• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If Trump Was Still President, Ukraine Would Be So Screwed Right Now

j brown's body

"A Soros-backed animal"
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
"A month ago, Trump’s close friend and supporter Sean Hannity tried repeatedly to coax him to call Vladimir Putin a bad person or admit his slaughter of civilians was wrong. Trump kept refusing. …After Trump declined again and boasted of his closeness with Putin, Hannity tried suggesting Russia was an “enemy” Trump was strategically keeping close. …Last night, Hannity tried again. Referring back to their previous conversation, he asked Trump if Russia’s invasion was “evil.” Trump declined, instead ranting about the weakness of NATO: “I think in a hundred years, people are gonna look back and they’re going to say, ‘How did we stand back, and NATO stand back?’ — which, in many ways, I’ve called a paper tiger.” He did not concede Russia was morally wrong to invade.

Russia hawks within the Republican Party have tried to cast Trump as the true Russia hawk, and they have turned his obsessive attacks on NATO into evidence he was cleverly trying to strengthen the alliance all along by prodding fellow members to increase their defense spending. His rant last night ought to dispel that notion. NATO allies have increased their military spending in response to Russia’s invasion. But rather than acknowledge this success — the outcome he supposedly wants — Trump continued to bash them as worthless leeches.

…Trump’s priorities would be to ensure cheap gasoline and keep Ukrainian refugees out of the country.

Trump’s anger at the “deep state” was not mere paranoia. The bureaucracy often thwarted his goals — most notably around Ukraine, where his efforts to withhold military aid and extort Volodymyr Zelensky into smearing Joe Biden ultimately petered out. But a reelected, or reinstalled, President Trump would have a much freer hand. Had 44,000 votes in Georgia, Arizona, and Wisconsin swung the other way, Zelensky would probably at this moment be in exile, in a Russian prison, or dead."

Link

I suspect many Americans would find a dead Zelensky a small price to pay for a cheaper gas and a "resolution" to this issue. The issue being the complicated matter of saving liberal democracy, which is not so clear that they are for.

Are you kidding me? Shit, once they get a proper investigation into this you will see that Trump coordinated with Putin to take over Ukraine and make Biden look bad. In exchange he was going to get a hotel in Moscow. Fortunately, Biden the Strong stopped Putin in his tracks and has lead one of the most brilliant defenses of freedom the world has ever seen!!!

"A month ago, Trump’s close friend and supporter Sean Hannity tried repeatedly to coax him to call Vladimir Putin a bad person or admit his slaughter of civilians was wrong. Trump kept refusing. …After Trump declined again and boasted of his closeness with Putin, Hannity tried suggesting Russia was an “enemy” Trump was strategically keeping close. …Last night, Hannity tried again. Referring back to their previous conversation, he asked Trump if Russia’s invasion was “evil.” Trump declined, instead ranting about the weakness of NATO: “I think in a hundred years, people are gonna look back and they’re going to say, ‘How did we stand back, and NATO stand back?’ — which, in many ways, I’ve called a paper tiger.” He did not concede Russia was morally wrong to invade.

Russia hawks within the Republican Party have tried to cast Trump as the true Russia hawk, and they have turned his obsessive attacks on NATO into evidence he was cleverly trying to strengthen the alliance all along by prodding fellow members to increase their defense spending. His rant last night ought to dispel that notion. NATO allies have increased their military spending in response to Russia’s invasion. But rather than acknowledge this success — the outcome he supposedly wants — Trump continued to bash them as worthless leeches.

…Trump’s priorities would be to ensure cheap gasoline and keep Ukrainian refugees out of the country.

Trump’s anger at the “deep state” was not mere paranoia. The bureaucracy often thwarted his goals — most notably around Ukraine, where his efforts to withhold military aid and extort Volodymyr Zelensky into smearing Joe Biden ultimately petered out. But a reelected, or reinstalled, President Trump would have a much freer hand. Had 44,000 votes in Georgia, Arizona, and Wisconsin swung the other way, Zelensky would probably at this moment be in exile, in a Russian prison, or dead."

Link

I suspect many Americans would find a dead Zelensky a small price to pay for a cheaper gas and a "resolution" to this issue. The issue being the complicated matter of saving liberal democracy, which is not so clear that they are for.

I think it's pretty clear that anything with "liberal" attached to it is a no-go with too many Americans, as is the "democracy" it's attached to. It's not so much the public as it is the complete failure of the Democrats to defend democracy to this day. There have been two cases I know of where the Dem Party has shown a bit of backbone, recently. If you have no message that you communicate...no vision, no cause, no...

Another "what if" thread that is purely speculation, partisan intended, and entirely useless.

We'd be giving weapons to Russia...

"Had 44,000 votes in Georgia, Arizona, and Wisconsin swung the other way"

Biden won NY by 2M and CA by 5M pop votes, the nation by 7M. Do the math, it was 50/50 in the remaining 48 states and DC. In 2016, Hillary won CA by 4M votes and the country by 3M. Do the math, and Trump won the remaining 49 states by 1M pop votes. The nation leans conservative. Even CA is 50/50 con v lib.

Well this is a what if and we'll never know but logic, common sense and logic points to Ukraine would be in a worse position and we would probably be providing aid to Russia instead, either directly or indirectly by doing nothing.

But again, we'll never know . . . maybe some weird extremists Donnie think tank would see some self serving benefit by also doing the right thing and they would push for that direction and if it benefited Donnie he would certainly do it

Are you kidding me? Shit, once they get a proper investigation into this you will see that Trump coordinated with Putin to take over Ukraine and make Biden look bad. In exchange he was going to get a hotel in Moscow. Fortunately, Biden the Strong stopped Putin in his tracks and has lead one of the most brilliant defenses of freedom the world has ever seen!!!
Sounds right to me. I'm going to give you a bingo on this one.

If Trump was President he would have said "Right now there are 15 Russian soldiers in Ukraine and soon there will be none", "There are good people on both sides", "This war is fading away, it's going away", "Mexico is partly to blame for this war", "This war will be over by April", "We are rounding the corner in this war", "If we didn't report so much about this war it wouldn't seem so bad".

Another "what if" thread that is purely speculation, partisan intended, and entirely useless.

Trump provides plenty of evidence that supports the speculation.

Link

Ukraine wants transgenders and purple haired bovines driving its policies, too.

Wokeness has gotten to epidemic proportions and it really needs to be dealt with.

Wokeness has gotten to epidemic proportions and it really needs to be dealt with.
What needs to be dealt with, and will be, is the fully corrupt and vile modern confederacy. Purga eos ex hac terra!

What needs to be dealt with, and will be, is the fully corrupt and vile modern confederacy. Purga eos ex hac terra!
Agreed. Those pesky democrats have been a thorn in this country's side ever since the Civil War, and even prior to then!

Wow, OK. Well, there you have it everyone.

Not only is the OP correct in its speculation, but it's clear Trump would rise in the polls with his base with such positions.

Wow, OK. Well, there you have it everyone.

Not only is the OP correct in its speculation, but it's clear Trump would rise in the polls with his base with such positions.
I'd give up your fantasy dictatorship for wokeness to go away.

Glad we can count on your support, despite the rest of your post not making any practical sense.
That's impossible.

There is no way in hell that you and I could agree on anything.

Might be a valid point had there not been something like a 1,000 posts on this board by Trumpers proclaiming: "Putin would never have dared invade Ukraine if Trump was still president."

Did you somehow miss ALL of those posts?

But her emails!
But his emails!
Nuh uh ur the conspiracist!

:rolleyes:

Yet you did say you agreed.
I agreed that democrats are a thorn in this country's side.

Of course, I had to clarify your stupid rant to make that agreement work, but it all came out right in the end.

Link

The most surprising here is that Sean Hannity tried repeatedly to coax him to call Vladimir Putin a bad person

Back
Top Bottom