• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If the Republicans take back the house should they impeach Biden?

If the House goes Red should Republicans impeach Biden?

• Total voters
Joe Biden violated his oath of office when he decided to extend the moratorium of having to pay rent, knowing it was illegal.
You just gave a reason to have Impeached President Donald Trump other than the reasons that were used to Impeach him since that order and moratorium on evictions began on Trump's watch.
Republicans will impeach him for something else instead :-/
When Donny gets reelected after the Republicans regain power in November should Impeach Donald for his engaging the Nation in that illegal eviction moratorium you want to Impeach Joe Biden for.

Right?

You just gave a reason to have Impeached President Donald Trump other than the reasons that were used to Impeach him since that order and moratorium on evictions began on Trump's watch.

I supported both impeachments of Trump, however, in this case, SCOTUS ruled that POTUS did not have that authority during the Biden administration... And then Biden did it anyway.

Except that was a lie. As I showed.

Why are you posting lies about the lies?

Then it's not a "DNC dirty trick", now is it?

This is incredibly stupid, especially since we know they didn't fail to hack either the DNC or Podesta and they released the information to hurt Clinton.

Not according to every major intelligence and investigative agency in America. They all concluded Russia was assisting Trump.

Are you really posting lies about this? Are you telling me, at the bare minimum, Don Jr., Kushner, and Manafort did not meet with "Russian government attorney" to get information on Clinton?

Are you really saying this thing that Donald Jr. himself provided emails of didn't happen?

Trump defenders are the worst liars. You're literally lying to protect Trump from something even his own campaign admitted happen. Just a complete and total lack of honesty.
Where did you disprove that the DNC did not pay for the Steele Dossier? I've repeated that this is the primary dirty trick that concerns me, so how you could miss that, I cannot imagine.

The dirty trick was not to claim Russia originated the hacks; it was to make accusations of Trump's collusion with Russia without evidence. Again, this was clearly stated.

The Russians have always been willing to use every tactic to sow discord. That they attacked the DNC as well as the voting records is just more evidence of that, and nothing more.

The Russians appeared to assist Trump because they helped sow division in American politics. It would not be surprising to learn that Russian intelligence projected Trump's legitimate win, knew that Dems would go insane, and realized exactly how they could play the Mad Libs to undermine the country-- which they did.

I stated earlier that Trump's people met with Russia to get dirt on the Dems. This is not illegal, or the DNC would be in jail for their use of the illicit Steele Dossier. Sad that you really can't keep track of the argument.

I consider a balanced view of the way politicians attack each other to be the hallmark of probity. And to repeat, the DNC's lies were far more broadly deceitful than any of Trump's. Many conservatives learned to take Trump's pronouncements with a grain of salt, like the idea of the Ukrainian server. But you Mad Libs believe every fairy tale the DNC tells you, without realistic evaluation.

I fully opposed the actions of impeaching Trump, once again I saw my Party at the time, that it was overstepping and not doing the right thing.
Can you explain why?

Did not Trump try to extort Ukraine over military aid?

Did he no spark the riot at the capitol?

Where did you disprove that the DNC did not pay for the Steele Dossier? I've repeated that this is the primary dirty trick that concerns me, so how you could miss that, I cannot imagine.
How does Trump asking Zelenskyy for a favor have anything to do with the Steele Dossier? Stop posting obvious lies and stay on topic.
The dirty trick was not to claim Russia originated the hacks; it was to make accusations of Trump's collusion with Russia without evidence.
But there is numerous pieces of evidence, which I've given you. Stop posting lies.
The Russians appeared to assist Trump because they helped sow division in American politics.
Now explain why the Trump campaign eagerly accepted the help, repeatedly taking meetings with Russians to receive that assistance.
It would not be surprising to learn that Russian intelligence projected Trump's legitimate win
It would be, since very few did.
, knew that Dems would go insane, and realized exactly how they could play the Mad Libs to undermine the country-- which they did.
This is stupid. Don't say stupid things.
I stated earlier that Trump's people met with Russia to get dirt on the Dems.
So...collusion? Like I said?

How is it you can claim that Trump's people met with Russians to get assistance for their campaign but then also claim there's no evidence of collusion? You've posted so many dishonest things you've completely lost your own argument. Stop posting lies.
This is not illegal, or the DNC would be in jail for their use of the illicit Steele Dossier. Sad that you really can't keep track of the argument.
Says the person claiming there's no evidence of collusion while explicitly admitting evidence of collusion. Just a complete lack of intentions for honest discussion.

No. It wouldn’t get Biden removed or Harris promoted, but it would show the republicant congress critters to be petty and vindictive
I agree impeaching Biden would make Republicans look petty and vindictive, just as impeaching Trump (twice) made the Democrats look petty and vindictive.

Can you explain why?
His actions in regards the call with Ukraine in my considered opinion were not infractions anywhere near reckless or unconstitutional enough to warrant such an extreme response as Impeachment.
I have to admit I saw it as greater in partisan intent than needful legal accounting.
Did not Trump try to extort Ukraine over military aid?
In an ignorant blundering and pathetic manner, yes, I would argue so. Did it rise to an Impeachable offense? I don't think so. At most I feel Speaker Pelosi should have made it a Censure moment for Trump.
Did he no spark the riot at the capitol?
I believe he did.

I still disagree with that ensuing Impeachment as well.

It was rushed and even though some Republicans in the House voted for it I think it was the wrong move for the Nation and for my Party.

I strongly feel the best course of action was more along the lines that the J6 Committee have taken and that what the second Impeachment did was show Trump was already exonerated of inciting any insurrection.

I feel my Democratic Party has essentially added teflon to Donald Trump, legally, figuratively speaking.

Many on the Right see Trump's impeachment as unfair persecution of an innocent man.

Given that they take back the House, should they impeach Biden for retribution?
Should Biden be impeached? Hell yes! Not because Democrats picked on Trump but because Biden has failed to life up to his oath to "preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Sure. I mean, what else do they have to do?
Oh, I don't know, just reverse liberal economics to focus on supply growth and lowering inflation. Impeaching Biden is one thing, removing him is another as that gives us Harris and we are really screwed even more so than with Biden in office. The real effort has to make them both lame ducks and never allow the top tier Democrats to ever take leadership roles again.

Many on the Right see Trump's impeachment as unfair persecution of an innocent man.

Given that they take back the House, should they impeach Biden for retribution?
Looking at this from a purely political perspective, I don't think they should because they would then be doing the same avoidance of all the issues they're accusing the Democrats of avoiding by holding the 1/6 hearings. I say that under the assumption that irony would still matter, because I doubt it does. I've read through some of the comments GOP politicians have floated before, but I can't imagine them having anything that's really going to stick. It wouldn't be particularly interesting to the public either because the masses like a scandal and the drama that's associated with it.

I’m sure impeachment will happen, for no other reason than the democrats impeached Trump twice. It’ll go no where as it takes 67 senators to vote for conviction and removal, but we’ll have the spectacle of a trial. No doubt in my mind. I don’t think it will stop there. Pelosi set the precedence in denying the Republicans choices to be on the 1-6 committee which had never been done before. I expect McCarthy to use that precedence set by Pelosi to deny some of her choices on certain house committees. It’s the old, you done it to us, now we’ll do it to you. All of this will throw us deeper and deeper into our modern political era of polarization, the great divide and the super, mega, ultra-high partisanship. The divide will grow larger, the polarization gets bigger and the partisanship grows to enormous size. Actual governing is forgotten as both parties seek their political revenge on the other.

It's like the first use, precedence setting use of the nuclear option. Reid and Democrats had no idea it would be used against them to seat 3 conservative justices on the SCOTUS. A partisan knee jerk reaction by Reid and company for a short-term political gain ended up costing them big time in the long term. Actions like the first use of the nuclear option, the impeachment of Trump, the first use of denying the minority their choices for committee usually comes back and bites the first user big time in the butt.

IF the GOP retakes the house, which today looks certain. It’ll be a political payback, revenge congress for the next two years. Not a governing congress. Before the Democrats beginning ranting and raving about all of this, they should remember, they did these things to the Republicans first. I personally think our two major parties are destroying this country from within. That both major parties are totally blind to that fact. I’m glad to have lived a full life, the future, politically and the survival of this country looks very bleak.
I agree with your main points, and it's the concern I've expressed for quite a while now. Those going into governance with the desire to enact change for their constituents get gobbled up by the larger political machine which creates many of the problems we're facing now in terms of polarization. What we can't lose sight of though, is the simple fact of government being a reflection of us and what we choose to tolerate as a people. Whether it's the government itself or some parts of the private sector, there's money to be made from the ongoing rift in American politics, and those making the money aren't concerned with the long term effects; short term gain at the expense of long term impacts has always been our blind spot.

I just wanted to say that I enjoy your insight and our exchanges. I'm glad that we can agree and disagree with the kind of respect for each others opinions that should be more the rule than the exception. Chapeau to you sir!
:)

Should Biden be impeached? Hell yes! Not because Democrats picked on Trump but because Biden has failed to life up to his oath to "preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I agree with your main points, and it's the concern I've expressed for quite a while now. Those going into governance with the desire to enact change for their constituents get gobbled up by the larger political machine which creates many of the problems we're facing now in terms of polarization. What we can't lose sight of though, is the simple fact of government being a reflection of us and what we choose to tolerate as a people. Whether it's the government itself or some parts of the private sector, there's money to be made from the ongoing rift in American politics, and those making the money aren't concerned with the long term effects; short term gain at the expense of long term impacts has always been our blind spot.

I just wanted to say that I enjoy your insight and our exchanges. I'm glad that we can agree and disagree with the kind of respect for each others opinions that should be more the rule than the exception. Chapeau to you sir!
:)
I like to say I live in the real political world, the world of the swing voter, not the partisan one who views their world through either deep red or deep blue colored glasses. Schumer has said on numerous occasions that the use of the nuclear option was a huge mistake. But Schumer was standing next to Reid begging, egging him on to use it. Apparently, Schumer hasn’t learned a thing over his huge mistake. Now he’s trying to do away with the legislative filibuster. That would be even a bigger mistake than the nuclear option in my opinion.

It does seem that everything the two major parties do these days is with an eye on political payback and revenge. It escalates and escalates. We’ve gone from a fist fight, to a knife fight, to revolvers, then to cannons, soon to go nuclear weapons where no one will survive. The really sad part of all of this is neither party sees the road of escalation we’re on. That total destruction is what waits. Either in the next round of escalation or the round after that. I think we’re that close.

I welcome president harris

Oh I know there will be no end to the mindless and politically party selfish evil and nasty times the Republicans will try to unleash upon anyone who doesn't and hasn't paid obeisance to their orange shit gibbon leader and the MAGAT mentality.

An R-shitstorm is coming!
Payback is a bi*ch.

Why not? This is already clearly the Nobodaddy's timeline.

I like to say I live in the real political world, the world of the swing voter, not the partisan one who views their world through either deep red or deep blue colored glasses. Schumer has said on numerous occasions that the use of the nuclear option was a huge mistake. But Schumer was standing next to Reid begging, egging him on to use it. Apparently, Schumer hasn’t learned a thing over his huge mistake. Now he’s trying to do away with the legislative filibuster. That would be even a bigger mistake than the nuclear option in my opinion.
Yep, that's been my MO throughout the years voting as well. I've voted for Republicans and Democrats, but the one major change in that recently has been one of having no desire to vote for those two far at the end of the political spectrum on both camps. What I struggle with is the lack of incentive to end this back and forth between both parties, because now the focus is winning at all costs with just constant escalation and no signs of it slowing down.

It does seem that everything the two major parties do these days is with an eye on political payback and revenge. It escalates and escalates. We’ve gone from a fist fight, to a knife fight, to revolvers, then to cannons, soon to go nuclear weapons where no one will survive. The really sad part of all of this is neither party sees the road of escalation we’re on. That total destruction is what waits. Either in the next round of escalation or the round after that. I think we’re that close.
This is a lot like being in a car where you see yourself flying off the road but can't do anything to prevent it. The "Big Lie" concerns me a lot because I think it's the precursor to even worse actions by bad political actors. The insidious aspect of this is the erosion of faith in the process which has held this nation together and made it a dependable actor on the world stage. I still see the GOP as further off this edge simply because they've placed all of their eggs in one basket via the former president and his tactics. The Democrats haven't gotten to that stage quite yet, but it's not hard to see them applying the same methods if the rules of the games change radically.

Yep, that's been my MO throughout the years voting as well. I've voted for Republicans and Democrats, but the one major change in that recently has been one of having no desire to vote for those two far at the end of the political spectrum on both camps. What I struggle with is the lack of incentive to end this back and forth between both parties, because now the focus is winning at all costs with just constant escalation and no signs of it slowing down.

This is a lot like being in a car where you see yourself flying off the road but can't do anything to prevent it. The "Big Lie" concerns me a lot because I think it's the precursor to even worse actions by bad political actors. The insidious aspect of this is the erosion of faith in the process which has held this nation together and made it a dependable actor on the world stage. I still see the GOP as further off this edge simply because they've placed all of their eggs in one basket via the former president and his tactics. The Democrats haven't gotten to that stage quite yet, but it's not hard to see them applying the same methods if the rules of the games change radically.
I find myself voting third party more and more these days. It’s a way to officially register my disdain for what is as you state, the win at all cost attitude along with the political revenge factor. I no longer vote for the lesser of two evils or the candidate, party I want to lose the least. There are varying degrees of evil. But every vote for evil be that the lesser evil is still a vote for evil and it may take us a bit longer, but ultimately, we get to pure 100% evil running and governing everything.

The big lie is causing folks to lose faith in our election system. No doubt about that. I won’t vote for any Trump endorsed candidate because of that. Now It may mean more third party or write in votes for different offices when I totally dislike the Democratic candidate/s. I don’t think the Republicans realize how much Trump is hurting the Republican Party brand. Especially among independents. But that is their problem to figure out.

When a president’s overall job approval is around 40%, you get a wave election for the party out of power. That not the case this year, that’s not what the numbers are showing. Today the consensus forecast is an 18-20 house seats net gain for the GOP and the loss of 1 senate seat. Here’s what history gives us for a president who approval rating is around 40%. Approval average of the president and the average loss for the last 4 wave elections, 39.25% overall job approval, house seats lost 48.5, senate seats lost 6.

Biden 2022 41% ?????? projected loss of 18-20 house seats, gain of 1 senate seat as of 20 June

Trump 2018 40% lost 44 house seats, 3 senate seats

Obama 2010 42% lost 63 house seats, 6 senate seats

G.W. Bush 2006 33% lost 33 house seats, 6 senate seats

Bill Clinton 1994 42% lost 54 house seats, 9 senate seats

I chalk this limited damage to Biden and company to the Trump factor. Independents don’t like Trump and I think they are very hesitant to vote for his endorsed candidates and perhaps Republicans in general. Time will tell, but this is how I see it.

How does Trump asking Zelenskyy for a favor have anything to do with the Steele Dossier? Stop posting obvious lies and stay on topic.

But there is numerous pieces of evidence, which I've given you. Stop posting lies.

Now explain why the Trump campaign eagerly accepted the help, repeatedly taking meetings with Russians to receive that assistance.

It would be, since very few did.

This is stupid. Don't say stupid things.

So...collusion? Like I said?

How is it you can claim that Trump's people met with Russians to get assistance for their campaign but then also claim there's no evidence of collusion? You've posted so many dishonest things you've completely lost your own argument. Stop posting lies.

Says the person claiming there's no evidence of collusion while explicitly admitting evidence of collusion. Just a complete lack of intentions for honest discussion.
Trump asked Zelensky for an investigation of anything the Dems did on their turf as pushback against the Russian Hoax. If the Dems had not paid for the Steele Dossier in order to sell the Russian Hoax, and if they had not accused Trump of collusion without evidence, then Trump probably would not have bothered. If the request was a "favor" to anyone, it would have been a favor to the American people, as I've already said.

Just like Mueller, you have zero evidence that Trump colluded with Russia for the specific charge of trying to influence the 2016 election. You also have failed to articulate any reason why it would be wrong for Trump to seek dirt on his political opponents but not wrong for the DNC.

You also have no proof that anything conspiratorial took place in the meetings.

You would be the expert on stupid things, but I've not said anything to equal you in the stupidity department.

Again, waiting for you to expound on how the DNC paying for foreign intelligence-- all of which is proven-- is not a problem for you. I mean, I know what your song will be, but maybe it'll be funnier to hear it.

Collusion has a more specific meaning that what you're giving it. Do some research.

You also lack all qualifications for honesty.

Yeah, the snake is eating its own tail at this point and it feels like only a matter of time before it's too late and irreparable damage is done.

Back
Top Bottom