• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If Trump Loses Who Will He Hand The Keys Over to?

If Trump Loses Who Will He Hand The Keys Over to?

• Total voters

Moderate Right

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
The election is official. The election is over and any court cases have been decided. Trump lost. There are no other options available. Who do you think he will hand the keys over to?

One "rosy" scenario I've seen is that Trump contests a loss all the way to January, making the country miserable for two months. On January 20 he just leaves, declaring himself President in Exile.

And that's the rosy scenario.

He will hand the keys to Joe Biden who will pass them on to Ix Jinping.

One "rosy" scenario I've seen is that Trump contests a loss all the way to January, making the country miserable for two months. On January 20 he just leaves, declaring himself President in Exile.

Can I plagiarize you?

Trump is too self-centered to pass the torch to someone else.

Maybe his kids.

There will be a smooth transition of power to the Biden administration in such a circumstance. Trump doesn't have the support necessary for a military coup.

Can I plagiarize you?

You're free to reproduce my work so long as you credit me. I didn't really think that post was especially plagiarize-worthy, but if you think it is, knock yourself out.

It’s going to be all unicorns and rainbows.....just like these two!

76712AA4-1A50-4367-A652-04354BE77C47.jpeg

One "rosy" scenario I've seen is that Biden contests a loss all the way to January, making the country miserable for two months. On January 20 he will continue to whine, declaring himself President de Facto (returning to his basement).

Oh yea, I forgot. Credit goes to Cardinal for this post.

Last edited:
I can see him giving up (if he reaches a point where he feels its pointless) sometime in January and turning the reins over to Pence to try to get a pardon for himself. I doubt he would leave office willingly without at least trying to do that.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Until now I had no idea that was a tradition in the peaceful transition of power. There are multiple photos of these events.

And here's Obama and Trump traveling to the inauguration together.

I think there have been some “frosty” rides. I think I read that Truman/Eisenhower and Eisenhower/Kennedy were not fans of each other.....

I think there have been some “frosty” rides. I think I read that Truman/Eisenhower and Eisenhower/Kennedy were not fans of each other.....

Well, nobody said everyone had to like it.

Legally, the election has to be decided by mid-December for the electoral votes to count for a particular state.
If the votes are tied, then it goes to Congress for the beginning of January.
In such a scenario, it is difficult to imagine Mr. Biden will lie down, and it is to be expected that he will fight as hard as Mr. Trump will.

With the mail in voting at record levels, votes may not even be counted in January in a close election, especially if recounts are demanded. Seems totally crazy to me that in the year 2020 in the 21st century with all of the technology we have, we should be able to know on election night or the next day who won. Democrats have pushed us backwards.

Until now I had no idea that was a tradition in the peaceful transition of power. There are multiple photos of these events.

And here's Obama and Trump traveling to the inauguration together.

Where have you been the last four years? There was no peaceful transition of power. Yes, Obama gave Trump the keys nicely and walked out the front door but then Democrats have been anything but peaceful since election day.

Legally, the election has to be decided by mid-December for the electoral votes to count for a particular state.
If the votes are tied, then it goes to Congress for the beginning of January.
In such a scenario, it is difficult to imagine Mr. Biden will lie down, and it is to be expected that he will fight as hard as Mr. Trump will.
But what happens with all the mail in voting, court battles, and recounts, if the election isn't even decided by mid December, legal or not?

Jo Jorgensen

lol

But what happens with all the mail in voting, court battles, and recounts, if the election isn't even decided by mid December, legal or not?
I think the SC will have no choice but to weigh in if no clear winner is declared by a certain date. Otherwise we may end up with a Constitutional crisis the likes of which this country has never seen. Another good reason why the SC must be filled.

Isn't that covered in 2A?
I have to admit, I'm not sure if you mis posted or were making some kind of joke. If it was a joke then I have to admit it was funny, because the joke could be applied to both sides.

Great, we can fly him one-way to North Korea, Belarus, Haiti or Albania or East Timor. Send him to Gough island with a tent and some provisions...

Just get his smelly ass out of America.

Back
Top Bottom