• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If this is true - This is BAD!!!

So they give tours and the left thinks it's reconnaissance to come back with flag poles

Talk about going off a deep end
Loudermilk initially denied giving any tours on the 5th.
Then, when confronted with evidence, he changed his story and admitted he gave a tour.

So he lied. Why?

I've asked that before and I don't get a good answer.

Loudermilk initially denied giving any tours on the 5th.
Then, when confronted with evidence, he changed his story and admitted he gave a tour.

So he lied. Why?

I've asked that before and I don't get a good answer.
You will never get anything but spin and deflection. These republicans are bald face liars.

I'm willing to believe that the majority - even the vast majority - of Congresspersons had no idea the Trump steal-the-vote rally (let's be honest here) would get so far out of hand. It is entirely likely that Rep. Loudermilk, and others, did not see their "giving tours" as being connected to what eventually transpired. BUT - covering it up indicates "consciousness of guilt". That's my main thing, here.

Consciousness of guilt, indeed. He knew the kinds of people who were going to be descending upon the Capitol in the days leading up to the riot. He was basically cheering them on.

"After weeks of researching Georgia’s handling of the 2020 General Election, I have a reasonable and significant doubt that the electors selected to represent Georgia in the electoral college actually reflect the true will of the people of Georgia. Due to the many unanswered and credible charges of potential fraud, highly respected members of the State House and Senate have called for a special session to address the certification of Georgia’s votes. However, no special session has been called. Therefore, on behalf of my colleagues in the Georgia General Assembly, I will be objecting to Georgia’s electors when these votes are presented to the U.S. House of Representatives on January 6, 2021."

Fuentes, like others on hand, had come to protest the hand recount of some 5 million votes that as of Thursday had former Vice President Joe Biden ahead by some 14,000 votes. On November 20, Georgia’s Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger and Governor Brian Kemp would certify that the vote had resulted in a Biden victory.[2]

Nick Fuentes, a white nationalist, had also appeared in Atlanta on Wednesday, pledging to appear every day until the big Saturday event being promoted nationally by the StoptheSteal.us.

This thread is off to a great start... 🍿

KEY POINTS
  • Capitol Police are investigating allegations by Democratic members of Congress that Republican lawmakers gave tours of the Capitol to supporters of President Donald Trump a day before a pro-Trump mob rioted there.
  • Rep. Mikie Sherrill, D-N.J., has said she saw “members of Congress who had groups coming through the Capitol ... a reconnaissance for the next day.”
  • The Jan. 6 riot caused members of Congress, along with Vice President Mike Pence, to flee ongoing proceedings in the Senate and House of Representatives to seek safety in secure locations. Congress that day was confirming the election of Joe Biden as president.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Ok, so.. I know I throw the words, "traitor" and "criminal" around a lot when talking about Republicans, but c'mon guys. I actually hope this isn't true, but if it is.. if it's not treason, it's accessory to attempted murder at least.

These Republican congress people, people who swore an oath to protect and defend the Constitution - were directing white supremacists to find and murder members of the United States Congress, just because they disagree with them politically.. If the allegations are true.

It's bad.
The 1/6 committee has subpoenaed loudermilk for it.

https://www.npr.org/2022/05/19/1100...aker-it-says-led-a-capitol-tour-before-the-at

he denied it of course.

But then he found out they have video so now he admits it, but says they were harmless and he's being persecuted because they were wearing red baseball caps.

YOu know how you can tell when a republican is lying?

Articles over a year old are important issues to discuss apparently. Maybe it was a slow news day? End of May is approaching and gotta and meet the requirements of starting a 1/6 reference thread this month. Maybe some folks are just a little slower than others in reading news articles.
It's a current issue.

Any excuse to explain away an article over a year old.
Fox News may think they buried the story and swept it under the rug. I know Trump and his supporters are eager to move on from this- but the law doesn’t care about News cycles and popular trending stories. It grinds much more slowly and the investigations into this are just beginning. The law may be slow, but it’s not stupid.

Fox News may think they buried the story and swept it under the rug, but the law doesn’t care about News cycles. It grind much more slowly, and the investigations into this are just beginning. The law may be slow, but it’s not stupid.
Ok none of that is any excuse to use a news article over a year old. Why not use a more recent one with the most up to date information?

Ok none of that is any excuse to use a news article over a year old. Why not use a more recent one with the most up to date information?
I believe it’s already been done on this thread.

Articles over a year old are important issues to discuss apparently. Maybe it was a slow news day? End of May is approaching and gotta and meet the requirements of starting a 1/6 reference thread this month. Maybe some folks are just a little slower than others in reading news articles.
I think posting this old story was very prudent as it shows that what we see in the news today is not new at all. It was know from the very beginning. That we have elected officials actively trying to overthrow the government.
The only reason this story "slept" so long is because the person in charge of checking the story in 2021 is one of the traitors and lied about it not having occurred.

Problem now, how do we get rid of the traitors when half the congress and most of SCOTUS are actively aiding the coup?

See my post just above.

"....the intentional failure to remember can constitute perjury...."

;)

Let me know when Chuck Schumer mingles with white nationalists and insurrectionists and then we can talk about the threat posed by his tours of the Senate.
The point is tours are common and the "White Nationalist" and Insurrectionist claims, you're owners would be proud of how well trained you are to repeat their claims ad nauseum.

Back
Top Bottom