• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If somebody asks me if I've gotten laid that's sexual harassment

DebateChallenge

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
If somebody asks me if I've gotten laid that's sexual harassment and I should be able to press charges.

If somebody asks me if I've gotten laid that's sexual harassment and I should be able to press charges.

If someone asks me if iv'e gotten laid I just ask if my dog licking peanut butter off my balls counts, they usually never ask that question again.

Someone at work?

Yeah ... they have no business bringing that into the workplace.

If someone asks me if iv'e gotten laid I just ask if my dog licking peanut butter off my balls counts, they usually never ask that question again.

You've never been asked how the peanut butter got onto your balls in the first place, and secondly why are your peanut butter laden balls out there for the lickin' by said dog to begin with?

Last edited:

Do you actually want to discuss this or not in some meaningful way?

Because contextually, it could be a problem.

Example: I'm a Manager in a decent organization and I can only expect, if I were to ask one of my staff, "Have you had sex recently", that I will be having a meeting with HR soon after.

Someone at work?

I ask all the time the question all the time, "You haven't been laid lately, have you?" normally when the person in question is especially whiney or irritating. It seems to be useful for keeping people away from me.

Someone at work?

More along the lines of someone at school, particularly someone at college.

More context is needed. But, yeah, there are a lot of places at college where that would be totally inappropriate to ask. And if the asker doesn't know it, then it's a good time for them to learn it.

They're old enough by that time to have a sense of when it shouldn't be asked, so no pity if they get in trouble for it.

Amelia is correct. More context is needed.
Who asked you? A close friend, just a classmate, never met the person before.
What was the situation? Social setting, in class, etc.
What was the conversation prior to the question being asked?
Context in which the question was asked. (was the person joking, serious, trying to get under your skin?)
Lastly, what was your response?

imo, Sexual Harassment should not be tolerated. If you felt you were, you should have made it clear that you did not appreciate the question.

That is a very context specific assertion, as well as poorly worded. If you are normally a cranky sort and a friend asks you "did you get laid or what?", to try to ascertain the reason for your sudden change to a positive attitude, then no.

I think it's a bad idea for colleges to create safe spaces for people. if they do that then the people graduating from college will not be well adjusted for adult life.

I think it's a bad idea for colleges to create safe spaces for people. if they do that then the people graduating from college will not be well adjusted for adult life.

Alright, so then in college I should be allowed to slug somebody and not get in trouble.

You realize that you can't "press charges" against someone the first time they harass you, right? You have to tell them in no uncertain terms that this conversation is unwanted and they need to stop. If they don't stop, then you will have the basis of a civil case. You can still report the first time to your campus but I'm not sure there will be any action taken.

Sexual harassment is a civil issue, not criminal. Believe it or not, there are no laws against sexual harassment at all. The only way it becomes criminal is if someone puts hands on you.

Source: I am in IT management for a VERY large company - we have to know all the ins and outs of this ****.

This is hilarious. You always this funny?

When you say "press charges" are you accusing them of a crime or of simply violating the policy of a particular workplace or school?

You've never been asked how the peanut butter got onto your balls in the first place, and secondly why are your peanut butter laden balls out there for the lickin' by said dog to begin with?

A series of mishaps with a perfectly logical explanation?

Then no charges. Unless it escalates to something more intrusive.

But one-off rude comments, of a sexual nature or not, are not all sexual harassment and/or chargeable offenses.

Alright, so then in college I should be allowed to slug somebody and not get in trouble.

Yeah, we've covered that before.

Taking offense at comments and physical beating are 2 very different things.

If you are in college, you should grasp this.

A series of mishaps with a perfectly logical explanation?

The old "Would you believe...………" trope eh. I'll buy it for a dollar. :lamo

Back
Top Bottom