• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If Trump hadn't lied about COVID, how many more businesses would be reopening now?

CaughtInThe

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
More normally of course.

I say it's between 20-40%.

Going for the most ignorant OP? Trump didn't have anything closed or kept open.

Every attack against Trump on this is a lie and actually an attack against governors. If Cuomo hadn't lied, how many people would still be alive? What if Fauci hadn't lied? What if CNN hadn't lied? What if Biden wasn't in a coma at the time?

Bad Trump for keeping those restaurants and gyms in NYC closed.

i'm sure those small businesses, as they learn more and more about Trump's lies, are really happy that they can't pay their landlords.

gonna be a bunch of business owners flip to Ds this election.

i'm sure those small businesses, as they learn more and more about Trump's lies, are really happy that they can't pay their landlords.

gonna be a bunch of business owners flip to Ds this election.

Can you cite the law or policy trump enacted which forced a single business to close?

South Korea did all the right things, they didn't have to close their economy, and they didn't have to pay out a $3 trillion dollar stimulus package.

South Korea has lost a very few people to the virus. We've lost 200,000.

Thanks, Trump.

Bad Trump for keeping those restaurants and gyms in NYC closed.

You are right, we have Cuomo to thank for taking us from a 25% infection rate to a 1% rate.

Trump would have kept us at 25%.

So no, you can’t show a single law or proposal from trump which closed businesses. Thank you.

it's that he mismanaged (and lied about it) the only big thing that landed in his lap. that's what everyone sees (and many have to deal with personally and financially now).

sorry if that hurts you and Trump.

I'll take that as a no.

it's that he mismanaged (and lied about it) the only big thing that landed in his lap. that's what everyone sees (and many have to deal with personally and financially now).

It doesn't hurt me. I doubt it bothers President Trump.

Opening and closing businesses is a state or local issue.

which was affected by Trump lying/downplaying and causing WAY more infections and deaths (and has slowed our reopening).

oh, and everything bothers the baby in our White House. he might be the most immature grown man i've ever seen. tough, rock ribbed Southern men should hate him.

He has no power to manage anything on a state level regarding the pandemic or business closures. That is entirely and 100% on governors.

South Korea did all the right things, they didn't have to close their economy, and they didn't have to pay out a $3 trillion dollar stimulus package.

South Korea has lost a very few people to the virus. We've lost 200,000.

Thanks, Trump.

South Korea's infection numbers are increasing.

He has no power to manage anything on a state level regarding the pandemic or business closures. That is entirely and 100% on governors.

he's our leader (who uses EOs all the time). it's his responsibility to lead our country during an attack (by coordinating with governors, inspiring our citizens to nip COVID before it got a foothold and providing the correct info to all Americans).

he failed. it will probably cost him his job (which them means huge legal problems).

it's hard to know where we would be with more competent leadership. my guess is that fewer people would be embracing militant masklessness as some sort of political statement, at the very least.

Testing and supplying the state with PPE are catastrophic problems President Trump has to take responsibility for and therefore putting the states in a worse situation.

it's hard to know where we would be with more competent leadership. my guess is that fewer people would be embracing militant masklessness as some sort of political statement, at the very least.

just think, within days of Trump learning about this thing, if he's gone on national TV and made a speech with included something like...

"This virus is serious. Buy a mask now and wear it. Keep your hands clean. Social distance.

I will be working closely with our Governors to stop/slow this virus so that it doesn't affect our country in any major way. We WILL keep the damage to a minimum. God Bless You. And may God Bless America."

he's our leader (who uses EOs all the time). it's his responsibility to lead our country during an attack (by coordinating with governors, inspiring our citizens to nip COVID before it got a foothold and providing the correct info to all Americans).

he failed. it will probably cost him his job (which them means huge legal problems).

He has no power to manage anything on a state level regarding the pandemic or business closures. That is entirely and 100% on governors. The constitution precludes him from doing anything on a state level.

just think, within days of Trump learning about this thing, if he's gone on national TV and made a speech with included something like...

"This virus is serious. Buy a mask now and wear it. Keep your hands clean. Social distance.

I will be working closely with our Governors to stop/slow this virus so that it doesn't affect our country in any major way. We WILL keep the damage to a minimum. God Bless You. And may God Bless America."
You would of accused him of trying to distract everyones attention away from the ridiculous impeachment going on at the time.
Personally I am grateful that we dodged the bullet of having Clinton in office. We already saw how badly she screwed the pooch in Banghazi. I cant fathom how badly she would of done in a pandemic. Thankfully we will never know.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Personally I am grateful that we dodged the bullet of having Clinton in office. We already saw how badly she screwed the pooch in Banghazi.

^ everyone read that over and over until you see how crazy it is.

how many reads did it take?

You would of accused him of trying to distract everyones attention away from the ridiculous impeachment going on at the time.
Personally I am grateful that we dodged the bullet of having Clinton in office. We already saw how badly she screwed the pooch in Banghazi. I cant fathom how badly she would of done in a pandemic. Thankfully we will never know.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Seriously?

Back
Top Bottom