• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If she's not saying no, not resisting, not in any sign of distress it's not rape

BirdinHand

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
NOTE: I mean consious and awake, you get it

I think it's what most women long for. A Strong powerful man to take charge and excitement that can go anywhere. I think society should be more embraceful of this primal sex.

Relationships aren't happy these days. Women cheat and look for more excitement. I think men need to be more assertive.

Threads like this make it really easy to identify who isn’t getting laid on a regular basis.

Ug make hammer

Dawn Sky Miner
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
No, actually we just call that "sleazy hoes".
Worlds FULL of 'em.

THIS is "rape": Do you see the difference?

View attachment 67415194

I think I get your point, though you're mixing it up with race now.

Women are far less suspect of being rapists than men are. Then if you have a nerdy looking man claiming to have been raped by a woman who appears in court looking hot, juries are not very likely to convict. This gives women who are even passably hot an enormous legal advantage.

The thing about contractual rape, ie sex for career favors, is that it is usually serial. When the rapist gets caught, there are dozens of victims ready to say "me too" which really begs the question of why criminal trials can't be class actions.

americanwoman

dangerously addictive
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

I think it's what most women long for. A Strong powerful man to take charge and excitement that can go anywhere. I think society should be more embraceful of this primal sex.

That's one way to justify all the "no"s you get.

ASHES

An Uncertain Person
Dungeon Master
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
You are telling this to a dude who just got married two days ago. Suffice to say, I don't agree.

You just need to find the right woman.
Congrats! Been almost 14 years for me but it is still a blast.

Ug make hammer

Dawn Sky Miner
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Threads like this make it really easy to identify who isn’t getting laid on a regular basis.

Damn right. I'm male, and when I was 20 I found it incredibly hard to pick up women my own age. Picking up teenagers was easy, but I didn't want that. I wanted only the perfect match but I was afraid to experiment. Like someone told me "wait for your perfect woman, you will know it when you meet her" except no, no-one ever told me that. It was egotism really.

Now I'm fighting them off with a stick. Well not so much a stick as a stalk of over-cooked asparagus. My point is that women of my age cohort have become a lot more open about their interest, and/or prepared to take a risk, but also I think women of all ages are a lot more open when they see a man who isn't an obvious creep.

Not that I get a lot of sex, but it's rewarding in itself to be considered worth flirting with. Maybe I always was just a flirt?

trouble13

DP Veteran
Reaction score

I don't know if it's most women but I have met a fair share who are turned on by aggressive men.

I think some men mistake that as a green light just to throw a woman down and take her as his when it's more complex than that.

Before can play that role she has to feel safe with her partner. You have to incidentally get there with her. Learn her boundaries and show her that you respect them. She has to know you won't cross lines that are deal breakers for her.

Being the Dom isn't permission to be an asshole. At least that has been my experience with it.

Irredentist

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Weinstein wasnt a "rapist", those floozies had consensual sex to further their careers and then decided decades later that the evil MAN had to pay!!
Lets call it what it is.
If there was coercion involved, then it wasn't consensual. Harvey Weinstein abused his position of power to coerce women to have sex with him.

Ug make hammer

Dawn Sky Miner
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
If there was coercion involved, then it wasn't consensual. Harvey Weinstein abused his position of power to coerce women to have sex with him.

What struck me about the "me too" uprising, was how heavily weighted it was towards actresses and presenters who had already established their reputations and were not fearful of being fired for speaking out.

"Me too" only scratched the surface of how much hiring and promotion depends on putting out. There are far FAR more women (and likely some men) whose careers are not so secure that they can afford to speak out now. What do they actually get for it? Revenge? It's a matter of principle, it's a luxury for the powerful.

It happens all the time, in every industry, and the harsh fact is that the "victims" have sex with someone who they might or might not have gone with anyway, for very real advantages in their careers. Not to blame the victim, but we should spare some blame for the victim! If no-one ever gave in to contractual rape, then it wouldn't happen to anyone else.

Gateman_Wen

Official disruptive influence
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other

That sounds like something an incel would say.

tacomancer

Christian Capitalist Social Democrat
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Congrats! Been almost 14 years for me but it is still a blast.
To be honest, I wish I had met her earlier in life, but I was also a very different person then and I am not sure it would have worked well.

In 80s movie terms, she was Molly Ringwald (prissy and entitled) and I was Christian Slater from either Heathers (including a propensity to violence and wanting to remake the world in my image) or Pump up the volume. We were very different people in our 20s. Life had to knock us around a bit, calm us down, and make us more grounded.

We've been together for a while now and the relationship is quite solid. Plus there is a backstory that would sound really cool to religious minded people and possibly creepy to nonreligious minded people.

Last edited:

BirdinHand

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
To be honest, I wish I had met her earlier in life, but I was also a very different person then and I am not sure it would have worked well.

In 80s movie terms, she was Molly Ringwald (prissy and entitled) and I was Christian Slater from either Heathers (including a propensity to violence and wanting to remake the world in my image) or Pump up the volume. We were very different people in our 20s. Life had to knock us around a bit, calm us down, and make us more grounded.

We've been together for a while now and the relationship is quite solid. Plus there is a backstory that would sound really cool to religious minded people and possibly creepy to nonreligious minded people.
Congratulations on the wedding!

My husband and I travelled in the same “circles” when we were younger (20’s) but never actually MET until our 30’s. Thankfully! For much the same reasons - we would not have at all been compatible in our 20’s!

KevinKohler

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

Sure, just don't try it on the first date.

Ug make hammer

Dawn Sky Miner
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
My "marriage story" is quite short: I met the only woman who seemed to really care about me, when she came visiting at my share house. We were together for about two years, and were very close though sex wasn't a big part of it. She told me she wanted to have children, I dumped her. I regretted that, in every possible way. But she moved to Canada, met a nice guy and had a child not long after, so the "I did her wrong" aspect of regret was thankfully negated.

The relationship had courting, it had intimacy and sex, it had commitment, and it had the prospect of children. I baulked at the final hurdle, and something inside me broke. I have friends, and rarely I have lovers, but I am forever outside that mainstream of "relationships".

Seriously. That's what I think "serious committed relationship" means. Or else it's just serious words for romantic nonsense. It means "raising one or more children together" or it means nothing at all.

notquiteright

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

Ahhhh yeah, I think most women like the give and take of who is 'in charge'. Strong powerful lovers who bring out the best in each other in the throes of passion. Like a matched set of horses pulling a wagon, a matched set of lovers who can both lead and follow works best.

I'd opine only truly submissive women 'long for' a strong powerful man- whatever the hell that is.

Society is a mix bag of people. I doubt as a whole the women part of society would be more embracing of strong powerful men. This isn't the 50's and many women have a few ideas of what and how they want to engage in sex.

I'm curious now, how old are you??? ✌️

Ug make hammer

Dawn Sky Miner
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
All you need are consenting adults. They can figure out how to have fun from there without anyone's help.

Except no. If I offer you a billion dollars to have sex with me (and bearing in mind that I might be even more horrible and ugly than I post) am I not offering you a choice between rape for money, and continuation of your current relative poverty?

Or is it only a threat of something bad happening if you say No, which makes it rape?

Loulit01

Muse Wanted: Apply Naked
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Chillin' on the grassy knoll waiting for JFK Jr.
Political Leaning
Other
Except no. If I offer you a billion dollars to have sex with me (and bearing in mind that I might be even more horrible and ugly than I post) am I not offering you a choice between rape for money, and continuation of your current relative poverty?
If I say no and you take no for an answer, we're good as far as I can see. I can stop anyone from offering to pay me for sex, but I always have the right to say no.
Or is it only a threat of something bad happening if you say No, which makes it rape?
If the person says no, it's no. If you don't respect that, it's rape. I don't know why you find this confusing.

Ug make hammer

Dawn Sky Miner
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
If I say no and you take no for an answer, we're good as far as I can see. I can stop anyone from offering to pay me for sex, but I always have the right to say no.

Admit it though. You would say yes, take the billion dollars, and consider it as ... at worst ... prostitution.

How is this essentially different from young screen starlets looking for their first big role?

Is that rape, or is it an offer of prositution?

If the person says no, it's no. If you don't respect that, it's rape. I don't know why you find this confusing.

I don't find it at all confusing. I'm just extending the principle in the other direction.

Saying No means continuing poverty, saying Yes means wealth and fame. Can you not grasp that continuing in poverty is a threat?

Loulit01

Muse Wanted: Apply Naked
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Chillin' on the grassy knoll waiting for JFK Jr.
Political Leaning
Other
Admit it though. You would say yes, take the billion dollars, and consider it as ... at worst ... prostitution.
I don't care what you think I would do and I'm not interested in your definition of prostitution. I'm just trying to figure out your point.
How is this essentially different from young screen starlets looking for their first big role?
If she say no it's no. If she consents then they're consenting adults.
Is that rape, or is it an offer of prositution?
If she says no it's rape. If she says yes, that's on her.
I don't find it at all confusing. I'm just extending the principle in the other direction.

Saying No means continuing poverty, saying Yes means wealth and fame. Can you not grasp that continuing in poverty is a threat?
If she's already in poverty no one is obligated to help her out of poverty so it's not a threat. It's an offer she can take or leave. As long as she's free to say no, it's all good.

Look, Winston Churchill was sitting next to an annoying woman at a dinner. He says, Lady Smyth, would you have sex with me for million pounds? She says, Well, Mr. Churchill, for a million pounds I think we can get together. He says, Lady Smyth, how about for 20 pounds? She says 20 pounds? What do you think I am? He says, We've established that. Now we're just ngotiating price.

soylentgreen

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Getting sex isn't hard:
1. Put some effort into yourself (nice clothes, be ambitious in some way, work on your health at least a little bit) and take a shower regularly. This isn't the 40s. Women have options now.
2. Find someone you bond with. (Let's be honest, if you are faithful in step 1, step 2 should happy pretty quickly).
3. Listen to that someone, try to understand their perspective, what they want out of life, and why they want it. Take that information into account as you make decisions.
4. Make sure they are the kind of person you want to be with and they have similar goals on the things you find important.
5. Guard and work to strengthen that bond.

For most people, the sex happens between steps 2 and 3 pretty reliably. The further steps is if you want it at least once a week and to experience a deeper happiness as well from the joy of the bond.
Or if you cannot be bothered with all that effort, then legalise prostituion.

Checkerboard Strangler

Sagalong Catastrophe Ranch
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

I think you just need to go get a girlfriend and learn how to be a human being.
Part of being a human being means learning to listen a woman's wishes.
It's pretty obvious by what you're saying that you're nowhere NEAR messing around with role playing games, so why not just see if you can manage to graduate to just having a normal relationship first before you go off into the territories.

Top Bottom