• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

If Trayvon Martin were...

What would have the jury's decision been?

• Guilty of 1st or 2nd degree murder

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Phys251

Purge evil with Justice
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
If the exact same set of circumstances had happened--the purchase of Skittles, the walk back home, the hoodie, the fight, the 911 call, all of it--but instead of being a black male, Trayvon Martin had been a white female, what would have the jury's decision been?

If the exact same set of circumstances had happened--the purchase of Skittles, the walk back home, the hoodie, the fight, the 911 call, all of it--but instead of being a black male, Trayvon Martin had been a white female, what would have the jury's decision been?

What are the odds that a white female would punch someone in the nose, possibly/probably breaking it, knock Zimmerman to the ground, straddle him and beat his noggin' against the concrete a time or two?

Sorry, can't realistically walk in those shoes.

If Martin had been a white male, I believe the verdict comes out exaclty the same. If Martin had been a woman though, of any race, I doubt the self defense claim would have been very credible. No offense to ladies, but it seems unlikely that a woman could have gotten Zimmerman on the cement for some ground and pound or inflicted the damage on Zimmerman that Martin did.

So you are saying a white female was going to assault and batter a large hispanic man, punch him in the face, knock him to the ground, beat on him? Seriously?

Not guilty, there wasn't sufficient evidence. Look at Casey Anthony. Her defense, reports, and story were very far off and it was most likely the case that she killed her child. She was found not guilty of killing a white little girl (her daughter) because evidence couldn't prove that she did it without a reasonable doubt. Innocent until proven guilty. Had Trayvon been a white Trayvette with the exact same set of circumstances and evidence I think the verdict would still be not guilty.

In a rational court held by peers their emotions, race, gender, sexuality, religion, and any other factor should not be in play at all when it comes to reviewing evidence and finding someone guilty of a crime. The problem with the ZM/TM case is far too many people irrationally reviewed the case through the lenses of their personal racism or need to see some kind of race issue where a white guy killed a black kid and got off because the kid is black. That's not the case.

What are the odds that a white female would punch someone in the nose, possibly/probably breaking it, knock Zimmerman to the ground, straddle him and beat his noggin' against the concrete a time or two?

So you are saying a white female was going to assault and batter a large hispanic man, punch him in the face, knock him to the ground, beat on him? Seriously?

It would be possible if she was an athlete and he was out of shape. What if she was an avid boxer?

Last edited:
In a rational court held by peers their emotions, race, gender, sexuality, religion, and any other factor should not be in play at all when it comes to reviewing evidence and finding someone guilty of a crime. The problem with the ZM/TM case is far too many people irrationally reviewed the case through the lenses of their personal racism or need to see some kind of race issue where a white guy killed a black kid and got off because the kid is black. That's not the case.

Exactly.

How much do we have to change the facts to make Zimmerman guilty? What if Martin had been a six year old child or a puppy? What then?

Last edited:
How much do we have to change the facts to make Zimmerman guilty? What if Martin had been a six year old child. What then?

Well, in that case I don't think the evidence would be strong for a 6 year old pinning him down and bashing his skull against concrete justifying self defense there.

That was my first reaction to..> I just couldn't logically make it fit and couldn't respond to the poll.

race-baiting-1267555113.jpeg

Oh Maggie I have some female hockey players for you to meet then. When they get mad there is not safe place to hid I found out.

Just got a phone call from a friend:

The turd-like newspaper New York Times, the quotidian Bible of the Black Racist Enabling DEM Gay/Lib scum had this on their Front Page:

A crowd of the Teen age Thug Trayvon Martin Female Sympathizers cuddling their infants in their arms purportedly showing the extent the emotional anguish these idiots are going thru with bemoaning the just verdict of Z's NOT GUILTY verdict !!!

I puked when I heard that........and, I am still puking.

I wonder how many times, if ever, these same idiots turned out in the streets cuddling their babes in their ams to bemoan the MONTHLY THOUSANDS of the TEEN AGE Black/Black, and Black/Non Black crimes across the Nation ?!?!?

I said "IF," Maggie. The odds, however low, are irrelevant.

Back
Top Bottom