• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If the governor of your state called up the militia to confiscate guns, would you show up?

Street by street, house by house gun confiscation.

• Yes, I believe in gun control, and I'll put my butt on the line to make it a reality.

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • No, I believe in gun control, but I want someone else to take the risk for me.

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • No, I believe the 2nd Amendment is an inalienable right.

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • No, I believe the entire Bill of Rights are inalienable.

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters
at Ruby Ridge, a federal judge ruled that Kevin Harris's killing of a rogue Deputy US Marshall (who shot Sammy weaver in the back) was JUSTIFIABLE homicide. In other words, the slain LEO engaged in activity that justified a private citizen to kill him. I suspect if Weaver or Harris had shot the sniper that killed Vicky Weaver, the judge would have ruled the same thing. Larry Potts should have been indicted for at least complicity

Damn straight.

Strange how cops claim justifiable homicide when they think no-one's looking

The world has changed now which virtually everyone carrying a movie camera in their pocket or purse.

One can only guess how many or how much we never learned about. Not that knowing would have changed any ultimate possible court outcome. The system favors the LEO and they are ill-trained with an occupying force attitude.

at Ruby Ridge, a federal judge ruled that Kevin Harris's killing of a rogue Deputy US Marshall (who shot Sammy weaver in the back) was JUSTIFIABLE homicide. In other words, the slain LEO engaged in activity that justified a private citizen to kill him. I suspect if Weaver or Harris had shot the sniper that killed Vicky Weaver, the judge would have ruled the same thing. Larry Potts should have been indicted for at least complicity

Due to lack of info being released by the authorities, it took a while for me to get straight on Ruby Ridge. But my job allowed me lunchtime and leaving work early in the PM to watch Waco unfold on TV.

A bulldozer was tearing into one end of the compound. The authorities knew that there could be booby traps. Then, fire erupted at the point of the dozer destruction. What a surprise. That was an obvious huge real-time mistake, watching it happen and knowing there was no excuse for what could be killing children right then and there. I remember the idiot newscaster yakking on about something while that happened, not really paying proper attention.

It later came out that Koresh was ID's earlier in the day, if not the day before, in a 7-11 (I think) store. They decided not to act and take him because of possible violent engagement outbreak with collateral damage of innocents. ????? There were two FBI agents, both armed. Naw. Let's wait until he's in the compound with all those children. They're not innocent.

One can only guess how many or how much we never learned about. Not that knowing would have changed any ultimate possible court outcome. The system favors the LEO and they are ill-trained with an occupying force attitude.

One has to wonder that if Derek Chauvin had murdered George Floyd on a deserted country lane with no-one to take a video...woild he still be a free man and dressed in blue ?

Are you suggesting you can cast your own brass cartridge cases ?
You can actually, you can not just plain cast then but rather cast brass rods and machine out the brass, it has been done for oddball cqalibers.

Granted it is not as cheap as mass production, but it is to the point if criminals wanted it they could get it, as someone desperate for ammo would pay those prices even if they could only be made in small batches in peoples garages. Hence ammo would not cease to be but rather just vastly increase in price.

You can actually, you can not just plain cast then but rather cast brass rods and machine out the brass, it has been done for oddball cqalibers.

Granted it is not as cheap as mass production, but it is to the point if criminals wanted it they could get it, as someone desperate for ammo would pay those prices even if they could only be made in small batches in peoples garages. Hence ammo would not cease to be but rather just vastly increase in price.

Oh, with the aid of a machine shop - I thought you were talking about the kind of kits, early revolvers were sold with, with molds to forge their own bullets.

One has to wonder that if Derek Chauvin had murdered George Floyd on a deserted country lane with no-one to take a video...woild he still be a free man and dressed in blue ?

IMO, probably. The likelihood of having another case with such a plethora of evidence against the officer is pretty low. I'm surprised someone on the jury didn't argue to reduce the charge to excessive force or that the defense didn't raise that as the worst possible case to the jury and not murder/manslaughter to plant that seed. Maybe the judge gave instruction limiting such.

IMO, probably. The likelihood of having another case with such a plethora of evidence against the officer is pretty low. I'm surprised someone on the jury didn't argue to reduce the charge to excessive force or that the defense didn't raise that as the worst possible case to the jury and not murder/manslaughter to plant that seed. Maybe the judge gave instruction limiting such.

We have a few high profile cases coming up where there's video evidence that hopefully will lead to the conviction of those charged.

But yes, Chauvin's crime was in a very public place.

I would like to think that cops around the country will figure out they can't get aay with what they used to - but sadly, I won't hold my breath.

Oh, with the aid of a machine shop - I thought you were talking about the kind of kits, early revolvers were sold with, with molds to forge their own bullets.
People can buy lathes for themselves, you do not need a machine shop, a bench lathe costs between 120 bucks to 1200 bucks.

Two you do not forge bullets, they are cast or swaged, the brass can be cast alone(poor quality, but most likely they will be cast into rods, work hardened, machined out, than annealed where they need annealing

People can buy lathes for themselves, you do not need a machine shop, a bench lathe costs between 120 bucks to 1200 bucks.

Two you do not forge bullets, they are cast or swaged, the brass can be cast alone(poor quality, but most likely they will be cast into rods, work hardened, machined out, than annealed where they need annealing

A room containing machinery like a lathe would be a machine shop. A pretty basic machine shop, but a machine shop none-the-less

Perhaps cast might be a better term. Early revolvers were sold with kits to melt down lead and forge/cast bullets in a kind of roll-your-own ammunition.

A room containing machinery like a lathe would be a machine shop. A pretty basic machine shop, but a machine shop none-the-less

Perhaps cast might be a better term. Early revolvers were sold with kits to melt down lead and forge/cast bullets in a kind of roll-your-own ammunition.
A lathe can fit on a a bench, tehcnichally you can use a lathe in your living room

Back
Top Bottom