No on both counts. Time is...a complex thing. I dont have any way of knowing that doing something that may seem like a good idea at the time may trigger something even worse.

No, I would not save Jesus from being crucified because it was his choice, and without it sin could not be atoned for. We would all be doomed to hell. If anything I would prevent the Church from becoming a theocracy in Europe and a tainted form of Christianity that did not follow the teachings of Christ.

And yes, I would assassinate hitler if I had the opportunity too.

And yes, I would assassinate hitler if I had the opportunity too.

what if someone rose to power from the nazi party and didn't commit strategical mistakes hitler made and actually won the war?

assassinating hitler doesn't necessarily mean less casualties or no war. it might have led to worst scenarios.

If you could go back in time would you save Jesus Christ from getting crucified? Why or why not? If yes, then how would this effect the spread of Christanity throughout Europe?

Also, would you assassinate Adolf Hitler and stop the Nazi regime in Germany? Why or why not? If yes, then how would this effect the World War II era?

I would have gone to talk with hitler and try to change his mind when he was young. then someone should have done the same with stalin, or we would still have a problem!

what if someone rose to power from the nazi party and didn't commit strategical mistakes hitler made and actually won the war?

assassinating hitler doesn't necessarily mean less casualties or no war. it might have led to worst scenarios.

This is also true. I guess I would take whatever action within my power that would save the most innocent lives possible.

No, but I would've talked him into nailing Mary Magdeline.

I don't think killing Hitler would've stopped anything. He was a product of the times, not the other way around.

^ i agree, killing Hitler wouldn't necessary stop WW2 from happening. WW2 was really a product of social problems in Germany stemming from the Treaty of Versailles, bad management and tremendous debt; Hitler was merely the figurehead of the movement (with a crazy side). Someone else would have likely taken his place, maybe not with his charisma but similar ideals and policies.

Also, there were people behind the scenes pushing WW2 forward (well, conspiracy theories at least, some involve Bush's grandfather) ... if that is true then Hitler was absolutely not instrumental in WW2 happening since these groups wanted it to go down anyway.

What would our Planet be like now had someone stopped Jesus from getting crucified?

For me, time is an obstacle to be transcended, not traveled. If you transcend the illusion of time, everything happens simultaneously.

Who knows if the world would actually be a better place with Hitler gone? Imagine if the the next world war had been delayed a few decades, and nuclear weapons had been invented in the interim? I rather think the world has turned out okay, and even with the hideous loss of life it was worth the cost.

Do you all think Christanity would even exsist today had someone stepped in and saved Jesus Christ from getting crucified? I mean would that not kinda ruin the whole concept?

What would our Planet be like now had someone stopped Jesus from getting crucified?

I believe He would've been sacrificed at another time or another way because that was the plan.

If I could turn back time, if I could find a way, I'd take back those words that hurt you and you'd stay...

If I could turn back time, if I could find a way, I'd take back those words that hurt you and you'd stay...

Could you try to be serious?

It would be hard to go back and save Jesus, considering it probably never happened. As for Hitler... I would go a step further, and go back to post-WWI, burn the proposed Treaty of Versailles, and maybe help them come up with a better plan. Other than that, the 1930's are the last place I'd want to travel to, and ancient Jerusalem? No thanks!

It could be somewhat amusing to go back to a slightly more primitive time, use our 2010 technology to position myself as God, and then live luxuriously for the rest of my days.

Yea, why would someone think it's appropriate to make jokes in a thread about traveling back in time to stab Hitler?

edit:

TimeTravelHitler.jpg

Last edited:
I think, if one went back very far in time, one would have to pretend to be a feeble-minded deaf-mute, at least for a little while, until one got a feeling for how to act and talk.
Otherwise, one might risk making some petty faux pas that would result in one being lynched or burned at the stake.

I think, if one went back very far in time, one would have to pretend to be a feeble-minded deaf-mute, at least for a little while, until one got a feeling for how to act and talk.
Otherwise, one might risk making some petty faux pas that would result in one being lynched or burned at the stake.
Which is actually pretty likely. Depending how far you went back, even just the fact that you were clean with all your teeth would be a giveaway

It would probably be more efficient to assassinate some of hitler's better minions and let the incompetent ones live.

It would probably be more efficient to assassinate some of hitler's better minions and let the incompetent ones live.

That's a good idea, if Shlieffen, Moltke, Rommel and Goebbels were all killed, the war'd probably have been a lot shorter.

Which is actually pretty likely. Depending how far you went back, even just the fact that you were clean with all your teeth would be a giveaway

Tattoos would be another.

You want me to be serious about using time travel to stop Christ from being crucified and using time travel to kill Hitler?

Seriously?

And you report me for getting offtopic in threads.

Back
Top Bottom