• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If they take control of the House and Senate, will the GOP appose any move to help Ukraine and Balkan states countries against Russia

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
It seem that some of the GOP and Trump support the Russian attack on Ukraine. I guess I wonder if the GOP takes control of the House and the Senate in 2022, will they take action to stop the USA from supporting Ukraine and perhaps the Balkan state,s that have joined NATO, against any Russian aggression?

It seem that some of the GOP and Trump support the Russian attack on Ukraine. I guess I wonder if the GOP takes control of the House and the Senate in 2022, will they take action to stop the USA from supporting Ukraine and perhaps the Balkan state,s that have joined NATO, against any Russian aggression?

Currently the Right is divided on Russia. Some of them want us to do more against Russia, others want us to do nothing at all, not even sanctions.

One thing's for sure, if the Repubs take either house of Congress, get ready for a huge clown show. 🤡

I'll make it simple, obvious & undeniable
😊👍Under Trump = no invasion!
😥Under Obama = Putin invaded!
😥Under Biden = Putin invaded!

Gee, it's almost as if all the leftist elites and democrats are trying to cover for Biden's catastrophic foreign policy blunders, by using the old "orange man bad" projection!

Last edited:
If memory serves, Romney was the only GOP Senator who felt holding up military aid to Ukraine as part of an extortion plot was problematic.
Pretty much this. The GOP only cares about backing Trump / avoiding shows of disloyalty to Trump. Little else matters. Therefore if he says support Ukraine, they’ll support Ukraine. If he says he prefers Russia, they’ll fall in line. If he avoids the subject then they’ll stick with his current messaging that Ukraine is corrupt and Russia is a great nation led by a brilliant leader.

Let's make it simple and obvious.
Under Trump = no invasion!
Under Obama = Putin invaded!
Under Biden = Putin invaded!

Gee, it's almost as if all the leftist elites and democrats are trying to cover for Biden's catastrophic foreign policy blunders, by using the old "orange man bad" projection!
Yes, we're aware right wingers like to oversimplify things.

The GOP will be too busy spending billions of taxpayer money on investigating every Democrat they can think of. They won’t have time for any actual policy.

If memory serves, Romney was the only GOP Senator who felt holding up military aid to Ukraine as part of an extortion plot was problematic.
The Ukrainians got their aid during the Trump admin, and it didn't even get there late! The only one who provably tried to hold up a billion dollars in aid to Ukraine in a blackmail scheme(and bragged about doing it on video), was Joe Biden!

Here it is again:

The GOP will be too busy spending billions of taxpayer money on investigating every Democrat they can think of. They won’t have time for any actual policy.
Oh, you mean like the democrats have done for 5 straight years now?? Project much?

This may be true about America but it is not true about the GOP. The GOP stands not with America but with Trump, and Trump stands for whatever he saw on Fox two hours ago.

The Ukrainians got their aid during the Trump admin, and it didn't even get there late! The only one who provably tried to hold up a billion dollars in aid to Ukraine in a blackmail scheme(and bragged about doing it on video), was Joe Biden!

Here it is again:

You seem to forget that Trump tried to use the aide to get them to get dirt on Biden. THe congress had to finally force himm to send the aide.

This is truth. Repubs investigate so much that they end up investigating their own investigations...like Muller's.

Well let's see. Based on results, Obama sent blankets and Trump sent Javelins.
So, I'm going to say no.

Biden will veto anything along those lines. They won't have a veto proof vote. Now in 2025, that could be a different discussion. We hope not.

Here it is again:

PRAVDA noise. We know the truth over here.

I wonder what affect Russian sanctions will have on their political contributions.

Well let's see. Based on results, Obama sent blankets and Trump sent Javelins.
So, I'm going to say no.
Soooooo...what happened? Did Trump only send two Javelins? Looks like those Javelins weren't much of a deterrent, were they.

No. We see bi-partisan support for Ukraine right now. Nothing will change by next year, other than the conflict itself, of course.

This could be a defining moment. The divide in the GOP widens with this war.

Back
Top Bottom