• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

IF the Gospels were not written by eyewitnesses, would you . . . ?

More liberal?

I have yet to see a moderate or conservative thought come out of you. You're way, way out there in left field.

Your definition of "left field" is obviously a result of looking at the world thru the Goggles of Truth.

air-force-optometrist-photo-cc-700x484.jpg

What is the relationship of this post to the thread topic? It looks like a personal attack on the beliefs of another.

Just addressing the beliefs of what another member POSTED. Why didn't you call them out for the relationship of what they posted to this thread?

By the way, your attempts to vacate the authorship of the traditional Gospel authors isn't credible.

Internal and External Arguments for Traditional Authorship

Who Wrote the Gospels? Internal and External Arguments for Traditional Authorship

So it's MAN-MADE!!!

Exactly what I thought.

What Reform Jews Believe

Judaism, Reform Judaism, Reform Jews, What Reform Jews Believe, About Reform Judaism - Beliefnet

What we have here with Reform Judaism is a hodgepodge of beliefs that are all over the board, including even non-belief! Some say there is a creator and some say there is no creator. There is no official recognition of an afterlife, or even a Jewish Messiah. If there is an afterlife, it's based on rewarding works. Believing in God is not even necessary. This is somewhat humorous since who is it that's supposedly going to reward those works if God doesn't exist?.

As noted in their beliefs, Most believe God is forgiving of all. One has to wonder then if Reform Jews will feel at ease in eternity with Adolph Hitler and Joseph Stalin and other serial murderers running loose in their midst?

In addition, rather than embrace traditional Judaism which teaches that Homosexual relations are a sin, Reform Jews, according to the link, will openly endorse gay sex, saying such behavior is God-created! What's more, reincarnation is in too if they want, which is a documented pagan belief contrary to reason and traditional Judaism.

In short, Reform Judaism is pretty much whatever people want to believe, based on their man-made whims. Questions such as, What happens to you if you are not a Reform Jew, and, How many works, and what kind of works, does it take to be rewarded with the afterlife are obviously anyone's guess.

IMO, Reform Judaism is a hodgepodge philosophical structure which is ill-defined, often contradictory to traditional Judaism, etc., man-created, and can certainly incorporate and embrace not only pagan beliefs but also subjective, politically-correct dogma.

Yes yes, we know that Reform Judiasm is too sensible and spiritual discerning for you. You would make a horrible Jew. We are forever thankful you are not Jewish.

Yes yes, we know that Reform Judiasm is too sensible and spiritual discerning for you. You would make a horrible Jew. We are forever thankful you are not Jewish.

"spiritual"? :lamo

You don't believe in the spiritual. At least not God and the Tanakh's version of the spiritual. That would mean you to believe in God, angels, and the Holy Spirit, which you kick to the curb daily.

So don't talk to me about who would make a horrible Jew.

Your version of Judaism (no supernatural God) would have brought the wrath of God's Judgment on Israel in the Tanakh if it had been practiced as you believe.

Last edited:
"spiritual"? :lamo

You don't believe in the spiritual. At least not God and the Tanakh's version of the spiritual. That would mean you to believe in God, angels, and the Holy Spirit, which you kick to the curb daily.

So don't talk to me about who would make a horrible Jew.

Your version of Judaism (no supernatural God) would have brought the wrath of God's Judgment on Israel in the Tanakh if it had been practiced as you believe.

Just because my concept does not match your incorrect concept doesn't mean mine is not valid. God is on my side.

Just because my concept does not match your incorrect concept doesn't mean mine is not valid. God is on my side.

No god in his right mind would be on Logicman's side.

Your version of God is diametrically opposed to the God of Judaism. Your God is not a supernatural God who raises the dead.

Your version of God is diametrically opposed to the God of Judaism. Your God is not a supernatural God who raises the dead.

You do not understand Judaism, so you do not have the qualifications to make that determination. I do wonder why you are so obsessed with Judaism though.

You do not understand Judaism, so you do not have the qualifications to make that determination. I do wonder why you are so obsessed with Judaism though.

Go ahead, tell me you believe in the God of Judaism who created the heavens and the earth?

Go ahead, tell me you believe in the God of Judaism who created the heavens and the earth?

You do not understand Judaism. To respond to your request is pointless.

You do not understand Judaism. To respond to your request is pointless.

Like I said, your version of Judaism, i.e....

- no supernatural Creator God;
- denigrating the prophets of God by denying their supernatural, prophetic gifts from God;
- denying that the God of Judaism has raised the dead;
- supporting carnal practices abhorrent to God (homosexual relations, abortion, etc.;
- denying God's provision of the afterlife.
- revising Judaism into your man-made, demonic version of it, etc.

...would have brought the wrath of God's Judgment on Israel in the Tanakh.

Your beliefs are heretical to Old Testament Judaism.

Like I said, your version of Judaism, i.e....

- no supernatural Creator God;
- denigrating the prophets of God by denying their supernatural, prophetic gifts from God;
- denying that the God of Judaism has raised the dead;
- supporting carnal practices abhorrent to God (homosexual relations, abortion, etc.;
- denying God's provision of the afterlife.
- revising Judaism into your man-made, demonic version of it, etc.

...would have brought the wrath of God's Judgment on Israel in the Tanakh.

Your beliefs are heretical to Old Testament Judaism.

You do not understand Judaism, so your comments are null and void.

You do not understand Judaism, so your comments are null and void.

You know what's even more stunning about your contention to be some sort of pro-Judaism cohort? Being unable to repent and ask forgiveness for sinning against God (i.e. rebellion and unbelief, etc.).

What are you going to do? You - who consider nature or something other than the supernatural God of the Tanakh - to be your "god"? What are you going to do - walk up to bush or a tree and ask forgiveness for your sins??

:lamo

You know what's even more stunning about your contention to be some sort of pro-Judaism cohort? Being unable to repent and ask forgiveness for sinning against God (i.e. rebellion and unbelief, etc.).

What are you going to do? You - who consider nature or something other than the supernatural God of the Tanakh - to be your "god"? What are you going to do - walk up to bush or a tree and ask forgiveness for your sins??

:lamo

Your ability to be able to judge other's people relationship with God is impaired

The gospels were never meant for teaching us how to live moral lives. The Old Testament includes all kinds of rules for living a moral life within ancient Hebrew society. Jesus said to follow those rules -- and no one in any modern society follows more than a tiny fraction of them.

Every society has its own version of morality.

Jesus lived in a society where every male absolutely had to be circumcised. Wouldn't he be horrified to know that Christians ignore one of God's most important rules?

And Jesus taught nothing at all about family values, or women's rights, or many of the things we value so much today.

Where did people get the idea that Jesus was mostly teaching about morality? He was teaching how to get into the kingdom of heaven, how to escape this world. Yes you have to be "good," but goodness is hard to define. Most of all you must have absolute faith, no distractions. As in Buddhism, you must detach from this world.

Only problem is, there is only one sure way to escape or detach from this world and we all do it whether we like it or not.

Back
Top Bottom