• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If You’re Not Upset About This Michelle Obama Cartoon, You’re Part Of The Problem

I am not upset about it, but it is pretty low class. It is just Garrison being a douche. Time to shrug and move on.

Only a racist would deny the racist subtext to the cartoon.

That being said, I'm not sure whether this is grounds for freaking out in a country as racist as the U.S.

I think the cartoon is pretty funny. Leftists always get their panties in a bunch when the humor is directed at them. Poor sports I think.

I wonder if this Garrison fella knows that Mrs Trump shows few signs of wanting to be First Lady.....that she already has everything money can buy and most of the rest she has never been interested in. Also, Mrs. Obama sometimes looks better.

That being said, I'm not sure whether this is grounds for freaking out in a country as racist as the U.S.

It is not obvious that race has ANYTHING to do with this cartoon.

Anybody seeing racism in that cartoon is a moron, and anybody seeing something wrong with the cartoon is part of the real problem.

I am not upset about it, but it is pretty low class. It is just Garrison being a douche. Time to shrug and move on.

Agreed, and we have a tendency to make a mess of this the further we go.

How silly, offensive, and obscene do "we" think it is when Muslims riot/kill over a cartoon depiction of Mohammed?

So, what's the question again?

It would be more acceptable to the left if it was Jackie Kennedy and the Camelot ideology. Just substitute a picture of Jackie for Melania and change the words to as it used to be and you won't have to be upset anymore.

Last edited:

What is racist about it????

Is Michelle a black woman? Check.

If anything it looks like he is saying that Michelle is all body builder looking, which isn't how I see her.

But I don't see what is racist about it.....

Republicans are sooooo pissed off they lost to that black guy in the WH twice, they still think he's running again. lol.

I mean seriously, what the hell does Michelle Obama have to do with the upcoming election between Trump and Clinton? It would have made more sense if he drew a cartoon comparing Bill with Melania. But of course many Republicans are obsessed with race, especially because that Black guy in the WH beat them, TWICE. lol

Republicans are sooooo pissed off they lost to that black guy in the WH twice, they still think he's running again. lol.

I mean seriously, what the hell does Michelle Obama have to do with the upcoming election between Trump and Clinton? It would have made more sense if he drew a cartoon comparing Bill with Melania. But of course many Republicans are obsessed with race, especially because that Black guy in the WH beat them, TWICE. lol

Its a cartoon... can you please explain why it HAS to have something to do with the upcoming election?

What is racist about it????

Is Michelle a black woman? Check.

If anything it looks like he is saying that Michelle is all body builder looking, which isn't how I see her.

But I don't see what is racist about it.....
No, not racist but it is suggesting she is a man. (see bulge)

It's a dumb cartoon, as Garrison's usually are. He is depicting Michelle Obama as a masculine muscular woman, and Melania Trump as being very womanly. How you see racism in there is beyond me.

Its a cartoon... can you please explain why it HAS to have something to do with the upcoming election?

The paranoid racists are everywhere. And their posts get dumber with each one.

This obviously has nothing to do with racism, and everything to do with promoting Trump's wife as a perfect first lady (something I happen to disagree with, but Garrison's entitled to his opinion). Using Trump's dopey "Make America Great Again" meme also makes his intent clear.

How you see racism in there is beyond me.

You don't see how there could be racial undertones there?

Think of all the First Ladies we've ever had. Only one is/was Black.

Is Michelle Obama truly a horrible First Lady? Has she actually done anything of substance that puts her in a league far below any other First Lady?

The cartoon is absolute nonsense and not worth being upset about, but surely you can see how there is a level of racism wrapped up in it.

"Make The First Lady Great Again" by simply removing the "ugly angry muscular manish-looking BLACK First Lady".

Which is truly silly because MO can't possibly be the First Lady ever again. She's out no matter who gets elected. (which of course I know you know)

Is Michelle Obama truly a horrible First Lady? Has she actually done anything of substance that puts her in a league far below any other First Lady?

The cartoon is absolute nonsense and not worth being upset about, but surely you can see how there is a level of racism wrapped up in it.

"Make The First Lady Great Again" by simply removing the "ugly angry muscular manish-looking BLACK First Lady".

Which is truly silly because MO can't possibly be the First Lady ever again. She's out no matter who gets elected. (which of course I know you know)

Still don't see racism.....

Is ANY criticism, even if its unfounded (like this one is) against a black person considered racist, just because the person is black?

PLATINUM VICTIM STATUS!!!!!

Race%2BCard%2BRacists%2BObama%2B3.png

Like Trump, Garrison is pandering to the lowest lowest common denominator in our society. And even the Republicans who say over and over that they will never support trump, they'll support him, and they agree with Trump, and the implication of cartoons like this, and they too will join the lowest denominator.

There's a bulge for God's sake. Gee, no implication there. :roll:

If he drew her to look like something racial, for instance, a monkey, then yes, I could see racial undertones. Drawing her to look like a man isn't racist, unless we're making the point that all men are black. He made her look black because, well, she is.

I don't dislike Michelle Obama. I've seldom if ever criticized her. Not sure why you're going there with me? Garrison is a moron, but that isn't exactly news.

This was upsetting to me

art.palin.gi.jpg

Overly emphasizing Mrs. Obama's muscular body and sometimes stern facial expression, comparing her to a more feminine looking plastic enhanced woman, may be in bad taste, but it does not upset me.

Not sure why you're going there with me? Garrison is a moron, but that isn't exactly news.

Just going there because I can't see how you can't see how there's some element of racism there. Subtle. She's not holding a piece of watermelon or fried chicken, but come on....look at that drawing.

It's got nothing to do with drawing Michelle as a black women. Obviously she's black. That's not the point.

It's all the other stuff in how she's drawn.

I don't think it racist perhaps a little sexist. Like because of how a woman like Michelle is built that can't be sexy while Melania is more perceived as sexy and that having a "more sexy" first lady would somehow make America great again. It's a low blow to appeal to shallow people who think looks make someone better, especially a "hot chick".

Like Trump, Garrison is pandering to the lowest lowest common denominator in our society. And even the Republicans who say over and over that they will never support trump, they'll support him, and they agree with Trump, and the implication of cartoons like this, and they too will join the lowest denominator.

There's a bulge for God's sake. Gee, no implication there. :roll:

What does a bulge depicting a possible penis have to do with racism??????

Back
Top Bottom