• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If you are religious, answer this question, "does God make mistakes"?

Kinda the opposite. The 'mistake' of a curved spine cancels moves, especially as it ages...and aches. The damn gall bladder He gave me didn't quite last 60 years (where's the warranty?) and the only thing that opened up was me.

I dunno. Having to kill your entire creation by drowning them is a pretty sure sign this god makes lots of mistakes. There have to be better gods out there.
God being unto Lucifer was a mistake, but by it we have free will, and everything we so desire in the material world.

In fact, we like it here better and don't want to go back.

So God was merciful and provided a place we would like better, and that we could carry on forever in, if we survived, and Satan was a wise servant to produce such a world.

This is why the Bible calls Satan the God of this world.

God being unto Lucifer was a mistake, but by it we have free will, and everything we so desire in the material world.
The human spine is either a mistake or evidence of common descent. An omnipotent god wouldn't create a biped with a spine suited for quadrupeds.
Free will involves intellect. Free will is the antithesis of belief without evidence. An omnipotent god who created me in his image would expect me to be an atheist. God wouldn't fall for Bible nonsense, and neither do I.
In fact, we like it here better and don't want to go back.

So God was merciful and provided a place we would like better, and that we could carry on forever in, if we survived, and Satan was a wise servant to produce such a world.

This is why the Bible calls Satan the God of this world.
Ok.

And who or what decided to make God? And why?
I’m sure you already know what my answer will be, but no matter what your philosophy, eventually, you will have to deal with a causeless event.

In that respect, you and I are not so different...

The reason I ask is I so often hear religious people talk about gay people and transgenders in awful terms, and yet most experts say that those people were born that way. So if that is the way they were born, then that is the way God made them and if you are thus saying that God made mistakes. So do you think that God makes mistakes, especially when it comes to gay and transgender people?
there are also people who believe they were born to be amputees.
and many "experts" agree .
you are hanging around the wrong religious people by the way.

Back
Top Bottom