• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If you are a rich person...

Frank Apisa

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
...and you have not mastered the art of avoiding taxes sufficiently to be paying significantly less (percentage wise) in taxes than the poorer people who clean your home, tend your lawn and mind your kids...

...stop kidding yourself.

You are not one of the rich people.

**** like this is why I know so much about bourbon.

...and you have not mastered the art of avoiding taxes sufficiently to be paying significantly less (percentage wise) in taxes than the poorer people who clean your home, tend your lawn and mind your kids...

:lamo

Me too. Just came up while I was going over a discussion I'd had a few days ago.

Thems thats got...are keepin'.

Leona Helmsley told us the truth.

you are also not one of the smart/crafty people

Me too. Just came up while I was going over a discussion I'd had a few days ago.

Thems thats got...are keepin'.

Leona Helmsley told us the truth.
My wife's clients are often trust recipients - they are pretty damn bulletproof as far as suffering from lawsuits or even divorce, too.

Most of the richest americans pay well beyond what the poorest americans do, infact many close to the marginal rate itself. There are extremely few now who pay little taxes, but those rates also depend on their income. For example during a recession someone can report a bunch of losses on their investments and ride the amt, while during a better economy, many of those rich would rather just pay the money, than play the hokey pokey with the irs.

Somehow I doubt the amt is lower than what lower class americans pay, since the amt % rate is close to 30%

Back
Top Bottom