• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If the states were countries

azgreg

Chicks dig the long ball
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
If the states were their own separate countries how many wars would we have had by now?

If the states were their own separate countries how many wars would we have had by now?

Fewer, but each would be more vulnerable to attack since none would likely have become nuclear powers.

Fewer, but each would be more vulnerable to attack since none would likely have become nuclear powers.

13 US states have nuclear weapons. At least 7 have launch facilities and 7 production complexes.

since the beginning . . . . . .
wow probably a lot but im guessing with the wars there would be less and less countries so not a huge amount but maybe like 50

and thats just focusing on issues HERE and using the mind set that the world leaves it alone and doesnt swoop in and make claims. . . what happens in WWI or WWI etc

A ton.

And a number of States would have taken over other States.

The imperial powers of Europe and/or Asia would have consumed the States.

The imperial powers of Europe and/or Asia would have consumed the States.

History is taught differently in the states. It's singularly focused meaning the prime events are all within what is now the continental United States.

England was already in a tough war. France was still a player in North America, and Spain wasn't out of the hunt for colonies either. And, the giant waisteland to the north was growing and growin, gaining attention in Europe, at that time basically 3 colonies which was draining English war chests.The individual colonies could only survive if they stood together. Once one of them attacked another, all of Europe would have been in there to scavenge what they could.

History is taught differently in the states. It's singularly focused meaning the prime events are all within what is now the continental United States.

England was already in a tough war. France was still a player in North America, and Spain wasn't out of the hunt for colonies either. And, the giant waisteland to the north was growing and growin, gaining attention in Europe, at that time basically 3 colonies which was draining English war chests.The individual colonies could only survive if they stood together. Once one of them attacked another, all of Europe would have been in there to scavenge what they could.
I'm not sure what you are trying to tell me that I don't already know, or that wasn't covered by what I said, that you quoted.

History is mealy a matter of prospective, to form a nation you need people that are of a like mind in prospectives. Thus each nation may put it's own spin on history, but the truth is still out there, for those that chose to seek it. A true history book has a full bibtloghphy were it's assertions are backed up by empirical facts.

Rare in these days, as people are no longer able to see the difference between empirical facts and opinions.

Largely, in the US, history was just taught in grammar school as a collection of names, places, and dates, because those were all empirical facts that it did no good to deny, and the why was left for further study if one chose to study such things as to not embroil grammar schools into the world of politics where the why is almost always in the eye of the beholder.

Interesting topic ..

@CaughtInThe , which states do you believe this would include?
States were taken over by other states, the south was conquered by the north, because they were more populous, educated, and advanced in the art, technology, economics, and manufacturing of warfare.

Yep, but that was from a federal government program.
Given the OP was purely hypothetical, it is no less hypothetical to imagine states becoming independent countries and keep all facilities, incl fed govt. The fed govt wouldn't allow that, but the OP is, entirely, imagination so it is relevant what I say. I'll let you be in my imagination if you let me be in yours. Apologies to Bob Dylan.

Back
Top Bottom