• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If You Can Grocery Shop in Person, You Can Vote in Person

Experts now say the health risk of casting an in-person ballot is relatively low. Will Democrats tell their voters that?

original.jpg

My polling place is a short walk away from where I live and that is what I intend to do on November 3rd. Take that walk and then vote in person.

I did so for the primary, and was totally satisfied with the coronavirus precautions in place. Dems need to realize that voting in person is safe, quick, and you know your vote will be counted.

Democrats encourage everyone to vote by mail. I highly encourage Democrats to listen to Democrats.

Ever get the sense the Constitution-knowers haven’t even read it? Like all the dudes that left “Infinite Jest” out on their coffee tables but never cracked it.
Fox & Limbaugh are terrible resources for a civic lessons ...

it has been months...

what do you need? 4 years to learn how to open mail?

Condescension aside, it would take more than "months" for roughly 3200 counties to educate over 250 million potential voters, as well as the governance to minimize/mitigate more failure points and increased risk of voting fraud.

Condescension aside, it would take more than "months" for roughly 3200 counties to educate over 250 million potential voters, as well as the governance to minimize/mitigate more failure points and increased risk of voting fraud.

Zero risk of increase in voter fraud that extends past “negligible.” Zero.

100% increase in probability that TRump experiences a humiliating once-in-a-generation defeat tho.

Zero risk of increase in voter fraud that extends past “negligible.” Zero.

100% increase in probability that TRump experiences a humiliating once-in-a-generation defeat tho.

Voter fraud is part of the equation .. it's the sum of the whole where the problem lies: specifically, educating voters on how to vote differently. In California alone, 100K ballots were uncounted because voters missed the mark (e.g. signature didn't match, missed deadlines, missing signature, etc.). In California, thats 1.2% of the electorate and 1.2% in other states could be significant.

Voter fraud is part of the equation .. it's the sum of the whole where the problem lies: specifically, educating voters on how to vote differently. In California alone, 100K ballots were uncounted because voters missed the mark (e.g. signature didn't match, missed deadlines, missing signature, etc.). In California, that 1.2% of the voting population and 1.2% in several states could be a game changer.

Then we should redouble our efforts to ensure that states have all the necessary resources to allow Americans to safely vote. We should also be educating the public to expect that due to these circumstances, it will take longer to count the votes and that’s normal and part of the process.

Voting should be easy. Simply making it accessible to citizens would probably be much less expensive than hiring a personal driver for each of us, but it’s an election year so I’m open to being swayed.

A driver will be at your door an hour before deadline. Be ready. If he’s late, wait. He’ll be there, I promise.

Experts now say the health risk of casting an in-person ballot is relatively low. Will Democrats tell their voters that?

original.jpg

My polling place is a short walk away from where I live and that is what I intend to do on November 3rd. Take that walk and then vote in person.

I did so for the primary, and was totally satisfied with the coronavirus precautions in place. Dems need to realize that voting in person is safe, quick, and you know your vote will be counted.
With respect to Dr. Emanuel, I’ll cast my vote in the manner I choose. Neither he, nor you, has any right to suggest how I exercise my Constitutional right.

I have voted in person this year and felt very safe doing that. The voting booths were well spaced, there were social distancing markers on the floor, the
election workers had plastic between them and the voters. There was also several hand cleaning stations near the entrance and exit.

I think this is something that both sides can agree with! Get out and vote in person!! It's safe and a important duty for all citizens who are registered to vote!
Why do you feel it appropriate to tell others how they should vote?

It seems logical that all young people should vote in person, assuming there's space for reasonable social distancing. We know that the virus isn't as contagious as we were initially concerned about. As long as you're distanced and wearing a mask, healthy and young, I think you should vote in person.

If Democrats take over in November, we can talk about things like automatic registration and universal mail-in ballots then.
Why does it “seem logical that all young people should vote in person“?

With respect to Dr. Emanuel, I’ll cast my vote in the manner I choose. Neither he, nor you, has any right to suggest how I exercise my Constitutional right.

I personally don't give a rat's ass how you vote, but vote.

That said, people should not be afraid to vote in person if their polling place has adopted the proper guidelines, and if they are not "at risk" individuals due to medical conditions.

I personally don't give a rat's ass how you vote, but vote.

That said, people should not be afraid to vote in person if their polling place has adopted the proper guidelines, and if they are not "at risk" individuals due to medical conditions.
You’re the one who started a thread specifically to encourage people to vote in person, so clearly you do have a preference.

Why you have a preference is beyond me.

The fraud is Trump kool-aid.

But all he talked about it will make his devotees commit fraud, that was the intent. You do get this don't you?

The fraud is Trump kool-aid.

But all he talked about it will make his devotees commit fraud, that was the intent. You do get this don't you?

Voter fraud is a sliver of the problem .. voter education is the largest part of the pie. Do you agree or disagree that 250 million potential voters can be thoroughly educated on a different way to vote in 2 months? 6 months? 8 months? Longer?

Voter fraud is a sliver of the problem .. voter education is the largest part of the pie. Do you agree or disagree that 250 million potential voters can be thoroughly educated on a different way to vote in 2 months? 6 months? 8 months? Longer?

Most people are going to vote in person so just calm down.

People have been voting by mail for years, it require no mass education on 250 million. And where do you come up with 250 million? Only about 150 million voted in 16, the most ever.

The problem with mail in voting is TRump, nothing else.

Most people are going to vote in person so just calm down.

People have been voting by mail for years, it require no mass education on 250 million. And where do you come up with 250 million? Only about 150 million voted in 16, the most ever.

The problem with mail in voting is TRump, nothing else.

138 million of the electorate voted in 2016, representing roughly 58% of eligible voters: Roughly 237 million. Absentee voting has been used for years, and usually requires the voter to request an absentee ballot and/or justification. To your point, if a majority of voters will continue to vote in person, what's the rush to push through a process with unrealistic expectations? We'll just have to agree to disagree it's about Trump, as the education aspect will result in failure, just like we've seen in California and New York.

138 million of the electorate voted in 2016, representing roughly 58% of eligible voters: Roughly 237 million. Absentee voting has been used for years, and usually requires the voter to request an absentee ballot and/or justification. To your point, if a majority of voters will continue to vote in person, what's the rush to push through a process with unrealistic expectations? We'll just have to agree to disagree it's about Trump, as the education aspect will result in failure, just like we've seen in California and New York.

There’s an infectious pandemic. That’s a very good reason to ensure Americans can exercise their voting franchise. Fed should be doing everything possible to make sure that’s safe and secure, and should be informing the public what that looks like in terms of counting the vote.

Trump admin is doing the opposite of all that. To the point that it’s making this bizarre demand that all votes must be counted on election night.

There is no concern over anything here but Trump’s impending loss.

I am going to vote by mail like I have done for the last eight years I have been in the state I reside in. Sorry Cons. You don't have the right to tell me how to vote.

Nothing is being rushed or pushed through

my God, what is wrong with you?

You insist a problem exists that doesn't

Nothing is being rushed or pushed through

my God, what is wrong with you?

You insist a problem exists that doesn't

Pelosi says Democrats will push for vote by mail in next coronavirus relief package

WASHINGTON — House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., said Monday that Democrats will push for a vote-by-mail provision in Congress' next coronavirus relief package.

In an interview on MSNBC’s LIVE with Stephanie Ruhle, Pelosi said that it's important to protect the “life of our democracy” as the coronavirus crisis continues.

Speaker Pelosi vows to virus-proof November election with vote-by-mail provisions
APRIL 27, 202000:33
“In this next bill, we will be supporting vote by mail in a very important way -- we think it’s a health issue at this point,” Pelosi said.

Democrats have been for weeks pushing mail-in voting before May and June primary contests— over a dozen of which have been postponed or canceled because of the coronavirus— and as they look ahead to the November election.

Democrats have been pushing for months ...

Back
Top Bottom