• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If Trump Becomes President Will He Have A Target On His Back?

Moderate Right

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
I remember about 8 years ago many people predicted that Obama would be the target of many assassination attempts but what about if Trump is elected president?

Every president has a target on their back. So yes.

I remember about 8 years ago many people predicted that Obama would be the target of many assassination attempts but what about if Trump is elected president?

No one will assassinate Obama while he is destroying the USA. It is what the global elites, progressives, and Islamists want. Trump, on the other hand, will be a much different story.

One thing that I will say is that those who oppose Trump have already shown that they are willing to carry out acts of violence against those they disagree with, something that those who oppose Pres. Obama have not done.

No one will assassinate Obama while he is destroying the USA. It is what the global elites, progressives, and Islamists want. Trump, on the other hand, will be a much different story.

"Destroying the USA"? LOL! What an active imagination you have.

No need to worry. Trump will remain a private citizen after November.

One thing that I will say is that those who oppose Trump have already shown that they are willing to carry out acts of violence against those they disagree with, something that those who oppose Pres. Obama have not done.

That is very telling about which group preaches tolerance and which group practices it.

"Destroying the USA"? LOL! What an active imagination you have.

Like the active agenda Obama has? He is systematically chipping away at the power of the other branches of government. And shredding the Constitution doing it. He has turned the IRS and the DOJ into political lap dogs. He is flooding the country with illegals and refugees that could be terrorists. He has the worst economic record as far as growth than any other president.

Not to mention that he is the man child, petulant and arrogant.

Like the active agenda Obama has? He is systematically chipping away at the power of the other branches of government. And shredding the Constitution doing it. He has turned the IRS and the DOJ into political lap dogs. He is flooding the country with illegals and refugees that could be terrorists. He has the worst economic record as far as growth than any other president.

Wow. The delusion strong in this one is.
Not to mention that he is the man child, petulant and arrogant.

LOL! Are you going to be OK?

To a hyper-sensitive disfunctional emo-con, perhaps, but not to any rational adult.

$19T in debt with the contestant erosion of our constitutional rights as well as our sovereignty to global unions. It doesn't get any clearer than that.

No more so than other Presidents. But with the security and precautions these days, there's no real chance for a successful assassination.

Right, right, there has been no hatred directed at the Islamist terrorist AntiChrist who hates America, none at all.

I agree with your statement 100%.

The violent left in this country has shown repeatedly their willingness to cause injury and destruction so nothing they will do surprises me at all.

No more so than other Presidents. But with the security and precautions these days, there's no real chance for a successful assassination.

I wouldn't say that.

Biden was his insurance policy.

I wouldn't say that.

That there's no real chance for a successful assassination? I think that's true in today's day and age. It would take quite the attempt to pull it off and there's so much security and monitoring at these events, i just don't see it as very likely. I mean, it's not to say that we should treat threats flippantly, but at the same accord I do not think we need to fear some nutjob successfully taking out a President.

That there's no real chance for a successful assassination? I think that's true in today's day and age. It would take quite the attempt to pull it off and there's so much security and monitoring at these events, i just don't see it as very likely. I mean, it's not to say that we should treat threats flippantly, but at the same accord I do not think we need to fear some nutjob successfully taking out a President.

It has happened before. How is it impossible now?

Its still possible. harder to do yes, but possible.

Its still possible. harder to do yes, but possible.

I mean, yes, the probability is not zero. You need to be careful and take threats seriously. But I think the probability is very low for it to be successful.

It has happened before. How is it impossible now?

I didn't say impossible, I just said that it's not likely. We have a lot more security, the Secrete Service has learned quite a bit over the decades and has a lot of practices in place to keep the President safe, there is a lot of effort and care to ensure that any place the President may be has been thoroughly searched and any potential problem eliminated, etc. With all the beef up and monitoring in security, while a successful attempt does have a non-zero probability, I don't think it's very likely that someone could take out our President. It would require a rather extensive operation to do so.

I mean, yes, the probability is not zero. You need to be careful and take threats seriously. But I think the probability is very low for it to be successful.

It is hard to say with powerful long range rifle available.

A sniper can take him out easily in public.

The chances are lessened, sure, but where there's a will there's a way. Nothing is foolproof.

Back
Top Bottom