• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If somebody asks me if I've gotten laid that's sexual harassment

Murder is quite cut and dry. The fact that you can't murder people is common knowledge and common sense. Only a small child or somebody who is severely mentally handicapped would not understand that you can't murder.

So then you might reconsider when you make such weak blanket statements.

And you are still incorrect even if I used a very obvious example.

"Laws" dont need to be posted to find someone guilty.

How about being charged with stalking? By law stalking is defined as "unwanted attention," so it could be a charge even if you do allow her to leave and don't follow her and don't persist.

Incorrect. Depending on state, stalking is differentiated as constantly and persistently attempting to, or causing a person to fear harm to themselves or their property. For example, AZ :

Arizona

1. Suffer emotional distress or reasonably fear that either:
(a) The victim’s property will be damaged or destroyed.
(b) Any of the following will be physically injured:
(i) The victim.
(ii) The victim’s family member, domestic animal or livestock.
(iii) A person with whom the victim has or has previously had a romantic or sexual relationship.
(iv) A person who regularly resides in the victim’s household or has resided in the victim’s household within the six months before the last conduct occurred.

2. Reasonably fear death or the death of any of the following:
(a) The victim’s family member, domestic animal or livestock.
(b) A person with whom the victim has or has previously had a romantic or sexual relationship.
(c) A person who regularly resides in the victim’s household or has resided in the victim’s household within the six months before the last conduct occurred.

Stalking is not "unwanted attention". It's much deeper than that.

Ignorance of the law is no excuse, but it is a defense if the law is not clearly posted.

Incorrect, sir. There is no "I did not know the law" defense. If you tried that in court, they would throw the book at you.

Not sure it's that big of a deal. When I was in college, that was normal conversation among the dudes. Sure if they persist after you've asked them to stop, that's not cool. But I don't see it as a big deal in general.

I wouldn't be allowed to punch somebody for that, but if somebody in any way gets physical with me, if somebody touches me I can punch them, its called self defense.

But not asking you if you've been laid. Since it's what you talking about I don't know why you brought up if someone touches you.

If someone asks me if iv'e gotten laid I just ask if my dog licking peanut butter off my balls counts, they usually never ask that question again.

Well, at least we all now know the national pastime in Kekistan!

If somebody asks me if I've gotten laid that's sexual harassment and I should be able to press charges.

Whoa.

It depends who is asking.

If it's my doctor, well no. If it's a complete stranger it is certainly harassment and between a man and a woman in the workplace most certainly in appropriate.

It also depends on the circumstances and how often I am asked. If it's daily, at work, from a co-worker then yes, absolutely it is harassment of a sexual nature.

Would almost admire the attempt so common among the American right to reduce something to a black or white issue and leave out the details. Very Trump however he can't say harassment - he doesn't know what it means

Not sure it's that big of a deal. When I was in college, that was normal conversation among the dudes. Sure if they persist after you've asked them to stop, that's not cool. But I don't see it as a big deal in general.

It was never any different. If they persist after they're asked to stop, it's because they're being an asshole.
I don't understand why all of a sudden new definitions are springing up something that's been around for millennia.
Assholes have been assholes since before the days of fire and written language.

The only thing that's changing is, it's not okay for men to be assholes to women either.
But then again, it never was, it's just that some people haven't gotten the message...since before the days of fire and written language.
And a lot of people are seriously butt-hurt about that development. And you can spot them miles away.

Well, at least we all now know the national pastime in Kekistan!

I am sometimes known for playing mind games, like in the army if someone pissed me off, I would not try to get revenge right away, but wait a few weeks then sit right across from them in the dfac, never saying a word until finished, then getting up slamming the tray down and yelling no I wikk not make out with you that is gay, what is wrong with you!!!!!!! I would then storm out of the dfac while everyone stares at that person.

I am sometimes known for playing mind games, like in the army if someone pissed me off, I would not try to get revenge right away, but wait a few weeks then sit right across from them in the dfac, never saying a word until finished, then getting up slamming the tray down and yelling no I wikk not make out with you that is gay, what is wrong with you!!!!!!! I would then storm out of the dfac while everyone stares at that person.

If somebody asks me if I've gotten laid that's sexual harassment and I should be able to press charges.

At work, it could be sexual harassment and could lead to HR getting involved (ie losing your job). As for charges (getting the criminal courts involved) no

I'm still not understanding why Debate Challenge posted this topic. Thinking possibly he/she posted it just to get a debate started and was vague just to get more discussion to take place. Can't imagine anyone getting upset over a one time question about, have you gotten laid? He told us this happened at College but did this happen to him/her or is this just a question to see if members think this is sexual harassment and it didn't happen to Debate Challenge at all.

This topic seems kind of silly if you aren't going to give more detail about the situation given in the OP. This is taking sexual harassment to a new level if this was a one time question. Who would get this upset and want to make a big deal about this without giving us more information as to why the OP feels he/she would want to punch or get the person in trouble for asking this question.

Strange.

Last edited:
I'm still not understanding why Debate Challenge posted this topic. Thinking possibly he/she posted it just to get a debate started and was vague just to get more discussion to take place. Can't imagine anyone getting upset over a one time question about, have you gotten laid? He told us this happened at College but did this happen to him/her or is this just a question to see if members think this is sexual harassment and it didn't happen to Debate Challenge at all.

This topic seems kind of silly if you aren't going to give more detail about the situation given in the OP. This is taking sexual harassment to a new level if this was a one time question. Who would get this upset and want to make a big deal about this without giving us more information as to why the OP feels he/she would want to punch or get the person in trouble for asking this question.

Strange.

Incels. That's my best guess.

Incorrect, sir. There is no "I did not know the law" defense. If you tried that in court, they would throw the book at you.
Then there's something wrong with our laws and wrong with our courts.

If I hug you will you punch me?

If I tap on your shoulder?

If I bump into you?

All touching. All not worthy of you punching.

If somebody touches you in a way that could be considered sexual harassment you can punch them. Ordinary appropriate physical contact such as a tap on the shoulder or a handshake would not warrant punching but if somebody touches you in a way they shouldn't, you can punch them.

If somebody touches you in a way that could be considered sexual harassment you can punch them. Ordinary appropriate physical contact such as a tap on the shoulder or a handshake would not warrant punching but if somebody touches you in a way they shouldn't, you can punch them.

Moving goalposts....

I wouldn't be allowed to punch somebody for that, but if somebody in any way gets physical with me, if somebody touches me I can punch them, its called self defense.

You condone violence.

Back
Top Bottom