• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If this is true - This is BAD!!!

lurchadams

Zoom Warrior
Banned
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

KEY POINTS
  • Capitol Police are investigating allegations by Democratic members of Congress that Republican lawmakers gave tours of the Capitol to supporters of President Donald Trump a day before a pro-Trump mob rioted there.
  • Rep. Mikie Sherrill, D-N.J., has said she saw “members of Congress who had groups coming through the Capitol ... a reconnaissance for the next day.”
  • The Jan. 6 riot caused members of Congress, along with Vice President Mike Pence, to flee ongoing proceedings in the Senate and House of Representatives to seek safety in secure locations. Congress that day was confirming the election of Joe Biden as president.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Ok, so.. I know I throw the words, "traitor" and "criminal" around a lot when talking about Republicans, but c'mon guys. I actually hope this isn't true, but if it is.. if it's not treason, it's accessory to attempted murder at least.

These Republican congress people, people who swore an oath to protect and defend the Constitution - were directing white supremacists to find and murder members of the United States Congress, just because they disagree with them politically.. If the allegations are true.

It's bad.

KEY POINTS
  • Capitol Police are investigating allegations by Democratic members of Congress that Republican lawmakers gave tours of the Capitol to supporters of President Donald Trump a day before a pro-Trump mob rioted there.
  • Rep. Mikie Sherrill, D-N.J., has said she saw “members of Congress who had groups coming through the Capitol ... a reconnaissance for the next day.”
  • The Jan. 6 riot caused members of Congress, along with Vice President Mike Pence, to flee ongoing proceedings in the Senate and House of Representatives to seek safety in secure locations. Congress that day was confirming the election of Joe Biden as president.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Ok, so.. I know I throw the words, "traitor" and "criminal" around a lot when talking about Republicans, but c'mon guys. I actually hope this isn't true, but if it is.. if it's not treason, it's accessory to attempted murder at least.

These Republican congress people, people who swore an oath to protect and defend the Constitution - were directing white supremacists to find and murder members of the United States Congress, just because they disagree with them politically.. If the allegations are true.

It's bad.
As thousands of members of the US congress were murdered or 'forced to flee' surely your title requires at least a thousand exclamation marks, rater than a measly three.

Has the article been updated since January 16, 2021?

As thousands of members of the US congress were murdered or 'forced to flee' surely your title requires at least a thousand exclamation marks, rater than a measly three.
Sorry, friend we only have 435.

Has the article been updated since January 16, 2021?
Articles over a year old are important issues to discuss apparently. Maybe it was a slow news day? End of May is approaching and gotta and meet the requirements of starting a 1/6 reference thread this month. Maybe some folks are just a little slower than others in reading news articles.

Articles over a year old are important issues to discuss apparently. Maybe it was a slow news day? End of May is approaching and gotta and meet the requirements of starting a 1/6 reference thread this month. Maybe some folks are just a little slower than others in reading news articles.
And, as expected, the MAGA gas lighting begins. You're right on queue, my friend, thank you!

And, as expected, the MAGA gas lighting begins. You're right on queue, my friend, thank you!
Any excuse to explain away an article over a year old.

Please don't tell me that there's not cameras all over the place in the building? I mean..Duh..
Well, that congresswoman, a lawyer and military aviator would have to be lying... don't you think she's smart enough to know she'd be found out if the cameras didn't confirm her accusations?

You posted an article from January 2021. Is that how the forum works now…you post an old article and it’s up to others to search for new ones?

That’s a broken link FYI.
Attempt to gaslight all you want, friend. I said in my OP I hope it isn't true. All you want to do is attack, attack, attack. So it's free country - have at it!

Any excuse to explain away an article over a year old.
I love the MAGA paranoia - your guys are about to be found out, friend - the 1/6 committee's consulted with Hollywood folks to make sure their presentation has maximum impact.

Tik, tik, tik... 😱

I am at my happiest, while awash in trumpist tears.

KEY POINTS
I don't get it?

Were Capitol tours illegal?

You must be kidding? Traitor... Accessory to attempted murder...

You all have gone completely off the rails.

It's bad.
As soon as any of that is established get back to me... In other words, I won't be hearing from you.

LMMFAO... Off the rails seem a rather large understatement.

Just a side note, the article was published over 16 months ago and it still says "Five people died during the riot, including a Capitol Police officer, Brian Sicknick, who was killed by members of the mob." It's been 16 months and they still haven't corrected those lies... Five people weren't killed at the Capitol that day, that officer died a few days later of natural causes, and the only person who was killed was a female protestor shot by Capitol police, who was unarmed and not posing a threat to police or anyone else.

I don't get it?

Were Capitol tours illegal?

You must be kidding? Traitor... Accessory to attempted murder...

You all have gone completely off the rails.

As soon as any of that is established get back to me... In other words, I won't be hearing from you.

LMMFAO... Off the rails seem a rather large understatement.

Just a side note, the article was published over 16 months ago and it still says "Five people died during the riot, including a Capitol Police officer, Brian Sicknick, who was killed by members of the mob." It's been 16 months and they still haven't corrected those lies... Five people weren't killed at the Capitol that day, that officer died a few days later of natural causes, and the only person who was killed was a female protestor shot by Capitol police, who was unarmed and not posing a threat to police or anyone else.
I know, my friend. I know you're scared. Even though I said "I hope it isn't true" you ignored that and went right to the attack.

Also, a "tour" if that's all they were is fine. Let me ask you this though - the asshole that defiled Pelosi's office - how did he find it?

I love the MAGA paranoia - your guys are about to be found out, friend - the 1/6 committee's consulted with Hollywood folks to make sure their presentation has maximum impact.

Tik, tik, tik... 😱

I am at my happiest, while awash in trumpist tears.
Your vivid imagination and spot on caricature is what make your posts entertaining

Attempt to gaslight all you want, friend. I said in my OP I hope it isn't true. All you want to do is attack, attack, attack. So it's free country - have at it!
Seems to me you got aroused by year-and-a-half old news.

Your vivid imagination and spot on caricature is what make your posts entertaining
Oh, I agree! Thank you - my imagination and my creativity, along with my freakishly high intelligence are the things I love most about myself.

That and my absolutely perfectly-sized junk. <--- that was a joke. It's really tiny! <---- ok that was a joke - both women I've been with could not stop telling me how, "adequate" it was. <--- ok, that was a joke as well. Sorry!

But seriously, why don't we wait until the end of the investigation. It'll only be a another couple of week then all will be revealed by the 1/6 folk.

I'm sure you're on the edge of your seat :)

Well, that congresswoman, a lawyer and military aviator would have to be lying... don't you think she's smart enough to know she'd be found out if the cameras didn't confirm her accusations?
My point was: Wouldn't somebody or everybody have seen that before? I mean, it's been quite awhile ago? You would think that nobody should
have to point that out. :)

My point was: Wouldn't somebody or everybody have seen that before? I mean, it's been quite awhile ago? You would think that nobody should
have to point that out. :)
Well just to reiterate and hopefully not to be too redundant I hope it isn't true.

Also, a "tour" if that's all they were is fine. Let me ask you this though - the asshole that defiled Pelosi's office - how did he find it?
I don't know... Are you saying he was on that tour?

Where did you read that?

The article said there was limited public access, not that tours were prohibited.

In a Thursday letter to Representative Barry Loudermilk, the top two members of the panel said investigators had obtained evidence that the Georgia Republican had led a tour through parts of the Capitol complex on Jan. 5, 2021, when it was closed to visitors because of pandemic restrictions.

Back
Top Bottom