• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If the governor of your state called up the militia to confiscate guns, would you show up?

Street by street, house by house gun confiscation.

• Yes, I believe in gun control, and I'll put my butt on the line to make it a reality.

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • No, I believe in gun control, but I want someone else to take the risk for me.

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • No, I believe the 2nd Amendment is an inalienable right.

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • No, I believe the entire Bill of Rights are inalienable.

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters
I don't see anything that refutes what I say in your reply. Be on point and specific. Quote what I said that you disagree with, why, and what evidence, specifically, you can give in refutation.
I clearly addressed your false stipulation that the Bill of Rights are in fact inalienable rights, I trust Jefferson, Madison, and the ACLU.

Who can you bring to your argument?

I clearly addressed your false stipulation that the Bill of Rights are in fact inalienable rights, I trust Jefferson, Madison, and the ACLU.

Who can you bring to your argument?

If they are "inalienable", how come the Constitution was ratified without them ?

If they are "inalienable", how come the Constitution was ratified without them ?
There were two camps on the Bill of Rights, one that believed they were inalienable rights, but did not want a Bill of Rights in the Constitution because then people may think these rights come from Government, and thus could be taken away by Government.

The other camp believed they were inalienable rights, but unless at least some of them were enumerated that government would trample all over our inalienable rights.

It was the agreement between the two camps that the first congress would add the Bill of Rights.

I invite you to do your own research.

i've already caught someone whose name rhymes with Ridin' trying to get my gun safe at least three times now. he appears out of nowhere, trying to pilfer my boomsticks. i'm pretty much a ninja by now. recently, i've also installed laser alarms around it. if you bust a bag of flour in that room, it's looks like you're stoned at the planetarium on Laser Floyd Friday in 1995.

There were two camps on the Bill of Rights, one that believed they were inalienable rights, but did not want a Bill of Rights in the Constitution because then people may think these rights come from Government, and thus could be taken away by Government.

The other camp believed they were inalienable rights, but unless at least some of them were enumerated that government would trample all over our inalienable rights.

It was the agreement between the two camps that the first congress would add the Bill of Rights.

I invite you to do your own research.

Well the Constitution comes from the people (in theory anyway), and is a set of rules for the government (not a very good set, but a set none the less).

The rights you have are what your government allows you to have.

Well the Constitution comes from the people (in theory anyway), and is a set of rules for the government (not a very good set, but a set none the less).

The rights you have are what your government allows you to have.
Whatever dude, I'm sure you know more that Jefferson, Madison, and the ACLU.

I know what the proponants of the BoR knew....that rights come from the law.
Rights do not come from government and no law can abolish them.

"A bill of rights is what the people are entitled to against every government on earth, general or particular, and what no just government should refuse, or rest on inference." -President Jefferson

Correct, all it would take is for a due process to allow it.
I'm sorry you don't believe in rights, thus you have no due process protection, I do, but not you and your kind, take it up with the law makers.

i've already caught someone whose name rhymes with Ridin' trying to get my gun safe at least three times now. he appears out of nowhere, trying to pilfer my boomsticks. i'm pretty much a ninja by now. recently, i've also installed laser alarms around it. if you bust a bag of flour in that room, it's looks like you're stoned at the planetarium on Laser Floyd Friday in 1995.
It's been suggested you follow Biden's advice and shoot through the door when you hear those weird noises. If you are not going to take the advice of the man who is president then you are own your own.

I'm sorry you don't believe in rights, thus you have no due process protection, I do, but not you and your kind, take it up with the law makers.

I do believe in rights.

And they come from the law.

Ooooo.. You are so tricky... I had NO idea about reloading... I'm impressed... Do you "reload" your own primers? LMAO... I guess we would NEVER be able to restrict or ban reloading supplies.... Dang, the smart ole gun owners have defeated our plan...
Primers can be reloaded for the record. As can gunpowder be made. While it may not be top shelf it will get the job done.

Primers can be reloaded for the record. As can gunpowder be made. While it may not be top shelf it will get the job done.

LMAO... Good luck getting any significant number of Americans to make gunpowder for their AR's...

No.
I am not in the National Guard.

Make sure your life insurance is paid up, and kiss your wife and kids before you go.

and here I thought the Tumpets were good, law abiding citizens. LOL, in truth,, I know they are anything but.
Such cowards.

Ooooo.. You are so tricky... I had NO idea about reloading... I'm impressed... Do you "reload" your own primers? LMAO... I guess we would NEVER be able to restrict or ban reloading supplies.... Dang, the smart ole gun owners have defeated our plan...
Brass can be cast and primers can simply be made with mercury fulmate, I guess your assumption would require the entire population on earth would be too stupid to pick up a chemistry book.

Watch FOX much?

Back
Top Bottom