• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If the repubs regain the house and the econmy improves will they take credit for it?

If the repubs regain the house and the economy inproves will they take credit for it?

• Absolutely that's what politicians do!

Votes: 33 91.7%
  • They'll be smart enough not to take full credit to make it look believable.

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • No they know better than that

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters

EnigmaO01

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
If the republicans regain the house and the economy improved dramatically in the short run --due to policies enacted by the democrats and the president -- will the republicans be as shallow as to take credit for it?

I think so.

Re: If the repubs regain the house and the econmy improves will they take credit for

For the economy to really improve for all, it will take a huge attitude change on both sides..
This takes time.
If the GOP does regain power, and this will be difficult, the economy will worsen due to their policy of obstruction..

Re: If the repubs regain the house and the econmy improves will they take credit for

For the economy to really improve for all, it will take a huge attitude change on both sides..
This takes time.
If the GOP does regain power, and this will be difficult, the economy will worsen due to their policy of obstruction..

BIN, I'm actually seeing a major uptick in my area in the economy. I live on a major highway and have never seen so much commerce in several years. Maybe if the media would stop focusing on doom and gloom more employers would hire.

BIN, I'm actually seeing a major uptick in my area in the economy. I live on a major highway and have never seen so much commerce in several years. Maybe if the media would stop focusing on doom and gloom more employers would hire.

A bad economy doesn't mean all wheels come to a screeching halt. :roll:

Of course they will. It's not a Republican thing though, the Democrats would do the exact same thing. Politics is rife with officials blaming their mistakes on others and taking credit for the good things others did.

In your hypothetical? Possibly.

Are we suprised?

If the republicans take over and the economy worsens due to the policies put in place by Democrats previously, will Democrats blame the republicans on it?

My guess would be prossibly to that as well.

That's politics. Its hillarious that you're acting like one side is somehow more above the frey than the others.

Lets continue hypotheticals. If republicans pass new economic legislation and the economy improves, will Democrats give credit to the republicans or talk about the prosperity under Obama and laud the credit onto him? History tells us the latter.

If the republicans regain the house and the economy improved dramatically in the short run --due to policies enacted by the democrats and the president -- will the republicans be as shallow as to take credit for it?

I think so.

Who really gives a ****? You? You want to make sure Democrats get credit?

Of course they would. The Dems would do the exact same thing.

Its hillarious that you're acting like one side is somehow more above the frey than the others.

I never did any such thing. You'll note my option "that's what politicians do" did not say republican politicians.

I never did any such thing. You'll note my option "that's what politicians do" did not say republican politicians.

Here is the question I find more intriguing, if Republicans take over and enact their own economic legislation and the economy worsens, will they take responsibility or claim it is Obama's fault?

Here is the question I find more intriguing, if Republicans take over and enact their own economic legislation and the economy worsens, will they take responsibility or claim it is Obama's fault?

Isn't it obvious what they will do?

Isn't it obvious what they will do?

No, because the GOP economic policies always work to increase the gains for the top earners, so to them even if the Middle Class falls further behind, as long as the most wealthy see an increase, their economic model worked.

Have the Democrats admitted to the obvious failure of welfare yet? They've ruined millions of lives through Welfare, yet I haven't seen a single one blamed or one confess to this massive scam. It took decades to completely ruin a generation of citizens, but while in charge for 40 years they managed to do it. When we string them up for doing that; I'll admit to a few years where the Republicans made errors.

I think so.
It's like déjà vu, all over again! — Yogi Berra

Wasn't that exactly what happened back in the 90s? Yup.

Last edited:

I would assume so.

By the same token, if the republicans take control of congress and the economy keeps falling, they'll get blamed for it by their opponents.

Because, as we all know, if something goes wrong, it's the other side’s fault, but if something goes right, every last politician had something to do with

We are in a slow recovery after the worst recession since the Great Depression. Things are probably not going to get considerably better or worse for a long time. The Republicans are promising to make jobs, and when they fail to deliver, their excitement will be short lived in the 2012 elections. By then people will be asking whether Obama's decisions, regardless of how unpopular they may have been, were the necessary decisions to be made. All this hysteria generated by the tea party is about as useless as Obama's rhetoric if it doesn't yield results. That is the thing that neither Republicans nor Democrats can ever seem to figure out. People don't give a crap about how fancy your speeches and slogans are or about your ideology. The American people want results. What the Republicans are promising is something they cannot deliver. In fact, what they are promising, to dramatically cut the deficit by reducing spending, would likely cause greater job loss and an even slower recovery.

The fact of the matter is that even if Republicans win big this election, they will continue the same tactics they have been using so that they can continue to blame the Democrats and further their own political aspirations. They really don't care about making jobs for Americans. They will do better politically the worse off America becomes financially.

What they'll do is take credit when the economy makes small strides forward (like it is now) and they'll suddenly claim that those small steps are positive - though right now, they claim those small steps are disastrous.

THAT is what politicians do.

And if it worsens, they'll still blame it on Obama...or Clinton.

I think so.

No more than the current administration denies any fault for the current economic situation.

Politicians take credit for things they didn’t do and deny and blame others for things they did do.

A bad economy doesn't mean all wheels come to a screeching halt. :roll:

Of course not but I wasn't referring to that. I was referring to an apparent resurgance of commerce on the highway in front of my house. When the the economy seemed to be at it's lowest point you possibly would not see a car or truck for several minutes or longer. Now it's non stop. That's got to mean something.

My business has also picked up and the odd thing is this is not supposed to be the busiest time of year for me.

Last edited:

If you ask me, the Republicans intended to throw this last Presidential election. Are you kidding?! They didn't want their names on the effed up mess left behind by the last eight years of the worst president in history to date. Oh yea, and I do mean they threw this past election with choosing the crypt keeper and then his choosing Sarah Palin. How convinent to let the Dems "hold it" for at least 4 years to maximize an assault on them. It fits right into their chickenhawk mentality. Of course they will take credit for any gains!

Of course not but I wasn't referring to that. I was referring to an apparent resurgence of commerce on the highway in front of my house. When the economy seemed to be at its lowest point you possibly would not see a car or truck for several minutes or longer. Now it's nonstop. That's got to mean something.

My business has also picked up and the odd thing is this is not supposed to be the busiest time of year for me.
Someone farted in a nearby town and people are taking vacations (as the fart is lingering for an unexpectedly long time)?

If you want predictions heres one.

When the republicans become the majority this election season they will not gain enough seats to stop a fillibuster. The Dems will use that to their advantage and will become the party which "stalls" without saying "No" like the republicans have had to do since loosing their seats this last elections. Because of this not much that the republicans want to get done, will get done. So much of their "promises" will be unkept. This will of course hurt them for the next election. To be honest it is because of this that I have doubts as to weather Obamas HCR will actually get repealed.

Of course if the republicans do happen to gain a filibuster proof majority then the Dems will become the party of "No" and the last couple of years of calling the republicans the party of "no" will have been conviently "forgotten" by them.

I'm not necessarly putting down the Dems for any of this, it's just how politics work now adays. Both parties will do the exact same "bad things" that they previously called the other group out on the moment that it is convient for them to do so.

This is what happens when you vote for the "lesser of two evils" which is so common now adays.

If you want predictions heres one.

When the republicans become the majority this election season they will not gain enough seats to stop a fillibuster. The Dems will use that to their advantage and will become the party which "stalls" without saying "No" like the republicans have had to do since loosing their seats this last elections. Because of this not much that the republicans want to get done, will get done. So much of their "promises" will be unkept. This will of course hurt them for the next election. To be honest it is because of this that I have doubts as to weather Obamas HCR will actually get repealed.

Of course if the republicans do happen to gain a filibuster proof majority then the Dems will become the party of "No" and the last couple of years of calling the republicans the party of "no" will have been conviently "forgotten" by them.

I'm not necessarly putting down the Dems for any of this, it's just how politics work now adays. Both parties will do the exact same "bad things" that they previously called the other group out on the moment that it is convient for them to do so.

This is what happens when you vote for the "lesser of two evils" which is so common now adays.

Except that now that the Democrats have busted a filibuster using the Reconciliation Rule, back during the healthcare bill debate, the Republicans are free to bypass any filibusters themselves. Payback is a bitch.

I think so.

This is a joke right? The Trifecta of Doom, Obama, Pelosi, Reid, and Cadre of Radicals dumb asses, freaks and weirdos who no occupy almost every inch of D.C. today have yet to do anything worth saving leaving in place to cause more damage to the economy.

Obama's only success has been letting the Black Panthers off the hook, calling Police Stupid for doing their jobs, and Oh yes he and his wife have spent record amounts of our tax money running around the world taking large numbers of people on our dime.

I think anyone is entitled to little time off, but shouldn't be required that id come after you actually accomplished something more that flying some Pizza cook out from Texas at the cost to tax payers tens of thousands of dollars so Obama can brag about over Pizza ans beer for lunch.

He acts like he hit the welfare lottery.

Back
Top Bottom