• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If this happens, it's all over for Trump

Ah yes I have heard stories that aliens in spaceships came and dropped off some orbs with the special powers to see onto minds of people you dont know of which you claim.

You got a defective one.

I gave you an out but suit yourself.

Yip this is just another brick in the wall, and this one is far more than then ten feet tall.

When trump and the rest of his family are behind it they will learn exactly what Constantinna wire is...

"Concertina wire," but yes.

FWIW, razors of the sort found in concertina wire hadn't been invented in the time of Constantine. LOL

Why, exactly? Seriously?
Because the oligarchs are Putin by extension and the data would be used to design social media campaigns, targeted etc based on this information to throw the election in the favor of Donald Trump; it would be the Smoking Gun for conspiracy / collusion

Giving Aid and comfort to a country that is attacking our country if not technically treason ( because Russia is not an officially declared enemy the requisite for the definition of treason per the Constitution) it is a betrayal of America it would constitute a high crime by any reasonable person in Congress and the Senate

If Mueller has proof that Trump was aware of and condoned manafort's giving private presidential polling data to the various Russian oligarchs, he's toast

What a bunch of main stream media lying hokey.

Why, exactly? Seriously?

It probably isn't a legal problem for Trump. But it is without doubt a political problem.

Look at it this way: Nobody claimed Mrs. Clinton set up a private server so as to make it easier for foreigner countries to steal classified information. But it was a political problem for her and for a while a legal one.

~ I wonder who Putin will pick for our next president ...?:2razz:

Like Bill Clinton picked Boris Yeltsin? Or do you believe this is the only time in history that Russia has meddled in America's elections, or that America doesn't have a long and storied history of meddling in the politics of other countries?

Like Bill Clinton picked Boris Yeltsin? Or do you believe this is the only time in history that Russia has meddled in America's elections, or that America doesn't have a long and storied history of meddling in the politics of other countries?

Your attempt to trivialize the Russian attack aside,
There has been meddling of course but nothing like the Russians did in 2016 it's the scale of it that's new

It probably isn't a legal problem for Trump. But it is without doubt a political problem.

Look at it this way: Nobody claimed Mrs. Clinton set up a private server so as to make it easier for foreigner countries to steal classified information. But it was a political problem for her and for a while a legal one.

If Trump knew and condoned it I believe it will be a legal one. It's called conspiracy against the United States

If Mueller has proof that Trump was aware of and condoned manafort's giving private presidential polling data to the various Russian oligarchs, he's toast

I've been predicting the end of Trump's campaign / presidency since the day he announced. I don't think anything short of him being caught in the sack with Putin will get him impeached at this point.

Back in the 80s we had a mobster in NY - John Gotti - who was nicknamed "The Teflon Don" because try as they might the Feds could not pin a crime on him. They did eventually but it took years. The Don could teach that one a thing or two about being teflon

"Concertina wire," but yes.

FWIW, razors of the sort found in concertina wire hadn't been invented in the time of Constantine. LOL

Yeah, I new I had that wrong but I was in a hurry so I figured it was close enough

Yeah, I new I had that wrong but I was in a hurry so I figured it was close enough

LOL...Well, it didn't impede my "reading around" the error and accurately sussing what you had in mind....so I guess it was "close enough." LOL

Because it is proof of the Trump campaign and the Kremlin conducting a conspiracy to defraud the U.S. That's exactly and seriously why.

Sharing polling data? That's a stretch.

However, if Trump gave the order to do so and it can be proven that he did, then that does show his knowledge of Russian involvement, although not enough IMHO for full collusion (conspiracy) - it's damn sure enough IMHO for at least one count of Impeachment.

Why?

How about the Hillary Campaign paying $MILLIONS to hire a foreign spy via FUSION GPS, to involve Kremlin-linked Russians in the election, to provide PHONY DIRT, then illegally used by the Obama Swamp for FISA warrants, as well as FUSION GPS using Veselnitskaya to SET UP a phony meeting?

That all "OK" with you?

Because the oligarchs are Putin by extension and the data would be used to design social media campaigns, targeted etc based on this information to throw the election in the favor of Donald Trump; it would be the Smoking Gun for conspiracy / collusion

Giving Aid and comfort to a country that is attacking our country if not technically treason ( because Russia is not an officially declared enemy the requisite for the definition of treason per the Constitution) it is a betrayal of America it would constitute a high crime by any reasonable person in Congress and the Senate

Seriously? Sharing polling data? Like the Russians couldn't have paid for a poll of their own, like they paid for all the BS social media campaigns you mentioned?

Let's be realistic here and not go nuts in a way that will lessen the impact of evidence of actual conspiracy when it surfaces. Stay in the realm of reality and let's not wander off into the land of wishes and wants just because we both want him removed from office.

Well put. Agreed.

Why?

How about the Hillary Campaign paying $MILLIONS to hire a foreign spy via FUSION GPS, to involve Kremlin-linked Russians in the election, to provide PHONY DIRT, then illegally used by the Obama Swamp for FISA warrants, as well as FUSION GPS using Veselnitskaya to SET UP a phony meeting?

That all "OK" with you?

And where is Hillary now. So I guess Trump should join Hillary on the sideline

Why?

That all "OK" with you?

All CT bull**** that has been thoroughly debunked. Hillary has been investigated for over 25 years, and they haven't found anything they can pin on her.

But, you'll keep harping on it, no doubt.

Seriously? Sharing polling data? Like the Russians couldn't have paid for a poll of their own, like they paid for all the BS social media campaigns you mentioned?

Let's be realistic here and not go nuts in a way that will lessen the impact of evidence of actual conspiracy when it surfaces. Stay in the realm of reality and let's not wander off into the land of wishes and wants just because we both want him removed from office.

Russia embarked on a massive campaign to influence the election. The private polling data could have been used (noting that public and private data was given ) to help Russia hone in their social media campaign. While private polling data might seem innocuous on the face of it, but if Trump was helping russia attack us by coordinating with them, now we got a legal problem. that is "conspiracy" ( collusion ).

Russia embarked on a massive campaign to influence the election. The private polling data could have been used (noting that public and private data was given ) to help Russia hone in their social media campaign. While private polling data might seem innocuous on the face of it, but if Trump was helping russia attack us by coordinating with them, now we got a legal problem. that is "conspiracy" ( collusion ).

That's still a stretch.

That's still a stretch.

No, it's not.

WHY would Trump campaign want to share data with Russia other than to improve their chances of winning the election?

Or ... could it be that Trump, not believing he was going to be elected, was still trying to curry favor with Putin to get his Trump Tower Moscow off the ground? Life after the campaign?

He apparently was still involved in that, even though he initially lied about it. If Putin asked for something, why wouldn't Trump give it to him? He was prepared to give Putin a multi-million dollar penthouse suite if that's what it took to get Putin to sign off on the deal. What's a little polling data (between friends)?

It's also possible that Russian interference was just to see how effective the manipulation of social media could be on a foreign electorate. Perhaps it was far more effective than they ever imagined.

Trump will attack ANYONE. Beauty queens, political opponents, babies, war widows, gold star families, disabled reporters, members of his own administration, our intelligence services, the JCS, ANYONE.

But Putin could take a dump in Trump's mouth and Trump wouldn't say shT! He will not say a single word critical of Putin and he will not allow anyone in his presence to do so, either. Every time anyone has suggested something bad about Putin or Russia, Trump has immediately refuted or deflected the criticism.

Would it bother any Trump supporter if Trump were to say "Yeah, I gave them what they wanted. I was still working toward a major construction job in Moscow. I didn't know how the election would turn out. Why wouldn't I give 'em what they wanted? It's called greasing the wheels and it's done all the time in big business. I'm still hoping to get that deal done."? Would it bother you at all?

Collusion? Or facilitated the interference in the election? As long as Trump himself didn't interfere, what difference does it make what the Russians did? "Sure, I gave them the keys to the safe, but I didn't rob the bank, they did. Why you talking to me?"

No, it's not.

WHY would Trump campaign want to share data with Russia other than to improve their chances of winning the election?

Or ... could it be that Trump, not believing he was going to be elected, was still trying to curry favor with Putin to get his Trump Tower Moscow off the ground? Life after the campaign?

He apparently was still involved in that, even though he initially lied about it. If Putin asked for something, why wouldn't Trump give it to him? He was prepared to give Putin a multi-million dollar penthouse suite if that's what it took to get Putin to sign off on the deal. What's a little polling data (between friends)?

It's also possible that Russian interference was just to see how effective the manipulation of social media could be on a foreign electorate. Perhaps it was far more effective than they ever imagined.

Trump will attack ANYONE. Beauty queens, political opponents, babies, war widows, gold star families, disabled reporters, members of his own administration, our intelligence services, the JCS, ANYONE.

But Putin could take a dump in Trump's mouth and Trump wouldn't say shT! He will not say a single word critical of Putin and he will not allow anyone in his presence to do so, either. Every time anyone has suggested something bad about Putin or Russia, Trump has immediately refuted or deflected the criticism.

Would it bother any Trump supporter if Trump were to say "Yeah, I gave them what they wanted. I was still working toward a major construction job in Moscow. I didn't know how the election would turn out. Why wouldn't I give 'em what they wanted? It's called greasing the wheels and it's done all the time in big business. I'm still hoping to get that deal done."? Would it bother you at all?

Collusion? Or facilitated the interference in the election? As long as Trump himself didn't interfere, what difference does it make what the Russians did? "Sure, I gave them the keys to the safe, but I didn't rob the bank, they did. Why you talking to me?"

I'm not defending Trump, so you can stop acting like I am.

I'm not defending Trump, so you can stop acting like I am.

I did not intend to imply you were defending Trump. You were, however, making a point that it is unreasonable to think that either the Trump campaign was sharing data, or if they were, it is no big deal.

I'm simply pointing out that it is entirely possible that the contacts with the Russians had more to do with Trump wanting to get his Tower Moscow built than in manipulating the outcome of the election. Maybe you think that is a stretch as well.

No president has ever been more deferring to any foreign leader, let alone an historical rival, even adversary, than Trump has been with Putin. With as arrogant as Trump has been with literally every other political leader on the planet, why is Putin the single solitary exception? Here are some stretches for you:

1. Putin has something incredibly embarrassing on Trump.

2. Putin has something criminal such as money laundering on Trump.

3. Putin has something criminal on one of Trump's kids.

Or, as I have already pointed out, Trump wants that Tower in Moscow built.

Why do you think Trump sucks Putin to the exclusion of every other world leader?

Back
Top Bottom