• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If the governor of your state called up the militia would you show up?

If the governor of your state called up the militia would you show up?

• Yes, of course

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • Hell no

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • Other, specify below

Votes: 9 25.7%

• Total voters
First of all, before I will take any gun law talk from the Democrats seriously, I want to see them demand Hunter Biden be prosecuted for his gun crime. Unless that happens, it is proof that they just want to harass legal gun owners. It is nothing but a political charade.

Second, not everyone should be able to purchase a gun or vote. If you are proven irresponsible, criminal or mentally deficient you should not be able to do either. Those gang banger who are shooting up our streets should not possess firearms. However, them possessing firearms shows how futile gun laws are. The vast majority of gun crimes are committed by people who can not legally possess firearms. If the thousands of gun laws on the books now won't stop these people from possessing firearms only a total fool would think adding more laws would make a difference.

Third, anyone who says the vote is not as potentially damaging as a firearm is an idiot. Votes have put a senile old man in charge of this country. His menially deficient mind is on the nuclear button. This lying bastard is spending this country in a hole it can not recover from.

The only hole around here is the one you post from.

Or the gaping hole in your argument:

Position One:
Anyone buying a gun retail has to fill out a 4473. That's the "process".
Position Two:
...I have never personally filled out a 4473.

But I suppose you're not just "anyone".

Possibly, but so what ?

I think you mean "post" Korea/WW2
And no, tanks are ENTIRELY focused on direct fire
Are you aware of any examples in Korea or WWII of tanks being used in an indirect fire role ?

"Armored" in that SPGs are made of metal. They are bullet proof perhaps and proof against shell fragments, but by no means would you call this "armor"

You mention "shoot and scoot", why do you think an artillery unit might want to move after firing ?
This tactic is for self-propelled artillery units though - towed artillery still has to construct defensive earthworks

I was talking about the Cold War in central Europe. Not the Gulf War, WWII or WWI - where it was actually the British who led the world by inventing the tank
What have the tactics of the Cold War, got to do with colonial policing ?

If you can't differentiate that, no wonder you are so confused
Tell me, what parts of the British empire might have been retained with the use of tanks ?

You're talking with a child's mentality

I explained to you why this was and that Soviet (not Russian) forces would be channeled into killing zones
The BAOR was a corps strength formation and part of NORTHAG (1 BR Corps was joined by 1 GE Corps, I NE Corps and 1 BE Corps)
It had a designated area of responsibility, so no, there were no flanks and the BAOR was anything but corned

Amazing how armchair generals like you know it all, whereas armies like those of NATO were "stupid"
What comic book did you learn your tactics and strategy from by the way? I mean, you obviously have never served in any military

You still have answered what a "hull down" position is or the relevance of how low a tank's gun can be depressed

You don't know much about armored warfare do you ?

If I keep claiming this, it is because you persist in making it abundantly obvious

And Britain defeated Argentinian forces and regained the Falklands, in a campaign the Pentagon had labeled "impossible"...good job the British didn't take US advice in 1982 huh ?

Oh and Britain didn't lose its empire after WWII, she gave it back to the people who lived in the various parts of it...even if it meant winning a war in SE Asia to defeat communist forces first (something the USA proved unable to do in the only major war the USA has fought without British held since WWI)

(unless you count Clint Eastwood's invasion of Grenada in 1983).
Mopst everything you said is contradictory and tried to point to th british inventing the tank, and ignoring the fact post ww2 tank tactics had changed wildly while britain stayed in the past.

Britain did horrible against argentina, the reason other nations said britain would lose is because britain lost all force projection after ww2. The only reason britain won against argentina is because argentina played nice, their own doctri9ne forbid attacks on troop carriers. Had argentina attacked troop transport ships british deaths would have been in the thousands or tens of thousands before the actual battle even started.

Despite this britain lost a very large amount of it's navy to a third world nation using antique aircraft. britain would have lost by extreme measures had argentina played dirty, even with argentina's lack of coordination.

The hull down p[osition does not mean crap, that is ww2 and korean war tactics, the us military used such tactics when shooting on the move was near impossible, the fact britain held on to them points to the fact britain is so incompetent that it is decades behind the rest of the world militarily.

Mopst everything you said is contradictory and tried to point to th british inventing the tank, and ignoring the fact post ww2 tank tactics had changed wildly while britain stayed in the past.

Can you give an example of your perceived "contradictions" ?
Can you give an example of British tank doctrine "staying in the past" during WWII ?

I won't hold my breath

Britain did horrible against argentina, the reason other nations said britain would lose is because britain lost all force projection after ww2.

Britain won in 1982
Despite the fact that the US military said what they achieved would be impossible

Britain had the third largest navy in 1982 (including an amphibious brigade and 3 aircraft carriers, plus two amphibious assault ships). Only the USN had more out of area naval power

The only reason britain won against argentina is because argentina played nice, their own doctri9ne forbid attacks on troop carriers.
Had argentina attacked troop transport ships british deaths would have been in the thousands or tens of thousands before the actual battle even started.

Your ignorance is astonishing

The is the Argentine Junta who'd seen perhaps 30,000 of its own citizens "disappeared":

Yeah, bunch of nice guys there...who else are you an apologist for ?

Despite this britain lost a very large amount of it's navy to a third world nation using antique aircraft. britain would have lost by extreme measures had argentina played dirty, even with argentina's lack of coordination.

Says who ?
Britain lost 5 warships, and the French-built Dassault-Breguet Super Étendards and Mirage III, were anything but "antiques"

You really need to stop now as you're embarrassing yourself, you know absolutely nothing about the Falklands War.

The hull down p[osition does not mean crap, that is ww2 and korean war tactics, the us military used such tactics when shooting on the move was near impossible, the fact britain held on to them points to the fact britain is so incompetent that it is decades behind the rest of the world militarily.

That's a technical military term ?

You posts are a joke

Here we see US M1 Abrams tanks practicing firing from a "hull down" position:

Last edited:
Can you give an example of British tank doctrine "staying in the past" during WWII ?

I won't hold my breath

Britain won in 1982
Despite the fact that the US military said what they achieved would be impossible

Britain had the third largest navy in 1982 (including an amphibious brigade and 3 aircraft carriers, plus two amphibious assault ships). Only the USN had more out of area naval power

The is the Argentine Junta who'd seen perhaps 30,000 of its own citizens "disappeared":

Says who ?
Britain lost 5 warships, and the French-built Dassault-Breguet Super Étendards and Mirage III, were anything but "antiques"

You really need to stop now as you're embarrassing yourself, you know absolutely nothing about the Falklands War.

You posts are a joke

What does that have to do with the fact Argentina didn't target troop ships?

Dassault-Breguet Super Étendards and Mirage III aren't the only aircraft involved... In fact most of the hits are from the obsolete A-4 series attack bombers.

HMS Ardent - sank 21 May by bombs from IAI Daggers and Douglas A-4Q Skyhawks .

HMS Antelope - sank 24 May due to unsuccessful defusing attempt of unexploded bombs from Douglas A-4B Skyhawks

HMS Broadsword - hit by IAI Dagger cannon fire, later damaged by bomb from Douglas A-4B Skyhawk

HMS Glasgow - hit by unexploded bomb from a Douglas A-4B Skyhawk 12 May, withdrawn from war

RFA Sir Bedivere (L3004) - bombed by Douglas A-4B Skyhawk - Minor Damage

RFA Sir Galahad (L3005) - bombed on 24 May and 8 June by Douglas A-4B Skyhawks(sunk by torpedo on 21 June and declared a war grave)(†48) - Fatal Damage

RFA Sir Lancelot (L3029) - damaged by unexploded bombs from Douglas A-4B Skyhawks

RFA Sir Tristram (L3505) - bombed 8 June by Douglas A-4B Skyhawks(†2) - Major Damage

First of all, before I will take any gun law talk from the Democrats seriously, I want to see them demand Hunter Biden be prosecuted for his gun crime. Unless that happens, it is proof that they just want to harass legal gun owners. It is nothing but a political charade.

What "gun crime" ?

Second, not everyone should be able to purchase a gun or vote. If you are proven irresponsible, criminal or mentally deficient you should not be able to do either. Those gang banger who are shooting up our streets should not possess firearms. However, them possessing firearms shows how futile gun laws are. The vast majority of gun crimes are committed by people who can not legally possess firearms. If the thousands of gun laws on the books now won't stop these people from possessing firearms only a total fool would think adding more laws would make a difference.

I dispute that
While I can support a lifetime ban on gun ownership for released felons who were convicted of crimes involving firearms, I can't accept that such people can never be regarded as members of society
Once their sentence is served they should get their rights back (guns excepted)

Third, anyone who says the vote is not as potentially damaging as a firearm is an idiot. Votes have put a senile old man in charge of this country. His menially deficient mind is on the nuclear button. This lying bastard is spending this country in a hole it can not recover from.

Where's your evidence that President Biden is senile ?
That's just RW bigotry spewed out by the likes of Fox News
Are you suggesting some kind of authority to make voting for one party illegal on the grounds that it gets people killed ? You mean like voting Trump into office saw 500,000 Americans dead through his bungling of COVID-19 ?

What "gun crime" ?

I dispute that
While I can support a lifetime ban on gun ownership for released felons who were convicted of crimes involving firearms, I can't accept that such people can never be regarded as members of society
Once their sentence is served they should get their rights back (guns excepted)

Interesting, the only right you think someone should lose is the right to possess firearms. You would let child molesters hang with children so long as they don't have a gun. Pretty stupid but what ever trips your trigger.

Where's your evidence that President Biden is senile ?
That's just RW bigotry spewed out by the likes of Fox News
Are you suggesting some kind of authority to make voting foer one party illegal on the grounds that it gets people killed ? You mean like voting Trump into office saw 500,000 Americans dead through his bungling of COVID-19 ?

You are kidding? Hmm, he doesn't know the difference between his wife and his sister. He has more gaffs than Jerry Lewis. He can't even read the teleprompter. What kind of yahoo wanders around picking dandelions? The stupid bastard can't even walk up stairs. Looking at facts is not bigotry. When the initial estimates were for millions of deaths, with the US among the world's leaders in COVID survival rates and thanks to Trump the US is also a leader in people being vaccinated I have to give Trump a good job award. Are you holding Biden responsible for all the people who died since he took office too? How about all the people who died from SARS while he was VP? As long as you are playing the blame game, is Biden responsible for all the crimes committed by illegal aliens he is letting in?

That's it ?
I dare say there are millions of gun owners who've smoked marjuana, not that it's illegal everywhere and frankly the momentum is to legalize it throught the USA
So prosecuting him for that would make the prosecutors look pretty stupid

...he doesn't know the difference between his wife and his sister.

I suspect he does

He has more gaffs than Jerry Lewis. He can't even read the teleprompter. What kind of yahoo wanders around picking dandelions? The stupid bastard can't even walk up stairs. Looking at facts is not bigotry.

Interpreting those as evidence for being unfit for office most definitely is bigotry...tripping on steps ??? Jeez, you're really scraping the bottom of the barrel aren't you. Pathetic
President Biden has a speech impediment, what was Trump's excuse ?
"Nambia", ignorance that the UK was a nuclear power....I could quote a long litany of examples of Trump's ignorance

Tell me, how many posts did you write demanding Trump be removed from office ?

When the initial estimates were for millions of deaths, with the US among the world's leaders in COVID survival rates and thanks to Trump the US is also a leader in people being vaccinated I have to give Trump a good job award.

You're kidding
Had Trump done anything like a competent job ion responding to COVID-19, he would've won last year, and please, don't vomit cr2p about he really did
Instead we got indifference, then he claimed it was a Democrat hoax, then some batshit crazy ideas, and posturly bravado ripping off his face mask when he got COVID himself

People died by the hundred thousand because of Trump's neglect and disdain for people's lives

Are you holding Biden responsible for all the people who died since he took office too?

No, but I'm giving him huge credit for swiftly organizing a vaccine program and presiding over the reduction of new COVID cases
Trump let people die and didn't give a s**t, president Biden has been working tirelessly unlike part time prez Trump

How many days on the golf course have you seen president Biden ?

How about all the people who died from SARS while he was VP?

"Severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) is a viral respiratory illness caused by a coronavirus, called SARS-associated coronavirus (SARS-CoV). SARS was first reported in Asia in February 2003. Over the next few months, the illness spread to more than two dozen countries in North America, South America, Europe, and Asia before the SARS global outbreak of 2003 was contained. This fact sheet gives basic information about the illness and what CDC did to control SARS in the United States.
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), a total of 8,098 people worldwide became sick with SARS during the 2003 outbreak. Of these, 774 died. In the United States, only eight people had laboratory evidence of SARS-CoV infection. All of these people had traveled to other parts of the world where SARS was spreading. SARS did not spread more widely in the community in the United States. See an update on SARS cases in the United States and worldwide as of December 2003."

2003 !!!

Hello, who was the president and VP in 2003 ????

Do you need any clues ???

As long as you are playing the blame game, is Biden responsible for all the crimes committed by illegal aliens he is letting in?

Please list all the crimes, committed by illegal aliens, who entered the country since noon ET on 1/20/21.

That's it ?
I dare say there are millions of gun owners who've smoked marjuana, not that it's illegal everywhere and frankly the momentum is to legalize it throught the USA
So prosecuting him for that would make the prosecutors look pretty stupid
Hunter's problem goes way beyond weed. I see you only think laws apply to conservatives.
I suspect he does
No one cares what you suspect. We look at reality.
Tell me, how many posts did you write demanding Trump be removed from office ?
But, But, But Trump. He lives well and rent free in your head.
You're kidding
Had Trump done anything like a competent job ion responding to COVID-19, he would've won last year, and please, don't vomit cr2p about he really did
Instead we got indifference, then he claimed it was a Democrat hoax, then some batshit crazy ideas, and posturly bravado ripping off his face mask when he got COVID himself

People died by the hundred thousand because of Trump's neglect and disdain for people's lives
Your biased and uneducated opinion was considered and rejected.
No, but I'm giving him huge credit for swiftly organizing a vaccine program and presiding over the reduction of new COVID cases
Trump let people die and didn't give a s**t, president Biden has been working tirelessly unlike part time prez Trump
Did a good job of carrying out Trump's plan. A lot of people have died on Biden's watch. Where is your outrage?
How many days on the golf course have you seen president Biden ?
Play golf, that stupid bastard can't even walk up stairs. He spends his time hiding in his basement and picking dandelions.

Please list all the crimes, committed by illegal aliens, who entered the country since noon ET on 1/20/21.
Here is a couple of examples.

Hunter's problem goes way beyond weed. I see you only think laws apply to conservatives.

What "problems"
Out of interest, how many "liberals" did Trump grant pardons to ?

No one cares what you suspect. We look at reality.

Ditto
And so far, that's all you've offered

But, But, But Trump. He lives well and rent free in your head.

Sadly, I don't think anyone will be able to forget him and the damage he's done

Your biased and uneducated opinion was considered and rejected.

Why, exactly, do you think you're obsessed with Hunter Biden, do you think criminal charges should be brought against Don Jr, Eric an Ivanka ?
Is this not your prejudice in action ?

Did a good job of carrying out Trump's plan. A lot of people have died on Biden's watch. Where is your outrage?

Now what were you saying about biased and uneducated ?

(are you really claiming to be educated - because clearly you're not educated on disease control. The virus is here, you can only work to reduce the number of people contracting the disease
Jeez, you're lack of knowledge is staggering. Your comments need to be added to the "Dumb things Republicans Say")

Play golf, that stupid bastard can't even walk up stairs. He spends his time hiding in his basement and picking dandelions.

Slander and diatribe
Were you ever so critical of Trump ?
"Bastard" - your prejudiced, uneducated bigotry shine through
Since when can't president Biden walk up stairs ? Are you his wife in disguise ?

Here is a couple of examples.

Nope
What crimes do those links list, committed by illegal aliens, who gained entry to the USA post noon ET, 1/20/2021 ?

Those crimes you listed were all committed by illegal alien who came here on Trump's watch for all we know
Not one identifies a crime, date, immigrant + the date he entered the USA

Not only that but don't you think that is a Republican mayor every bit as biased as you ?

I won't hold my breath

Britain won in 1982

Says who ?

You posts are a joke

For one the hull down doctrine is not what you have said it is, it relies on both defensing and offensive positions, and even uses agressive force even during defence when in contact with the enemy, hence it relies on mobility, not just staying in place and retreating like you made it out to be, the hull down can even use hills instead of dugouts and use suppressive fire much like infantry tactics to both keep defense and agression at the same time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hull-down

This is not simply a fire and retreat position only used defensively, it can be used in many ways rather than just fixed positions, even the mention of the strategy brings up mobility, meaning it is reliant on moving, not just being used stationary as fixed artillery. This is very key as the soviet doctrine which can use cover often combines cover with extremely aggressive force, and a tank formation with just stand still and run as the only options would be wiped out by soviet armor formations, meaning even with the hull down tactic, movement would be used upon enemy contact. The stand still only and retreat style like you brought up was what saddams forces did, they not only got their asses handed to them but also left themselves very vulnerable to air strikes as well as their positions were fixed, and they used a tank designed for aggressive assault as a defensive weapon which was going to be toast against any invading force who knew how to do anything more than just stand still and fire at a distance, which believe it or not american and even british forces proved well trained to do during the gulf war, and even with inferior tank rounds used by saddams forces, it was not his tanks that caused him to lose, it was piss poor strategy and a top up command that was afraid to let anyone but high ranking loyalists make any battlefield decisions.

The aircraft you mentioned were in extreme short supply, the bulk of argentina's airforce was the a-4, much of their anti ship capability was old ww2 parachute bombs and exocet missiles from france(which france never sold them air to sea missile versions but argentina managed to modify them).
Britain did not have a massive navy by any standards at that point, you point to outside their mainland, however britain had territory the world over, and was letting it go one by one because they could not keep it. The only smart thing britain did was not fight wars to keep it like france did as france found out after too many costly world wars keeping an empire was out of the budget, britain atleast had the sense to start letting them go rather than going bankrupt in bloody wars they could no longer afford.

Last edited:
Nope. Ducey can kiss my ass. This is why we have the national guard.

I'm retired Army, but since its still less than 30 years since my DEP date, I can be recalled to Active Duty. Of course I'd go if recalled. However, I owe no allegiance to any state governor.

Wait. Were you an officer?

Because my contract obligated me to 8 years total, not 30.

What "problems"
Out of interest, how many "liberals" did Trump grant pardons to ?

What problems? The A-hole was tossed out of the military for being a drug addict. He's been involved in several drug crimes since.
But, but, but. but Trump.
Why, exactly, do you think you're obsessed with Hunter Biden, do you think criminal charges should be brought against Don Jr, Eric an Ivanka ?
Is this not your prejudice in action ?
What crimes did Don Jr. commit? Eric? Ivanka? Biden committed crimes. Do you think he gets a pass because who his daddy is?Now what were you saying about biased and uneducated ?
Slander and diatribe
Were you ever so critical of Trump ?
"Bastard" - your prejudiced, uneducated bigotry shine through
Since when can't president Biden walk up stairs ? Are you his wife in disguise ?
I see you are not news services. Biden falling down on AF1, not once, not twice, but three times was all over the news. You should come out of your hole and educate yourself on current affairs.
Nope
What crimes do those links list, committed by illegal aliens, who gained entry to the USA post noon ET, 1/20/2021 ?

Those crimes you listed were all committed by illegal alien who came here on Trump's watch for all we know
Not one identifies a crime, date, immigrant + the date he entered the USA

You have no idea when those people came into the US. In fact one article in on the MS-13 people coming in under Biden.

All these crimes happened on Biden's watch. Don't you think he should answer for them?​

2021​

March​

• In the early hours of March 14, Mexican national Ramon Vazquez-Carmona struck and killed Cindy Goulding with his truck while driving drunk in Kansas City, Kansas. Goulding had pulled over to assist the passenger of a vehicle that had been struck in a hit-and-run. She was a cancer survivor and left behind 25 grandchildren.
  • On March 14, Guatemalan nationals Gaspar Andres and Pascual Gaspar Andres allegedly stabbed to death Miguel Ruiz during a fight in Hot Springs, Arkansas.
  • On March 18, Mexican national Juan Jimenez-Salas was shot by law enforcement after pulling a gun on an Arlington, Texas police officer. He was a fugitive wanted for child rape in Arkansas. The investigation into Jimenez-Salas began after Thanksgiving 2020, when the father of two sisters – who were 6 and 8 – reported that the Mexican national was sexually abusing his daughters (Jimenez-Salas was the boyfriend of the girls’ mother). He had been deported two decades ago while facing similar felony charges, but later illegally sneaked in at an unknown time.
  • On March 23, ICE removed convicted murderer Nicolas Patistan-Perez back to his native Mexico. Patistan-Perez had served less than 10 years for beating and murdering Carlos Porras-Trujillo on July 17, 2011, near Brewster (
  • On March 23, ICE deported Juan Manuel Enriquez-Martinez, a convicted child rapist, to Mexico. According to ICE, Enriquez-Martinez is a “dangerous public safety threat with convictions in both Washington [January 2016] and Oregon [June 2015] for egregious crimes including first degree child molestation, first degree attempt to commit sexual penetration, and first degree attempt to commit sexual abuse.”
  • On March 29, Honduran national Rolbin Pacheco-Diaz crashed into another vehicle, killing driver Cheston Edwards, while operating a truck under the influence of alcohol and driving the wrong way on Highway 70 in Johnston County, North Carolina. Edwards, who was 36, left behind 9-year-old son and a 4-year-old daughter.
  • On March 4, Collier County, Florida, police arrested thrice deported Mexican national Obduliu Godines for burglary and aggravated battery after he attacked and stabbed another man in a rooming house in Immokalee.

February​

• On February 8, Jose Ivan Vitela-Gonzalez of Salisbury, North Carolina, was charged with incest, statutory rape of a child, statutory sex offense with a child, and indecent liberties with children.
  • On February 17, police arrested Carmito Morales-Hernandez for allegedly taking indecent liberties with a child in Cabarrus County, North Carolina.
  • On February 27, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, police arrested Noel Noreiga for allegedly raping and impregnating a young teenage girl. Noreiga, who is 57, began assaulting the then 12-year-old victim in late 2019 and the abuse lasted until January 2021. T

For one the hull down doctrine is not what you have said it is, it relies on both defensing and offensive positions, and even uses agressive force even during defence when in contact with the enemy, hence it relies on mobility...

So now you admit you're WRONG and that the US army using the tactic and suddenly you don't damn it as:

so incompetent that it is decades behind the rest of the world militarily

Now you say the hull down position: "relies on both defensing and offensive positions, and even uses agressive force"

Before you said:

the us military used such tactics when shooting on the move was near impossible

Which is it ?
Hull down is not an offensive tactic Btw, it is for a tank firing in a static position; a great amount of resources have been devoted to developing the stabilized gun and being able to shoot accurately on the move

This is not simply a fire and retreat position...

A far too simplistic assessment of armor tactics to be worth discussion
Suffice to say that although tanks will retain their mobility, in defense, they will adopt a static position whether facing a Chinese human wave in Korea or a Soviet mass attack in the Cold War

Please stop pretending you're some expert in the field, from your rather childish posts, I doubt if you've ever been in a tank, let alone served in the military

Saddam's armored forces didn't employ "piss-poor" strategy either. They were simply dominated by vastly superior Western technology.
Please quote any respectable source that agrees with you

The aircraft you mentioned were in extreme short supply

What figures do you have for "short supply" ?

much of their anti ship capability was old ww2 parachute bombs and exocet missiles from france(which france never sold them air to sea missile versions but argentina managed to modify them)

Wrong

"In 1982, during the Falklands War, Argentine Super Étendard warplanes carrying the air-launched version of the Exocet sank the destroyer HMS Sheffield...and the merchant ship Atlantic Conveyor. 2 ship-to-ship missiles were removed from the destroyer ARA Seguí, and transferred to an improvised launcher for land use. The missiles were launched on 12 June 1982 and one hit the destroyer HMS Glamorgan."

Argentina WAS sold the air-to-surface, anti-ship Exocet missiles by France. They jury rigged surface-to-surface missiles, for use from land

Parachute bombs? WTF are they ?

Britain did not have a massive navy by any standards at that point

It was the 3rd largest in the world
OK not "massive", but the RN had a lot more hulls than they do today

you point to outside their mainland, however britain had territory the world over, and was letting it go one by one because they could not keep it

No, apart from the American colonies, what part of the British empire ever broke away by force ?
The British empire Broke up because that was the way the world was moving post war. What would be the point of trying to keep anywhere that wanted independence, even if Britain had to power to suppress any independence movements
To put it another way, what part of the British empire do you think Britain should have fought to keep ?

...the only smart thing britain did was not fight wars to keep it like france did as france found out after too many costly world wars keeping an empire was out of the budget, britain atleast had the sense to start letting them go rather than going bankrupt in bloody wars they could no longer afford.

So you think cost was the real reason Britain chose to de-colonize ?
You really think that if Britain had the resources of say the USA it would have attempted to keep at least some of the empire ?

What a warped education you received.

I chose other. I would need to know specifically what I would be joining for.

What problems? The A-hole was tossed out of the military for being a drug addict. He's been involved in several drug crimes since.
But, but, but. but Trump.

Trump who paid doctors to come up with a "bone spurs BS excuse not to serve"

What crimes did Don Jr. commit? Eric? Ivanka?

I see you are not news services. Biden falling down on AF1...

I did see it and so what ?

You said:

that stupid bastard can't even walk up stairs

So how is that one instance of him stumbling up the steps of AF1, proof that he cannot walk up stairs ?
I dare say there's a multitude of things you can't do based on one episode, maybe can't drive without crashing/getting a tickrt, can't walk without slipping/bumping into people, can't ride a bike without falling off...etc
That's your bigotry talking, as evidenced by your use of the word "bastard"

You have no idea when those people came into the US. In fact one article in on the MS-13 people coming in under Biden.

Neither do you
Are you calling the MS-13 gang, immigrants now ? (are you saying they never dared to commit crimes on American soil under Trump?)

And Mexican illegal immigrants never committed crimes in the USA over the last 4 years...

B-b-b-Biden is all you offer

Your posts are just one long bitter diatribe harping on about Joe Biden...his dog bit a security guard at the White House, why haven't you mentioned that ?

Your pathetic posts are reduced to criticizing him for falling on the steps of AF1, as if that somehow disqualifies him. You talk like no president has ever slipped on AF1 steps - Gerald Ford ?

Why can't you accept that your guy got his ass kicked last year because the people were so sick of him ?

Wait. Were you an officer?

Because my contract obligated me to 8 years total, not 30.
No, I was enlisted but I retired. When you're retired you are actually placed in the retired reserve. The retired reserve period last 30 years from your DEP date and you can be recalled to active duty during that period.

For example, let's say you were in the delayed entry program for 3 months before you went to Basic Training. Then you did 22 years and retired. You would be in the retired reserves for 7 years and 9 months. After that, once you hit 30, you would be fully retired.

I hit my 30 years in May 2023, so I could still be recalled to active duty. It happens but it isn't very common.

I chose other. I would need to know specifically what I would be joining for.
While all 50 States have the ability to create a militia, there are only 22 (plus the territory of Puerto Rico) who have active State militias. They are called the State Defense Force.

Alaska is one of those 22 States with an active State Defense Force. The Alaska Governor activated them in 2020 during the State of Emergency to help with COVID-19 testing.

The Alaska State Defense Force has been routinely used for search and rescue missions, or rescuing Denali mountain climbers. Although, since we began requiring climbing insurance before being allowed on the mountain, the number of mountain climbers rescued has dropped significantly. The Alaska State Defense Force plays a vital roll in Alaska.

No, I was enlisted but I retired. When you're retired you are actually placed in the retired reserve. The retired reserve period last 30 years from your DEP date and you can be recalled to active duty during that period.

For example, let's say you were in the delayed entry program for 3 months before you went to Basic Training. Then you did 22 years and retired. You would be in the retired reserves for 7 years and 9 months. After that, once you hit 30, you would be fully retired.

I hit my 30 years in May 2023, so I could still be recalled to active duty. It happens but it isn't very common.

In the British army, a non-commissioned officer can serve until 55
What was your maximum retirement age ?

In the British army, a non-commissioned officer can serve until 55
What was your maximum retirement age ?
It was 55 when I enlisted in 1993 and was raised to 62 while I was serving. I don't know if it's still 62 or has been changed since I retired.

It was 55 when I enlisted in 1993 and was raised to 62 while I was serving. I don't know if it's still 62 or has been changed since I retired.

So +30 years is 92 years old...and you can be recalled up to that age or just 30 years if you retired before your 32nd birthday ?

It may well be doubted, whether a militia thus circumstanced could ever be conquered by such a proportion of regular troops. Those who are best acquainted with the last successful resistance of this country against the British arms, will be most inclined to deny the possibility of it. Besides the advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation, the existence of subordinate governments, to which the people are attached, and by which the militia officers are appointed, forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of. [Federalist 46]

If circumstances should at any time oblige the government to form an army of any magnitude that army can never be formidable to the liberties of the people while there is a large body of citizens, little, if at all, inferior to them in discipline and the use of arms, who stand ready to defend their own rights and those of their fellow-citizens. This appears to me the only substitute that can be devised for a standing army, and the best possible security against it, if it should exist. [Federalist 29]

-- Hamilton

The guys who wrote the Constitution and the Bill of Rights argued for it in a series of papers called The Federalist Papers. Alexander Hamilton did the most writing with James Monroe coming in second.

They went on and on how a "well regulated militia" was better than the army.

And Hamilton states that the only thing that will stop a rogue US Army is the militia.

Clearly the founding fathers saw the militia as something that was necessary. It's why we have the Second Amendment.

So much for the "founding fathers" we have had a standing army since WWII and have not called up a militia since then. They are history and so is the 2nd amendment.

So +30 years is 92 years old...and you can be recalled up to that age or just 30 years if you retired before your 32nd birthday ?
Its 30 years from the day you first signed your contract to join.

I signed up in April 1993, spent 3 weeks in the delayed entry program, and reported to Basic Training in May 1993. I can be recalled until April 2023, 30 years.

Back
Top Bottom