• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If Trump wins, can we talk succession?

Simpletruther

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
If Trump wins, can we talk secession?

I would love to see less power in federal government. And if trump wins, I think we could have s real conversation on this, because the left would then be on board more to limit the federal government power. We might even see more serious talk of states like Cali seceding . Wouldn’t that be great?

We need a constitutional convention to limit the federal government, and return more autonomy to the states.

Wel already had it, but the power hungry scotus “interpreted” away the plain meaning a long time ago with the “general welfare” canard.

Last edited:
I would love to see less power in federal government. And if trump wins, I think we could have s real conversation on this, because the left would then be on board more to limit the federal government power. We might even see more serious talk of states like Cali succeeding. Wouldn’t that be great?

Key word "Talk"(LOL)

I would love to see less power in federal government. And if trump wins, I think we could have s real conversation on this, because the left would then be on board more to limit the federal government power. We might even see more serious talk of states like Cali succeeding. Wouldn’t that be great?

We need a constitutional convention to limit the federal government, and return more autonomy to the states.

Are you talking about California becoming a state of royalty or wealth?

Are you talking about California becoming a state of royalty or wealth?

Become it’s own nation, it would be bigger than most nations in Europe by itself.

Wel already had it, but the power hungry scotus “interpreted” away the plain meaning a long time ago with the “general welfare” canard.

if Trump wins there will be an election in 2024 (hopefully). The election will determine his successor (hopefully).

if Trump wins there will be an election in 2024 (hopefully). The election will determine his successor (hopefully).

The thread is not about succession. It is about secession. Simpletruther is making Trump supporters look ... er ... like Trump supporters.

The thread is not about succession. It is about secession. Simpletruther is making Trump supporters look ... er ... like Trump supporters.

I can take a joke, I thought it was funny, but to take that as a political insult, as if your side never makes spelling errors is Ironically moronic.

Succession and secession are two very different words. I like seeing states succeed, but nit seeing them secede.

Given the monarchical ambitions of some on the right, I'd like to see a clarification.

I can take a joke, I thought it was funny, but to take that as a political insult, as if your side never makes spelling errors is Ironically moronic.

This is a little more than a spelling error. You made the same mistake several times using a word that means something completely different. I thought you were talking about becoming a sovereign nation, which sadly does sound like something Trump has talked about, even if in jest.

This is a little more than a spelling error. You made the same mistake several times using a word that means something completely different. I thought you were talking about becoming a sovereign nation, which sadly does sound like something Trump has talked about, even if in jest.

You don’t seem to comprehend what “selling error” means, which is, I would say a more concerning problem than a spelling error.

As far as the actual topic of your thread goes, I do not believe any states will secede. I do feel that, regardless of who is president in 2021, Congress and the President should find a way to work together and cooperate more. We need to stop all the partisan legislature blocking purely due to disliking the opposition or their views. I would like to see both sides work together more and find a middle ground. The animosity across parties needs to stop, especially in government bodies. I would also like to see federal legislature that lays the foundation for what people want, but have the specifics worked out via state legislature with people voting on key portions that effect change. That is really how our healthcare should have been structured with the Affordable Care Act.

Re: If Trump wins, can we talk secession?

I would love to see less power in federal government. And if trump wins, I think we could have s real conversation on this, because the left would then be on board more to limit the federal government power. We might even see more serious talk of states like Cali seceding . Wouldn’t that be great?

You can leave the USA anytime do not let the door hit you in the butt...........

If Cali secede, other states would follow. That would be the end of the USA. Putin would love that. Job well done trump, job well done

As far as the actual topic of your thread goes, I do not believe any states will secede. I do feel that, regardless of who is president in 2021, Congress and the President should find a way to work together and cooperate more. We need to stop all the partisan legislature blocking purely due to disliking the opposition or their views. I would like to see both sides work together more and find a middle ground. The animosity across parties needs to stop, especially in government bodies. I would also like to see federal legislature that lays the foundation for what people want, but have the specifics worked out via state legislature with people voting on key portions that effect change. That is really how our healthcare should have been structured with the Affordable Care Act.

Couldn’t disagree more. Gridlock is the only saving grace right now, helping slow the slow creep toward bigger and unsustainable central government. We have thousands of useless and unenforced laws on the books already. And redundant agencies all to make politicians look like they are solving problems.
Maybe the best example is homeland security. Bush stuffed billions of dollars up a hogs butt to look like he was “solving problems”.
Problems are shoveled better on the more local level, where they can better tailored.

What part of this that you didn't understand?

What part of that do you think matters?
It's pretty elementary. Raw numbers vs. per capita. Raw numbers don't mean diddly squat unless you want to pull the wool over someone's eyes, unless you want to scam someone.

If Cali secede, other states would follow. That would be the end of the USA. Putin would love that. Job well done trump, job well done

Maybe not, the country would be more unified without Cali.

Remove Cali and NY, and the rest of the country is somewhat similar to each other.

Back
Top Bottom