• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If YOU choose COVID 19 Please Do Not Share This With Anyone Without Their Approval No Matter What

Razoo

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
This household and all of our children and their families believe in PREVENTION no matter what. WE eat healthy and nurture our immune systems. WE stay home a lot. Next we ingest as much hope as is humanly possible.

WE also wear masks.

The choices as we see it: wear masks OR be taken down by COVID 19. But if you choose COVID 19 please do not share YOUR COVID 19 with anyone else without their approval. Dying may not be as much fun as some politicians portray such.

The GOP is once again demonstrating stupidity and more negligence. Through GOP negligence COVID 19 is everywhere ( Not New Zealand). No one knows when or if COVID 19 will retreat significantly as conservatives refuse to wear masks. As if they are immune to COVID 19 = their brains are rotting quickly.

When did COVID 19 actually penetrate USA borders? I say the USA has been led astray thus some conservative politicians need to be prosecuted damn right.

How Masks Help
Masks Are the Key to Stopping the Rise

COVID-19 can be transmitted via respiratory droplets, which may become airborne when an infected person coughs, sneezes or even breathes within a few feet of someone else. The virus can also settle onto surfaces, where it may survive long enough for other people to pick it up and transfer to vulnerable areas like the nose, mouth and the outer surface of the eyes (conjunctiva). So masks, by slowing the rate of droplets leaving the mouth and nose, can help reduce the viral load in the air and therefore reduce the number of virus particles on surfaces, but only if everyone does their part.

Choosing the Right Mask

The materials a mask is made from and the tightness of the fit on the face are both important factors; getting either wrong will significantly reduce the mask’s effectiveness. The most current research suggests a combination of fabrics. The best seems to be making the mask from one layer of cotton along with two layers of polyester/spandex chiffon as the different types of layers are more effective than using one single fabric.

This is because different types of fabrics work in different ways to block virus particles: Cotton creates a physical barrier, while chiffon creates an electrostatic barrier. The combination of both offers a better chance of trapping more particles and therefore protecting everyone around us.

Funny that being able to actually breathe isn’t something to consider when choosing the right mask and mask materials. :lol:

Funny that being able to actually breathe isn’t something to consider when choosing the right mask and mask materials. :lol:

There isn't a protective mask in entire world that would prevent a person from being able to breathe, so that's bull****. Unless some dumbass republicans make them out of plastic garbage bags, then there may be a problem.

There isn't a protective mask in entire world that would prevent a person from being able to breathe, so that's bull****. Unless some dumbass republicans make them out of plastic garbage bags, then there may be a problem.

there may be a lack of awareness with that statement ... breathing and breathing sufficiently can be considerably different.. many things might enter into that evaluation.

there may be a lack of awareness with that statement ... breathing and breathing sufficiently can be considerably different.. many things might enter into that evaluation.

I'm a nurse and in addition to being a medical professional for more than 40 years, I've managed a national home oxygen company. If anyone knows about masks, type of masks, which masks are for what, and how they work ---it's me. Do yourself a favor and back out of this argument, you're talking to someone who knows more about masks than you ever will.

This household and all of our children and their families believe in PREVENTION no matter what. WE eat healthy and nurture our immune systems. WE stay home a lot. Next we ingest as much hope as is humanly possible.

WE also wear masks.

The choices as we see it: wear masks OR be taken down by COVID 19. But if you choose COVID 19 please do not share YOUR COVID 19 with anyone else without their approval. Dying may not be as much fun as some politicians portray such.

The GOP is once again demonstrating stupidity and more negligence. Through GOP negligence COVID 19 is everywhere ( Not New Zealand). No one knows when or if COVID 19 will retreat significantly as conservatives refuse to wear masks. As if they are immune to COVID 19 = their brains are rotting quickly.

When did COVID 19 actually penetrate USA borders? I say the USA has been led astray thus some conservative politicians need to be prosecuted damn right.

How Masks Help

COVID-19 can be transmitted via respiratory droplets, which may become airborne when an infected person coughs, sneezes or even breathes within a few feet of someone else. The virus can also settle onto surfaces, where it may survive long enough for other people to pick it up and transfer to vulnerable areas like the nose, mouth and the outer surface of the eyes (conjunctiva). So masks, by slowing the rate of droplets leaving the mouth and nose, can help reduce the viral load in the air and therefore reduce the number of virus particles on surfaces, but only if everyone does their part.

Choosing the Right Mask

The materials a mask is made from and the tightness of the fit on the face are both important factors; getting either wrong will significantly reduce the mask’s effectiveness. The most current research suggests a combination of fabrics. The best seems to be making the mask from one layer of cotton along with two layers of polyester/spandex chiffon as the different types of layers are more effective than using one single fabric.

This is because different types of fabrics work in different ways to block virus particles: Cotton creates a physical barrier, while chiffon creates an electrostatic barrier. The combination of both offers a better chance of trapping more particles and therefore protecting everyone around us.

According to the Trump death cult you are wasting you time. Every man, woman and child will be infected with the virus eventually so we might as well get it over with now. That is there belief and they are sticking to it. They expect millions to die and are fine with it.

You sure bout that ?

Hans-Rudolph-1.jpg

180,000+ dead Americans from the "china virus" is fun stuff for republicans.

Hardy har har, right. ;)

WE also wear masks.

How Masks Help

Choosing the Right Mask

Ummmmmmmmmmmm, the dramatic upsurge in new cases is fueled by lower age groups, you know the young liberals who have to go to bars, have to go to the beaches, have to go to parties, and have to go to protests. Take your anger out on them.

Ummmmmmmmmmmm, the dramatic upsurge in new cases is fueled by lower age groups, you know the young liberals who have to go to bars, have to go to the beaches, have to go to parties, and have to go to protests. Take your anger out on them.

Are 'Bikers For Trump' young liberals? That whole statement fails.

Its obvious to the most casual observer that PPE doesn't work. That's why all of the health care workers are now dead or dying. I don't know why they bother wearing that useless crap.

What kind of comment is that? If it were true, your and my hospital would be closed. Sure some have died. When you're in a Covid environment 12 or more hours a day, the risks are 1000 fold.

I invite you into a Covid ward at a hospital in Florida. Be sure to get up and close with Covid patients. And you're not allowed any PPE.

ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL that is needed for someone to comply, is to have a covering, so if they sneeze, it is stopped. That means it neednt have a seal, for those only trying not to kill. Now if you frequent infected areas, then you go upscale on the mask. Bunch of snowflakes. Worse than little girls.

I'm a nurse and in addition to being a medical professional for more than 40 years, I've managed a national home oxygen company. If anyone knows about masks, type of masks, which masks are for what, and how they work ---it's me. Do yourself a favor and back out of this argument, you're talking to someone who knows more about masks than you ever will.

Don't set yourself up for a fall.... you don't have any idea who you're addressing. Your statement exemplifies your lack of awareness..
this thread isn't about your suspect expertise delivering oxy tanks.
It's about masks.

What kind of comment is that? If it were true, your and my hospital would be closed. Sure some have died. When you're in a Covid environment 12 or more hours a day, the risks are 1000 fold.

I invite you into a Covid ward at a hospital in Florida. Be sure to get up and close with Covid patients. And you're not allowed any PPE.

Do you not have a sarcasm meter? FFS, I have family who are nurses in Georgia. count to ten before you post.

Don't set yourself up for a fall.... you don't have any idea who you're addressing. Your statement exemplifies your lack of awareness..
this thread isn't about your suspect expertise delivering oxy tanks.
It's about masks.

Yes, I do know who I'm addressing and it's you that are speaking out of your butt when it comes to masks.

Your side is unique in their ability to make a totally non-partisan virus and blame Democrats for it. That has to be some sort of record for idiocy. But it is coming from Trump so.....

If your repository system is so poor that masks inhibit it, you are better off away from a virus that can affect your lungs.

ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL that is needed for someone to comply, is to have a covering, so if they sneeze, it is stopped. That means it neednt have a seal, for those only trying not to kill. Now if you frequent infected areas, then you go upscale on the mask. Bunch of snowflakes. Worse than little girls.

Easy to agree with that.

Yes, I do know who I'm addressing and it's you that are speaking out of your butt when it comes to masks.

What ever consoles you is fine...
but you're Wrong...

WE also wear masks.

The choices as we see it: wear masks OR be taken down by COVID 19. But if you choose COVID 19 please do not share YOUR COVID 19 with anyone else without their approval.
If I "choose COVID", can I get back to having a life?

Out of curiosity: once the COVID threat has passed and we're left with only the "usual" illnesses (e.g. colds, influenza, etc.) circulating, are you going to continue with public masking?

Back
Top Bottom