• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If Trump was in charge

j brown's body

"A Soros-backed animal"
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
To understand how Trump would respond to the Ukrainian crisis, take a look at his response to the pandemic. He'd do the same thing: play it down to protect the economy. There would be no uniting much of the world behind democratic principles. He would be bragging about how he kept gas prices down. He would say "Putin felt forced to do it because of NATO expansion, and I believe him." And he would say, "who are we to talk? That is exactly how we expanded to the west coast. "A lot of people don't know that - and those people were didn't even carry mortgages." "I'll bet NATO is glad I forced them to pony up now. They haven't even thanked me."

And maybe half the country would be fine with that.

The most important thing to do when your guy is proving himself to be a walking cluster**** is to blame someone else. It's the new American way. We have gone from "Give me liberty or give me death" and "There is nothing to fear but fear itself" to "To err is human. To blame someone else shows management potential!"

The most important thing to do when your guy is proving himself to be a walking cluster**** is to blame someone else. It's the new American way. We have gone from "Give me liberty or give me death" and "There is nothing to fear but fear itself" to "To err is human. To blame someone else shows management potential!"

Tell me about it.

What about this situation would make him change his mind and act differently?

In 2018 he was telling the world he disliked NATO, and wanted countries America had invested in, key word, invested, not loaned money to pay us back. He wanted to pull out of NATO, he understood why Putin disliked NATO countries, and he publicly bashed our allies. He feed this bs to his base until they were onboard with it, which is why he has fans of it to this day and are on board publicly with Putin.

So, why would his handling of a Ukraine invasion by Putin, in the name of not wanting them to become involved with NATO differ? Why would he respond differently?

To understand how Trump would respond to the Ukrainian crisis, take a look at his response to the pandemic. He'd do the same thing: play it down to protect the economy. There would be no uniting much of the world behind democratic principles. He would be bragging about how he kept gas prices down. He would say "Putin felt forced to do it because of NATO expansion, and I believe him." And he would say, "who are we to talk? That is exactly how we expanded to the west coast. "A lot of people don't know that - and those people were didn't even carry mortgages." "I'll bet NATO is glad I forced them to pony up now. They haven't even thanked me."

BS, BS, BS.

Biden did the same damn thing except he mandated worthless vaccines and fired those who refused his ORDERS to get vaxx'd. Even with the vaccines, Biden's death toll was much higher than Trump's.

Trump got into office and fired cruise missiles at Syria. Trump would have stopped Putin.

50 years in the Federal Government doing nothing - and now Biden simply looks predictably clueless.

What about this situation would make him change his mind and act differently?

In 2018 he was telling the world he disliked NATO, and wanted countries America had invested in, key word, invested, not loaned money to pay us back. He wanted to pull out of NATO, he understood why Putin disliked NATO countries, and he publicly bashed our allies. He feed this bs to his base until they were onboard with it, which is why he has fans of it to this day and are on board publicly with Putin.

So, why would his handling of a Ukraine invasion by Putin, in the name of not wanting them to become involved with NATO differ? Why would he respond differently?

He let a pandemic rage out of control by denying it because he wanted to protect the economy. He'd do the same thing here. He's a simple man.

Let's understand this if we don't understand anything else about Putin. The only reason Putin didn't pull this crap under Trump is he was afraid Trump would launch nukes at him first. It's called first strike capability. All of Russia would look like a section of the Sahara desert.

He let a pandemic rage out of control by denying it because he wanted to protect the economy. He'd do the same thing here. He's a simple man.
Yeah, by his response to this conflict he wouldn't change a bit. Why on earth conservatives don't realize how he feels is beyond me. Maybe they wish he'd go kick Putins ass, but that's far from how he feels about Putin, and NATO. It would be "none of our business" as he's a nationalist. He'd probably pull out of NATO.

BS, BS, BS.

Biden did the same damn thing except he mandated worthless vaccines and fired those who refused his ORDERS to get vaxx'd. Even with the vaccines, Biden's death toll was much higher than Trump's.

Trump got into office and fired cruise missiles at Syria. Trump would have stopped Putin.

50 years in the Federal Government doing nothing - and now Biden simply looks predictably clueless.

It's difficult to believe someone would say "Trump would stop Putin" with a straight face. Beyond the absurdity of such a statement, why would he and how would he?

Let's understand this if we don't understand anything else about Putin. The only reason Putin didn't pull this crap under Trump is he was afraid Trump would launch nukes at him first. It's called first strike capability.
Ha ha, nope. Why would Trump do this when he agrees with him? He didn't have to do this under Trump, because NATO wasn't a threat if the west was unhappy with it and might pull out of it.

Let's understand this if we don't understand anything else about Putin. The only reason Putin didn't pull this crap under Trump is he was afraid Trump would launch nukes at him first. It's called first strike capability.

An insane thing to do, but even then, why would Trump even do that? It could cause gas prices to spike.

Trump was in charge and Putin didnt do shit.

Xiden is in charge and Putin is bitch slapping Ukraine up n' down the map

Ha ha, nope. Why would Trump do this when he agrees with him? He didn't have to do this under Trump, because NATO wasn't a threat if the west was unhappy with it and might pull out of it.

Trump isn't even in the picture. This is purely Biden and Putin mano a mono. Who will back down ?

An insane thought, but even then, why would Trump even do that? It could cause gas prices to spike.

Trump isn't even in the picture. This is purely Biden and Putin mano a mano. Who will back down? Will Biden continue to fund Putin's war by allowing imports of Russian oil and uranium?

I literally say a pray of thank 🙏 you each night that this did not happen under his presidency and I am an agnostic.

Simple: if he were in charge he would act on his real-world statement that Putin is a "genius". He would lick his ass clean and defend his evil.

Trumpists would blame Biden, and America would continue to careen towards destruction. And his supporters would cheer the whole time, blaming liberals for every last democracy/republic-destroying thing they did.

Trump was in charge and Putin didnt do shit.

Xiden is in charge and Putin is bitch slapping Ukraine up n' down the map

Meh. Putin might not have wanted to risk Trump's bid for a second term, and he was still rebuilding his military- with no pushback from Trump. There is nothing to indicate Putin had any fear of Trump. Quite the antithesis. And Trump has certainly done nothing since the invasion to change that.

Last edited:
"If Trump was in charge"... this nonsense has to end, Trump is only in charge of the Russian propaganda arm of the ass-kissing Republican party.

What is offered by Republicans today on what Putin would or would not do if Trump was in charge is the same sort of epic mental exercise stupidity that brought us "Mexico will pay for the wall." And the check for that has 'been in the mail' for years now.

Let's understand this if we don't understand anything else about Putin. The only reason Putin didn't pull this crap under Trump is he was afraid Trump would launch nukes at him first. It's called first strike capability. All of Russia would look like a section of the Sahara desert.

This post, if you are serious, is ridiculous to an extreme. Trump ridiculous. Its that silly.

Hmmm, you could be right only if Trump owes alot of Russians money. If he nuked them, no debts!

"If Trump was in charge"... this nonsense has to end, Trump is only in charge of the Russian propaganda arm of the ass-kissing Republican party.

What is offered by Republicans today on what Putin would or would not do if Trump was in charge is the same sort of epic mental exercise stupidity that brought us "Mexico will pay for the wall." And the check for that has 'been in the mail' for years now.

But, you know, with Trump brushing it under the rug, protecting gas prices and the stock market. Many Americans would approve. Nice and clean, no messiness.

The long term impact would probably be catastrophic and land at the feet of the next Democratic president, again.

Mehta. Putin might not have wanted to risk Trump's bid for a second term, and he was still rebuilding his military- with no pushback from Trump. There is nothing to indicate Putin had any fear of Trump. Quite the antithesis. And Trump has certainly done nothing since the invasion to change that.
LOL! That dog aint gonna hunt

Back
Top Bottom