• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If the governor of your state called up the militia would you show up?

If the governor of your state called up the militia would you show up?

• Yes, of course

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • Hell no

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • Other, specify below

Votes: 9 25.7%

• Total voters
Wait, can I bring my musket and Hardee hat?

Take your own advice and ease off with terms like "commies", that is if you want to be taken seriously.

I can do my militia fantasy however I want. Some people like Wolverines. Some people like being made generals. I like putting Felis (whom I like) in a foxhole without equipment. Don't judge me.

If it means they will finally give me my Jewish Space Lasers, I'm all in.

My governor is a libtard douche, so I would never anticipate that

If it means they will finally give me my Jewish Space Lasers, I'm all in.

This is what I'm talking about. Out in the woods, hungry and cold, is no way to do a militia fantasy.

I can do my militia fantasy however I want. Some people like Wolverines. Some people like being made generals. I like putting Felis (whom I like) in a foxhole without equipment. Don't judge me.

Just so long as you remember it's just your fantasy.

Do you often find that fantasy and reality blur together ?

What makes you think you know commies better than I? I could tell you all about commies. You wanna know something about commies, you just ask me.

What makes you think you know commies better than I? I could tell you all about commies. You wanna know something about commies, you just ask me.

Because of your stereotypical classification "commies".

Because of your stereotypical classification "commies".

Did you know commies don't use toilet paper? They just wipe with their hands. I bet you didn't know that.

We're all members of the militia. But the militia isn't the only reason for the 2nd Amendment. It is also an individual right.

We're all members of the militia. But the militia isn't the only reason for the 2nd Amendment. It is also an individual right.

If bearing/keeping a gun wasn't linked to the militia, why mention it ?

And no, we're not

Only able bodied, male citizens of military age are.

If bearing/keeping a gun wasn't linked to the militia, why mention it ?

And no, we're not

Only able bodied, male citizens of military age are.
it's an individual right.

Justified by the need to preserve an effective militia - which is a relic of the 18th century.
Here's my evidence that the 2nd Amendment is an individual right, straight from the men who wrote it. Where is yours that it is not?

1. “The Constitution shall never be construed… to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” – Samuel Adams
  2. “…arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and the plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. The same balance would be preserved were all the world destitute of arms, for all would be alike; but since some will not, others dare not lay them aside… Horrid mischief would ensue were one half the world deprived of the use of them….” – Thomas Paine
  3. “To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…”- Richard Henry Lee
  4. “The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops that can be, on any pretense, raised in the United States.” – Noah Webster
  5. A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.” – George Washington
  6. “What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms.” – Thomas Jefferson
  7. “The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes…. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.” – Thomas Jefferson
  8. “I ask who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers.” – George Mason
  9. A militia, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves …” – Richard Henry Lee
  10. “The people are not to be disarmed of their weapons. They are left in full possession of them.”- Zachariah Johnson

......... And there it is. Now you are educated as to what the 2nd Amendment means. No need to thank me.

Here's my evidence that the 2nd Amendment is an individual right, straight from the men who wrote it. Where is yours that it is not?

1. “The Constitution shall never be construed… to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” – Samuel Adams
  2. “…arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and the plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. The same balance would be preserved were all the world destitute of arms, for all would be alike; but since some will not, others dare not lay them aside… Horrid mischief would ensue were one half the world deprived of the use of them….” – Thomas Paine
  3. “To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…”- Richard Henry Lee
  4. “The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops that can be, on any pretense, raised in the United States.” – Noah Webster
  5. A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.” – George Washington
  6. “What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms.” – Thomas Jefferson
  7. “The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes…. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.” – Thomas Jefferson
  8. “I ask who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers.” – George Mason
  9. A militia, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves …” – Richard Henry Lee
  10. “The people are not to be disarmed of their weapons. They are left in full possession of them.”- Zachariah Johnson

......... And there it is. Now you are educated as to what the 2nd Amendment means. No need to thank me.

I don't deny that the 2nd Amendment is an individual right. Just that its justification was the preservation of a militia.

I don't deny that the 2nd Amendment is an individual right. Just that its justification was the preservation of a militia.
and that "militia" being all of us.

Back
Top Bottom