• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If you are religious, answer this question, "does God make mistakes"?

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
The reason I ask is I so often hear religious people talk about gay people and transgenders in awful terms, and yet most experts say that those people were born that way. So if that is the way they were born, then that is the way God made them and if you are thus saying that God made mistakes. So do you think that God makes mistakes, especially when it comes to gay and transgender people?

Only if you presuppose that the state of the world and the people in it aren't exactly how God intends it to be.

You would first have to answer the question, why it is, that God decided to create at all... and that is a question that is unanswerable.

The reason I ask is I so often hear religious people talk about gay people and transgenders in awful terms, and yet most experts say that those people were born that way. So if that is the way they were born, then that is the way God made them and if you are thus saying that God made mistakes. So do you think that God makes mistakes, especially when it comes to gay and transgender people?
Yes, God makes mistakes, He made a mistake when He gave His undivided attention to Lucifer, but fortunately they weren't on their Thrones.

He wanted to know what it was like to always have to be unto Himself and do everything His way.

That's when the material world was born.

Name one who is not born with flaws...you can't because there are none...God doesn't make mistakes, people do...

The question is, if God made a mistake on purpose, would it be a mistake?

Yes, God makes mistakes, He made a mistake when He gave His undivided attention to Lucifer, but fortunately they weren't on their Thrones.

He wanted to know what it was like to always have to be unto Himself and do everything His way.

That's when the material world was born.
Religious speak like this is literally unintelligible to me. This sounds like some cryptic text in a fantasy book. I genuinely have no idea what this means.

NO.

The human capability to understand God's plan is limited.
Which makes 'God' rather pointless to talk about.

Something that cannot be understood by the human mind cannot be described by the human mind. One of the many paradoxes associated with belief in the supernatural. what happens when the irresistible force contacts the immovable object?

I think it's more that:
As God Creating the universe as he did, (Biology, Chemistry, Genetic, Physics, the natural world/order).
The results that have to be possible (to make existance reailzable) are as they are!
A 4 leaf Clover is very rear because it is a mutation of the Clover. If you're a Purist, that's a bad thing, if you're Irish it's good luck!...

NO.

The human capability to understand God's plan is limited.
The issue may better fit on the Beliefs and skepticism board. But if not, I'll offer that this response is a ridiculous cop out offered perpetually by the faithful. Just a slight variation on the "god works in mysterious ways" BS.

Religious speak like this is literally unintelligible to me. This sounds like some cryptic text in a fantasy book. I genuinely have no idea what this means.
Well, you have to believe in God, to believe He makes mistakes.

Sometimes a mistake opens up new moves.
Kinda the opposite. The 'mistake' of a curved spine cancels moves, especially as it ages...and aches. The damn gall bladder He gave me didn't quite last 60 years (where's the warranty?) and the only thing that opened up was me.

I dunno. Having to kill your entire creation by drowning them is a pretty sure sign this god makes lots of mistakes. There have to be better gods out there.

Plus all the copouts that have for when things go wrong.......

Really ... how do you know this?
Well, considering humans haven’t completely figured out human body and minds yet…seems more than reasonable to say we don’t know everything, now doesn’t it?

Dear God, hope you get the letter and
I pray you can make it better down here
I don't mean a big reduction in the price of beer
But all the people that you made in your image
See them starving on their feet
Cause they don't get enough to eat from God
I can't believe in you
Dear God, sorry to disturb you but
I feel that I should be heard loud and clear
We all need a big reduction in amount of tears
And all the people that you made in your image
See them fighting in the street
Cause they can't make opinions meet about God
They can't believe in you
Did you make disease and the diamond blue?
Did you make mankind after we made you?
And the devil too!
Dear God, don't know if you noticed but
Your name is on a lot of quotes in this book
And us crazy humans wrote it, you should take a look
And all the people that you made in your image
Still believing that junk is true
Well I know it ain't, so do you
Dear God
I can't believe in...
I don't believe in...
I won't believe in heaven and hell
No saints, no sinners, no devil as well
The pearly gates, no thorny crown
You're always letting us humans down
The wars you bring, the babes you drown
Those lost at sea and never found
And it's the same the whole world round
The hurt I see helps to compound
The Father, Son, and holy ghost
Is just somebody's unholy hoax
And if you're up there you'll perceive
That my heart's here upon my sleeve
If there's one thing I don't believe in
It's you
Dear God

How is it not obvious? What it means is: I am he as you are he as you are me
And we are all together

The same argument holds for anything.

Like: God allows people to stub their toe on the couch, therefore God is evil or imperfect.

My answer is I don't know why. But it is God's will that it be so.

Why are there painful diseases? Why evil people who rape and Murder?

I don't know.

You would first have to answer the question, why it is, that God decided to create at all... and that is a question that is unanswerable.
And who or what decided to make God? And why?

Back
Top Bottom