• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If Trump Wins, Does Hillary Get Indicted?

Moderate Right

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Just read a post where this question popped into my head.

I think it would be a horrendous precedent making us on par with Banana Republics where if you lost an election you risk being pursued by your competitor who now has all of the levers of power at his or her disposal. That shouldn't happen in America.

I think it would be a horrendous precedent making us on par with Banana Republics where if you lost an election you risk being pursued by your competitor who now has all of the levers of power at his or her disposal. That shouldn't happen in America.

I don't really disagree with that but let's look at it a little differently. If, for whatever reason, Hillary does not become the nominee and someone else goes on to lose to Trump, would it be OK to indict Hillary then?

I disagree completely. What shouldn't happen in America is that someone like Hillary can get away with intentionally deleting e-mails, lying to the FBI, mishandling classified information, stonewalling an investigation and then not even get indicted. I'm not even talking about conviction, I'm talking about indicted. Speaking of convictions though, people have been convicted for less. People have been convicted for accidentally doing some of the things Hillary has done on purpose.

Probably not. The idiot now occupying the oval office would probably give her an open pardon for all possible crimes related to the email scandal, just as President Ford did for Nixon regarding the Watergate scandal. Perhaps Trump could get her on crimes involving the Clinton Foundation as that would still be ongoing.

Why would he indict someone he invited to his wedding, praised the job she did and gave a $100,000 plus to her senate race and "charity" ?

It really doesn't matter, They are just 'puppets on a string". They will not calling the shots at all!

Hence, it doesn't matter who wins, they are all manipulated by the same hidden hand.

It really doesn't matter, They are just 'puppets on a string". They will not calling the shots at all!

Hence, it doesn't matter who wins, they are all manipulated by the same hidden hand.

I'm not sure I understand who you are saying is the hidden hand pulling the puppet strings. Are you referring to the one percent?

I'm not sure I understand who you are saying is the hidden hand pulling the puppet strings. Are you referring to the one percent?

Actually , it is even less then one percent.

puppets2.jpg

Would you care to tell us who that invisible hand is? The conspiracy theorists lost me when they predicted a Soviet America no later than 1989.

Would you care to tell us who that invisible hand is? The conspiracy theorists lost me when they predicted a Soviet America no later than 1989.

well, the UN troops are taking over america.

I disagree completely. What shouldn't happen in America is that someone like Hillary can get away with intentionally deleting e-mails, lying to the FBI, mishandling classified information, stonewalling an investigation and then not even get indicted. I'm not even talking about conviction, I'm talking about indicted. Speaking of convictions though, people have been convicted for less. People have been convicted for accidentally doing some of the things Hillary has done on purpose.

You see, not indicting Hillary would make us more of a banana republic than indicting her. It's not that she would have lost the election, it's that she should have been indicted to begin with regardless if she was running for POTUS in the first place, lest we forget all the instances of Hillary's lying and mishandling classified materials as detailed in Comey's statement to the press as well as his testament before congress.

Just that Hillary, and the rest of the political elites, believes her to be 'too big to jail'. This is what would make / makes the US a banana republic, when it is allowed and accepted that there is such a things as 'too big to jail'.

Last edited:

Lol !! What made us on par with a banana rebulic was Hillary not getting indicted in the first place.

That tarmac meeting between Bubba and AG Lynch shows the Democrats aren't even trying to hide the corruption

Thats also HUGE reflection on the average Democrat supporter. It shows a dangerous level of ignorance and compacency.

Probably not. The idiot now occupying the oval office would probably give her an open pardon for all possible crimes related to the email scandal, just as President Ford did for Nixon regarding the Watergate scandal. Perhaps Trump could get her on crimes involving the Clinton Foundation as that would still be ongoing.

Get a pardon at the beginning of / before Hillary's term in office? Last time there was a presidential pardon, Nixon resigned, and was then pardoned. I don't think it's likely that she'll be pardoned AND be in office.

Guys this was gonna be a serious thread don't feed the tinfoil puppy

I suppose Obama could do that. He may want to, because if she were prosecuted for her handling of emails--e.g. under section 793(f)--I suspect evidence would come to light that implicated him in it. It's just not credible that he did not both receive and respond to some of her emails that contained government information. I tend to think pardoning a person for any federal crime he might have committed, even though he had never been convicted or even charged, is an abuse of the pardon power. It allows a president to pardon even the most serious federal felonies without ever having the charges exposed to public scrutiny, so that the people could see just how bad the pardoned actions looked.

You see, not indicting Hillary would make us more of a banana republic than indicting her. It's not that she would have lost the election, it's that she should have been indicted to begin with regardless if she was running for POTUS in the first place, lest we forget all the instances of Hillary's lying and mishandling classified materials as detailed in Comey's statement to the press as well as his testament before congress.

Just that Hillary, and the rest of the political elites, believes her to be 'too big to jail'. This is what would make / makes the US a banana republic, when it is allowed and accepted that there is such a things as 'too big to jail'.
I suspect you didn't coin the term, but thanks for introducing it here! :cheers:

I suppose Obama could do that. He may want to, because if she were prosecuted for her handling of emails--e.g. under section 793(f)--I suspect evidence would come to light that implicated him in it. It's just not credible that he did not both receive and respond to some of her emails that contained government information. I tend to think pardoning a person for any federal crime he might have committed, even though he had never been convicted or even charged, is an abuse of the pardon power. It allows a president to pardon even the most serious federal felonies without ever having the charges exposed to public scrutiny, so that the people could see just how bad the pardoned actions looked.
Agreed!

I'm always blown away that can legally be done.

Back
Top Bottom