• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

If the election was today who would you vote for McCain or Hillary?

If the presidential election was held today who would you vote for McCain or Hillary?

• Mccain I am a Conservative

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • McCain I am a Liberal

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Hillary I am a Conservative

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Hillary I am a Liberal

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
If the Presidential election was today and Hillary and McCain were the nominees who would you cast your vote for?

1. McCain will never ever win the Republican nomination. If he runs, it'll be as an independent.

2. I've told you this before, but it looks like I'm going to have to tell you again: Not everyone in this country is a liberal or conservative.

Kandahar said:
1. McCain will never ever win the Republican nomination. If he runs, it'll be as an independent.

2. I've told you this before, but it looks like I'm going to have to tell you again: Not everyone in this country is a liberal or conservative.

You would sure as hell think so considering 44 percent of the country is ideological to one side or the other.

There def should have been an option for Middle of the Road however no matter what small percentage we account for.

What I meant to say was that 44 percent of is conservative and 44 percent is liberal. And the rest of us of course, are in the middle.

Hope that makes sense.

Kandahar said:

Do you know how to read? This poll is based on them both getting their partys nomination.......What part of that do you not understand?

I am kind of surprised........I would have thought this thread would get mor play........:confused:

Navy Pride said:
Do you know how to read? This poll is based on them both getting their partys nomination.......What part of that do you not understand?

It's not going to happen for McCain. I was just pointing that out. Kindly remove the stick from your anus.

Kandahar said:
It's not going to happen for McCain. I was just pointing that out. Kindly remove the stick from your anus.

How could a lib like you know what Conservatives will do........You forget unlike the Dem party the Republican party has a big tent..........

I would say that McCain has a better chance then that phoney Hillary who is a Liberal and trying to fool everyone into believing that she is a moderate.....

Anyhow if those 2 were the nominees who would you vote for........Never mind I already know.......:roll:

Connecticutter said:
If those are the options, then I would seriously consider a third party.

Nader will probably run again if senility has not completely set in......

Navy Pride said:
Nader will probably run again if senility has not completely set in......

Ouch. Not even John McCain can make me vote Nader. I don't know what I'd do.

I have had a change of opinion in the whole McCain versus Hillary issue. I think that Hillary is going to only try and appear to make herself look more conservative but I don't think she will do anything that will hurt. McCain wouldn't be a bad president though but hes still a conservative.

FinnMacCool said:
I have had a change of opinion in the whole McCain versus Hillary issue. I think that Hillary is going to only try and appear to make herself look more conservative but I don't think she will do anything that will hurt. McCain wouldn't be a bad president though but hes still a conservative.

Hillary has trying to fool people for 2 years that she is a moderate but she is fooling no one except her liberal base who are pissed off at her..............

You are right about McCain, he is a maverick republican but a Conservative all the way.......

Navy Pride said:
If the Presidential election was today and Hillary and McCain were the nominees who would you cast your vote for?

I doubt he'll even run but if he does and depending on how it looks in regard to how the houses will be balanced it's McCain for me. I like Hilary but don't think she'll be allowed to get much done as president at this point in our political climate.

Navy Pride said:
How could a lib like you

Hehe, I love your simplemindedness.

Navy Pride said:
know what Conservatives will do.

Because I don't live in a bubble closed off from everyone else in the world, like you apparently do.

Navy Pride said:
I would say that McCain has a better chance then that phoney Hillary who is a Liberal and trying to fool everyone into believing that she is a moderate.....

Hillary is VERY likely to win the Democratic nomination simply because there aren't any better candidates in the field. McCain is despised by all of the religious nuts and the Bush loyalists in his party.

Navy Pride said:
Anyhow if those 2 were the nominees who would you vote for........Never mind I already know.......:roll:

Probably McCain, depending on the important issues at the time. But it's not going to happen.

Personally, though this may change before the time comes to pull the lever, I'm hoping for a McCain/Condi ticket.

Kandahar said:
Hillary is VERY likely to win the Democratic nomination simply because there aren't any better candidates in the field.

That I don't understand. The democratic party contains millions of members, possibly thousands who are qualified to be president. Of all the senators governors, former cabinet members, representatives, men and women uniform, and buisiness leaders, they can't find anyone who is better than Hillary Clinton?

I think there are several candidates on the democratic side that look like they can pick up some steam. Hillary won't be a shoe in yet.

I said it before, and I'll say it again...

If a know-nothing, no experience little rich kid can become president by using his daddys name and influence, with a campaign of back stabbing and dirty politics, then certainly, it's entirely possible Hillary could be President.

Do not underestimate this woman!

Besides...most of you who are so anti-Hillary cannot even list any reasons for hating her. You don't know why you don't like her...you just know your political bias tells you to hate her...so you do.

oldreliable67 said:
Personally, though this may change before the time comes to pull the lever, I'm hoping for a McCain/Condi ticket.

Condi? Condi lied deliberately right in the face of America. If some of you people can condemn Clinton for lying, how in the hell can you think of supporting Condi?! Sheesh! I give up! LOL!

Hoot said:

If a know-nothing, no experience little rich kid can become president by using his daddys name and influence, with a campaign of back stabbing and dirty politics, then certainly, it's entirely possible Hillary could be President.

Besides...most of you who are so anti-Hillary cannot even list any reasons for hating her. You don't know why you don't like her...you just know your political bias tells you to hate her...so you do.

Your right about Al Gore and John "Heinz" Kerry.........

Your also right about Hillary........Please God let her win the nomination..........:lol:

and John "Heinz" Kerry.........

I hate it when you use stupid nicknames like that. It makes me think you listen to nothing but Rush Limbaugh for news.

But anyways I'm really gonna have to do more research on Hillary. I like McCain but another conservative president isn't very appealing to me, especially after Bush.

FinnMacCool said:
I hate it when you use stupid nicknames like that. It makes me think you listen to nothing but Rush Limbaugh for news.

But anyways I'm really gonna have to do more research on Hillary. I like McCain but another conservative president isn't very appealing to me, especially after Bush.

I like McCain, too, but unfortunately, the GOP will never nominate him. They need someone they can push around and control and McCain will never be that man.

And to you Navy Pride, John Kerry and Al Gore never became President, so I'm quite sure you know who I was referring to in my previous post.

Just think about it...what did Bush have going for him other then his fathers last name and influence? The current Bush has failed at every business venture he's ever been involved in. The governorship of Texas is mostly a figure head, and yet, Bush still managed to make a mess of the state while he was in office.

My whole point is...if someone like Bush can become president, then I dare say, anyone of us in these forums could become president. (with the proper financial backing,) so anyone that thinks Hillary as president is out of the question-all I can say is...look at who we have in office now.

FinnMacCool said:

Sorry about the nickname but I was just responding to the comments about President Bush being spoon fed rich when Kerry married into the Heinz Catsup family to get his money.......

How do you say Gigilo?:roll:

And to you Navy Pride, John Kerry and Al Gore never became President,.

Thank God for small favors.........

Sorry but I don't know what your talking about

Hoot said:
Hoot

Navy pride said:
Your right about Al Gore and John "Heinz" Kerry.........

I'll explain what I meant if you explain what you meant by this! LOL! Where did that come from? Therefore, I said Al and John were never president, so my above quote was obviously referring to you know who.

Back
Top Bottom