• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If this is true - This is BAD!!!

Sorry, friend we only have 435.
Exactly! You used to have thousands. But most have been murdered by Trumpist revolutionaries. Those who are female are called the Daughters of the American Revolution I believe.

Exactly! You used to have thousands. But most have been murdered by Trumpist revolutionaries. Those who are female are called the Daughters of the American Revolution I believe.
Wow. Do tell more.

I don't know... Are you saying he was on that tour?

I guess we'll have to wait to see and hear the 1/6 committee's presentation. Aren't you looking forward to it?

In a Thursday letter to Representative Barry Loudermilk, the top two members of the panel said investigators had obtained evidence that the Georgia Republican had led a tour through parts of the Capitol complex on Jan. 5, 2021, when it was closed to visitors because of pandemic restrictions.
Ruh roh. Trouble ahead for the Republicans, if this is true.

I love the MAGA paranoia - your guys are about to be found out, friend - the 1/6 committee's consulted with Hollywood folks to make sure their presentation has maximum impact.

Tik, tik, tik... 😱

I am at my happiest, while awash in {B]trumpist tears.[/B]
How do you keep the tears separated from yours?

;)

Oh, I agree! Thank you - my imagination and my creativity, along with my freakishly high intelligence are the things I love most about myself.

That and my absolutely perfectly-sized junk. <--- that was a joke. It's really tiny! <---- ok that was a joke - both women I've been with could not stop telling me how, "adequate" it was. <--- ok, that was a joke as well. Sorry!

But seriously, why don't we wait until the end of the investigation. It'll only be a another couple of week then all will be revealed by the 1/6 folk.

I'm sure you're on the edge of your seat :)
Any investigation into any republican wrong doings is a witch hunt. Any accusation against the democrats by the right might as well be fact and the person or persons are guilty, no proof needed.

KEY POINTS
  • Capitol Police are investigating allegations by Democratic members of Congress that Republican lawmakers gave tours of the Capitol to supporters of President Donald Trump a day before a pro-Trump mob rioted there.
  • Rep. Mikie Sherrill, D-N.J., has said she saw “members of Congress who had groups coming through the Capitol ... a reconnaissance for the next day.”
  • The Jan. 6 riot caused members of Congress, along with Vice President Mike Pence, to flee ongoing proceedings in the Senate and House of Representatives to seek safety in secure locations. Congress that day was confirming the election of Joe Biden as president.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Ok, so.. I know I throw the words, "traitor" and "criminal" around a lot when talking about Republicans, but c'mon guys. I actually hope this isn't true, but if it is.. if it's not treason, it's accessory to attempted murder at least.

These Republican congress people, people who swore an oath to protect and defend the Constitution - were directing white supremacists to find and murder members of the United States Congress, just because they disagree with them politically.. If the allegations are true.

It's bad.

To me that was as plain as day on January 6th -- the rioters clearly had knowledge of the Capitol's vast, complex layout. When I was younger I used to do governmental affairs type work at the state level and would travel to DC once a year for a few years, visiting the Capitol. It's labyrinthine and includes multiple buildings. I'm not sure exactly what they breached and where they went, but if they were able to locate Reps' offices within a matter of minutes (IIRC), it's pretty clear to me that they had done their recon in advance. I find it implausible that they didn't have help.

Any investigation into any republican wrong doings is a witch hunt. Any accusation against the democrats by the right might as well be fact and the person or persons are guilty, no proof needed.
Isn't it amazing that only 24 hours after the "year old story" was posted, it has garnered 30 replies? ;)

As with every similar thread (and there are several on this subject), apologists jump in with deflections before anyone has an opportunity to address the substance. I wonder, does that ever get old?

As this plays out, and it is playing out, the lying liars are going to be found out. It may be that Rep. Sherrill was mistaken, or overly alarmed (although I doubt it, given her pedigree), and it may prove that Rep. Loudermilk wasn't lying (again, doubtful), but it may be some time before we know, because the tapes are not publicly available (yet) since they are part of a parallel criminal investigation.

The simplest resolution, of course, would simply be for everyone involved to be put under oath to tell their "story" and to testify fully and truthfully, wouldn't it? None of this "but the investigation isn't legitimate" crap - and it is crap - to avoid the obvious.

To me that was as plain as day on January 6th -- the rioters clearly had knowledge of the Capitol's vast, complex layout. When I was younger I used to do governmental affairs type work at the state level and would travel to DC once a year for a few years, visiting the Capitol. It's labyrinthine and includes multiple buildings. I'm not sure exactly what they breached and where they went, but if they were able to locate Reps' offices within a matter of minutes (IIRC), it's pretty clear to me that they had done their recon in advance. I find it implausible that they didn't have help.
I find it entertaining that those members responding in this thread who are obviously, loyal MAGAs, loyal to trump - how paranoid they are :)

That's one more reason to be suspicious that this might be true.

Isn't it amazing that only 24 hours after the "year old story" was posted, it has garnered 30 replies? ;)

As with every similar thread (and there are several on this subject), apologists jump in with deflections before anyone has an opportunity to address the substance. I wonder, does that ever get old?

As this plays out, and it is playing out, the lying liars are going to be found out. It may be that Rep. Sherrill was mistaken, or overly alarmed (although I doubt it, given her pedigree), and it may prove that Rep. Loudermilk wasn't lying (again, doubtful), but it may be some time before we know, because the tapes are not publicly available (yet) since they are part of a parallel criminal investigation.

The simplest resolution, of course, would simply be for everyone involved to be put under oath to tell their "story" and to testify fully and truthfully, wouldn't it? None of this "but the investigation isn't legitimate" crap - and it is crap - to avoid the obvious.
I know if I'm being accused of something I didn't do, I would want to tell my side of the story and use every available camera to back up my claims. Let's see what the party of law and order does when the time comes.

KEY POINTS
  • Capitol Police are investigating allegations by Democratic members of Congress that Republican lawmakers gave tours of the Capitol to supporters of President Donald Trump a day before a pro-Trump mob rioted there.
  • Rep. Mikie Sherrill, D-N.J., has said she saw “members of Congress who had groups coming through the Capitol ... a reconnaissance for the next day.”
  • The Jan. 6 riot caused members of Congress, along with Vice President Mike Pence, to flee ongoing proceedings in the Senate and House of Representatives to seek safety in secure locations. Congress that day was confirming the election of Joe Biden as president.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Ok, so.. I know I throw the words, "traitor" and "criminal" around a lot when talking about Republicans, but c'mon guys. I actually hope this isn't true, but if it is.. if it's not treason, it's accessory to attempted murder at least.

These Republican congress people, people who swore an oath to protect and defend the Constitution - were directing white supremacists to find and murder members of the United States Congress, just because they disagree with them politically.. If the allegations are true.

It's bad.

Or maybe they were actually just giving tours for constituents from their districts.....oh the horror.....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Or maybe they were actually just giving tours for constituents from their districts.....oh the horror.....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I'm sure that's what you hope was happening as do I. Let's wait for the committee's presentation.

Spoiler alert none of the republicans will agree to testify. If the republicans win the house in 22 all of this will be buried.

Articles over a year old are important issues to discuss apparently. Maybe it was a slow news day? End of May is approaching and gotta and meet the requirements of starting a 1/6 reference thread this month. Maybe some folks are just a little slower than others in reading news articles.
This has been posted repeatedly on the forum, even as recently as Thursday.

I find it entertaining that those members responding in this thread who are obviously, loyal MAGAs, loyal to trump - how paranoid they are :)

That's one more reason to be suspicious that this might be true.

There's no might to it - they clearly provided tactical assistance in the form of giving the rioter advanced knowledge of the Capitol's layout. Sure, you can probably see their office numbers by looking it up online, but actually physically knowing where they are located...that requires getting to know the Capitol complex. It was obvious to me on January 6th.

What I suspected might be true but wasn't quite sure of was whether the Congressmen (or their staffers) were aware of who those people they were chaperoning actually were, and what their intentions were. I thought 'Maybe they just thought they were MAGA-ites like anyone else and didn't know what they were really up to'. But there's enough evidence now to show that these Congressmen/women almost certainly knew their affiliations beforehand - or at least had to know that there were likely at least a few violent radicals among the bunch and that some intended to prevent the peaceful transfer of power. That's what's changed in my mind. The Congressmen/women who did this are guilty of violent conspiracy and should be prosecuted.

I'm sure that's what you hope was happening as do I. Let's wait for the committee's presentation.

I'm sure that's what happened......the left is merely pushing another "false narrative", and getting people like you to spread it all over the web and social media for them.....and later when it's found a nothing burger, the damage has already been done......over, over, over, over these lowlifes do these things, truly pathetic human beings.

I'm sure that's what happened......the left is merely pushing another "false narrative", and getting people like you to spread it all over the web and social media for them.....and later when it's found a nothing burger, the damage has already been done......over, over, over, over these lowlifes do these things, truly pathetic human beings.
Man, you are really angry about this. What has shocked me throughout the corruption within the current Republican party is that people like you, who obviously vote Republican aren't angry at your own elected officials for being traitors - you're just angry everyone found out about itl

Sorry.

There's no might to it - they clearly provided tactical assistance in the form of giving the rioter advanced knowledge of the Capitol's layout. Sure, you can probably see their office numbers by looking it up online, but actually physically knowing where they are located...that requires getting to know the Capitol complex. It was obvious to me on January 6th.

What I suspected might be true but wasn't quite sure of was whether the Congressmen (or their staffers) were aware of who those people they were chaperoning actually were, and what their intentions were. I thought 'Maybe they just thought they were MAGA-ites like anyone else and didn't know what they were really up to'. But there's enough evidence now to show that these Congressmen/women almost certainly knew their affiliations beforehand - or at least had to know that there were likely at least a few violent radicals among the bunch and that some intended to prevent the peaceful transfer of power. That's what's changed in my mind. The Congressmen/women who did this are guilty of violent conspiracy and should be prosecuted.
I'm trying to be skeptical elected Republicans physically and tactically participated in the coup - but the Republicans are acting so guilty - they're making it really hard!

I'm willing to believe that the majority - even the vast majority - of Congresspersons had no idea the Trump steal-the-vote rally (let's be honest here) would get so far out of hand. It is entirely likely that Rep. Loudermilk, and others, did not see their "giving tours" as being connected to what eventually transpired. BUT - covering it up indicates "consciousness of guilt". That's my main thing, here.

Also, isn't is amazing that lying about this activity - which directly led to a significant threat to and disruption of actual government - gets a "yawn" from a certain (MAGA) segment of our postership, but the Durham actual witchhunt is breathlessly kvetched upon by the same group as if it had any substance? Just a thought...

I don't know the motive behind the tours, but wouldn't they have been instructed/encouraged to go straight to the chamber, rather than posing in the rep's empty offices?
This is of course not to deny that they were anti-American insurrectionists.

Man, you are really angry about this. What has shocked me throughout the corruption within the current Republican party is that people like you, who obviously vote Republican aren't angry at your own elected officials for being traitors - you're just angry everyone found out about itl

Sorry.

Oh Lord, take a good long look in the mirror.....you probably got the most corrupt politician as president as we speak.....it loudly proclaims the deep and utter corruption of the democrat party, as a whole. They have become so corrupt, they have the majority of news outlets and intelligence agencies in their back pockets.....a cabal of corrupt officials, who could care less about the American People.

Washington, DC is a popular vacation destination, and my office is happy to help make your trip to our nation's capital a memorable one. We are happy to work with New Yorkers to arrange tours of the White House or the U.S. Capitol.

If you have any questions regarding your trip to Washington D.C., please contact Senator Schumer's tour coordinator at 202-224-6542.

... yeah, giving tours.. so nefarious...

Oh Lord, take a good long look in the mirror.....you probably got the most corrupt politician as president as we speak.....it loudly proclaims the deep and utter corruption of the democrat party, as a whole. They have become so corrupt, they have the majority of news outlets and intelligence agencies in their back pockets.....a cabal of corrupt officials, who could care less about the American People.
Yup with all these lies you're posting and attacking me now it's obvious you're really angry and just lashing out. What I recommend you do now, my friend is take a break take a breath come back and we'll chat.

Yup with all these lies you're posting and attacking me now it's obvious you're really angry and just lashing out. What I recommend you do now, my friend is take a break take a breath come back and we'll chat.

It doesn't take anger to point out the truth of democrats....it's just basic facts. Starting rumors of Congress, especially Republican Congress people doing covert operations in lieu of the 6th is probably one of the most absurd conspiracy theories I've seen on the internet or anywhere.....yet these lemmings fall for this crap all the time.....get your head out of Pelosi's and Schumers bunghole for a moment and open your eyes.

Back
Top Bottom