• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If the government is shut down, we have a good oppertunity

ICE has dramatically been seeking out illegals. Democrats fight them every step of the way, including for calling for the elimination of ICE.

A couple yes but I don't believe that stance to be the platform of the Democrat party anymore than extreme Republican stances are the platform for the whole party.

A couple yes but I don't believe that stance to be the platform of the Democrat party anymore than extreme Republican stances are the platform for the whole party.

Platforms are total nonsense. I don't know why they even do them because often some of the actual winning candidate's stances conflict with the official platform. Many on the left have no intention of limiting illegals crossing the border, forming sanctuary cities and sanctuary states and even allowing illegals to vote in local elections.

It will cost much more than it will save.

I think trump will stand down.

Republicans continually want to stop illegals from entering the country. Democrats fight them every step of the way, including the wall. If you do stop the hiring then we are still left with illegals who will need public assistance. The way to stop them is to not let them in in the first place. Democrats are completely unwilling to do this, all the way up forming sanctuary cities and states to thumb their noses at federal law.

If that bit of RW propaganda is actually true, then why haven't the Republicans put a stop to illegal immigration any of the times they've had control of the WH and the Congress?

Neither party really wants to end illegal immigration. They do talk a good game, but the fact is that it's like cutting back the cost of government: Both parties are to blame.

If that bit of RW propaganda is actually true, then why haven't the Republicans put a stop to illegal immigration any of the times they've had control of the WH and the Congress?

Neither party really wants to end illegal immigration. They do talk a good game, but the fact is that it's like cutting back the cost of government: Both parties are to blame.

Democrats fight them tooth and nail. And, you know darn well that Republicans did not have 60 votes in the Senate.

Democrats fight them tooth and nail. And, you know darn well that Republicans did not have 60 votes in the Senate.

I know the only thing that has been done about immigration since the Eisenhower Administration was the amnesty for illegals signed into law by Reagan. I also know what a disaster that was.

The idea of a wall was proposed years ago as a way to fool the electorate into thinking that the government was serious about illegal immigration. A wall is no more than an expensive and unworkable boondoggle, and the Congress knows it, but if it can be used as a ploy to paint Democrats as open borders when they opposed the wall, then it serves the intended purpose, even without ever being built.

Democrats should call Trump's bluff and fund the wall. Let the Trumpers own the monument to idiocy that the wall will become.

Back
Top Bottom