• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If there is sufficient proof should Trump be indicted?

On December 19, 2020, President Trump, for all practical purposes, circled the date. The Times reports, "For weeks, President Trump and his supporters had been proclaiming Jan. 6, 2021, as a day of reckoning. A day to gather in Washington to “save America” and “stop the steal.”

“Big protest in D.C. on January 6th,” Trump tweeted on Dec. 19, just one of several of his tweets promoting the day. “Be there, will be wild!”

“We’re going to walk down to the Capitol, and we’re going to cheer on our brave senators and congressmen and women. You have to show strength, and you have to be strong.”

“When you catch somebody in a fraud, you are allowed to go by very different rules."

“We fight like hell and if you don’t fight like hell, you’re not going to have a country anymore.”

"Now it is up to Congress to confront this egregious assault on our democracy. And after this, we’re going to walk down, and I’ll be there with you. We are going to try and give them the kind of pride and boldness that they need to take back our country.”
*****************************************************************************************************Donald J. Trump, Jan. 6, 2021

Trump's personal lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, chimed in.

“If they ran such a clean election, they’d have you come in and look at the paper ballots. Who hides evidence? Criminals hide evidence. Not honest people. Over the next 10 days, we get to see the machines that are crooked, the ballots that are fraudulent, and if we’re wrong, we will be made fools of. But if we’re right, a lot of them will go to jail. Let’s have trial by combat."

On December 19, 2020, President Trump, for all practical purposes, circled the date. The Times reports, "For weeks, President Trump and his supporters had been proclaiming Jan. 6, 2021, as a day of reckoning. A day to gather in Washington to “save America” and “stop the steal.”

“Big protest in D.C. on January 6th,” Trump tweeted on Dec. 19, just one of several of his tweets promoting the day. “Be there, will be wild!”

“We’re going to walk down to the Capitol, and we’re going to cheer on our brave senators and congressmen and women. You have to show strength, and you have to be strong.”

“When you catch somebody in a fraud, you are allowed to go by very different rules."

“We fight like hell and if you don’t fight like hell, you’re not going to have a country anymore.”

"Now it is up to Congress to confront this egregious assault on our democracy. And after this, we’re going to walk down, and I’ll be there with you. We are going to try and give them the kind of pride and boldness that they need to take back our country.”
*****************************************************************************************************Donald J. Trump, Jan. 6, 2021

Trump's personal lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, chimed in.

“If they ran such a clean election, they’d have you come in and look at the paper ballots. Who hides evidence? Criminals hide evidence. Not honest people. Over the next 10 days, we get to see the machines that are crooked, the ballots that are fraudulent, and if we’re wrong, we will be made fools of. But if we’re right, a lot of them will go to jail.
The Jan 6 Comm. documented all this with testimony from first hand witnesses.

Trump led a coup attempt to overthrow the elected government culminating in the ransacking of our capitol on Jan. 6. Some died, 140 police were assaulted, the life of the vice-president was threatened, and the business of Congress was halted.

Trump said he would issue full pardons and a government apology to rioters who stormed the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021. “I am financially supporting people that are incredible and they were in my office actually two days ago, so they’re very much in my mind,” Trump said. “It’s a disgrace what they’ve done to them. What they’ve done to these people is disgraceful. I mean full pardons with an apology to many,” he told conservative radio host Wendy Bell on Thursday morning.

Members of his cult love that kind of talk. Trump is, after all, talking to them.

After his seven million vote defeat, Trump stole important documents from us.

"The expanded property list gives further detail of the volume of material seized by agents in the search and how it was intermingled with seemingly innocuous items such as newspaper clippings, photographs, books and clothing. It describes hundreds upon hundreds of U.S. government documents collected by investigators without any classification markings that were grouped in some cases with only a few documents that bore classification markings ranging from Confidential to Top Secret/SCI (Sensitive compartmented information)," ABC.

Trump and his followers are doing the bidding of our foreign adversaries by attacking the foundation of our democracy, free and fair elections. Trump and his misguided followers are still saying he won the election without ever producing evidence of such an outrageous lie.

It is entirely possible that Trump may be indicted for espionage, obstruction of justice, and/or sedition for Jan. 6.

Our President said recently, "There's no question that the Republican Party today is dominated, driven, and intimidated by Donald Trump and the 'MAGA Republicans,' and that is a threat to this country."

CNN reports, "If Republicans take back the House in the November midterm elections, that would give them unilateral subpoena power,"

And all of this would be swept under the rug.

Is that what we want?

Is that what Republicans want?

Or do they want to be done with the Trump curse?

Trump told the violent mob, "We love you." But, you know, who's to say.....
I'll repost what I posted in another thread, as it is applicable.

Trump and Trump's CFO are the same person and have committed the same acts? I hardly think so.

Anyone charged in the US legal system is obligated to the same treatment, else no one is 'equal before the law'. This is a US legal principal.
Why this legal principal escapes so many; why differing treatment 'under the law' is such a threat to nation escapes so many, all for the cause of hatred of a single individual, simply escapes me, with the exception that it's all politically motivated. So you resort to defacto conviction in the court of public opinion, where the left is not only overly represented, but represented by political activists falsely, bogusly calling themselves 'journalists'.

Everyone deserves, and is obligated to, equal treatment under the law, and that includes people that you hate, especially so, in fact.

Let me know when there are indictments and charges against that particular individual. Until then, you are pissing into the wind and all over yourself, it's embarrassing for you, but you do you, and I'll do me. 🤷‍♂️

Do please note that my position is not that anyone receives favorable treatment, only that everyone receives equal treatment, and you object to this? Says allot about you more than anyone else.

Trump and his followers are doing the bidding of our foreign adversaries by attacking the foundation of our democracy, free and fair elections. Trump and his misguided followers are still saying he won the election without ever producing evidence of such an outrageous lie.
I do not expect Trump Republicans to respond to the issues in these two posts.

Is the OP the prosecutor?
The OP is the one who started this thread and is the one I was talking to. Is that so hard for you to understand?

If it is, too bad. I don't care.

You are dismissed.

What part of “IF they find sufficient proof” did you miss. Hint: the key word is “if.”

But have a try at an answer: if they find sufficient evidence of Trump criminal activity, should Trump be indicted. I say yes. What say you?
What part of "You should be waiting to find out if there is "sufficient proof" before you should ask if Trump should be indicted." did YOU miss?

What part of "You should be waiting to find out if there is "sufficient proof" before you should ask if Trump should be indicted." did YOU miss?
I repeat, if there is sufficient evidence, should Trump be indicted? It’s a valid question, given his status and how unprecedented it would be. I imagine potential prosecutors will consider the enormity of such a move.

I repeat, if there is sufficient evidence, should Trump be indicted? It’s a valid question, given his status and how unprecedented it would be. I imagine potential prosecutors will consider the enormity of such a move.
So, you believe Trump is beyond human judgment?

So far there have been no indictments, but if they find sufficient proof should Trump be indicted?
1. No.

2. In theory, nobody is above the law.

3. In reality, some people are.

4. Does anyone think that any government would dare touch, for example, the 44th President? Of course, not! The consequences would be catastrophic for the nation.

5. Regardless of what one thinks about Donald J, Trump, millions of Americans think that he is the cat's meow.

a. If he were indicted, it would take just one nut (on either side!) to start an inferno.

6. A wise government should just let him self-destruct (which he seems to be doing very nicely).

a. Why make him a martyr?

1. No.

2. In theory, nobody is above the law.

3. In reality, some people are.

4. Does anyone think that any government would dare touch, for example, the 44th President? Of course, not! The consequences would be catastrophic for the nation.

5. Regardless of what one thinks about Donald J, Trump, millions of Americans think that he is the cat's meow.

a. If he were indicted, it would take just one nut (on either side!) to start an inferno.

6. A wise government should just let him self-destruct (which he seems to be doing very nicely).

a. Why make him a martyr?
Very offensive. You want people to commit crimes and get away with it. Shame on you.

So, you believe Trump is beyond human judgment?
No, but just as President Ford considered the prospect of an indictment of Nixon before his pardon, I imagine prosecutors in this case would consider the effect on the country. But given that Trump has accepted no responsibility for any wrongdoing in any of the pending potential cases, it would be a disservice to the nation not to indict.

Last edited:
No, but just as President Ford considered the prospect of an indictment of Nixon before his pardon, I imagine prosecutors in this case - given that Trump has accepted no responsibility for any wrongdoing in any of the pending potential cases, it would be a disservice to the nation not to indict.
Ford was saving his own ass and the GOP. He did not give a crap about the United States.

Very offensive. You want people to commit crimes and get away with it. Shame on you.
Every day people "get away" with robbing stores, sucker punching perfectly innocent people and brazenly looting stores.

They are always treated solicitously by woke prosecutors.

Why shouldn't a former President receive equal treatment?

Every day people "get away" with robbing stores, sucker punching perfectly innocent people and brazenly looting stores.

They are always treated solicitously by woke prosecutors.

Why shouldn't a former President receive equal treatment?
Absurd.

Here you go again...putting the cart before the horse.

You should be waiting to find out if there is "sufficient proof" before you should ask if Trump should be indicted.
Did you miss the first word of the headline?

It is "if"

You should be waiting to find out if there is "sufficient proof" before you should ask if Trump should be indicted.

W2oQAXW.gif

Tell us you have no understanding of basic English without telling us you have no understanding of basic english
😂🍿

No hypocrisy.

In those two situations, there aren't even investigations.

We all know Trump is a criminal just as we knew John Gotti was. Its just a matter of time.

That is literally the thread title. Good God.

If you are too terrified to tackle the question, don't open the thread.

Don't know how to respond. I think our nation is profoundly corrupt if we don't know Trump is guilty.
Some say genocide is bad, some say it is good...who's to say?
Guilty of having a rally? yes
Is there a statute against having a rally? no

So having the rally is not a crime.....and he himself, did not storm the capitol

And his speech is not a crime either....

So the government must prove that he ordered the attack.....and so far, that has not happened

SO based on FACTS, not opinions or feelings, or conjecture and theory, how is he guilty?

Back
Top Bottom