• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If riots continue, Biden will lose

Airyaman

New Druid
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Voters in WI are already turning to the Republicans due to the violence in looting in Kenosha and around the country. Unless Biden comes out with strong messaging against the violence, looting, and rioting, he will lose to Trump, and likely in a landslide.

How Chaos in Kenosha Is Already Swaying Some Voters in Wisconsin - The New York Times

The Democrats are on the wrong side of this, and the tide is turning. It's one thing to claim people have a right to protest, but when you are relatively quiet about the bad elements of all of these events, then Trump's "Law & Order" message will resonate with people who want to live in a safer America.

Voters in WI are already turning to the Republicans due to the violence in looting in Kenosha and around the country. Unless Biden comes out with strong messaging against the violence, looting, and rioting, he will lose to Trump, and likely in a landslide.

How Chaos in Kenosha Is Already Swaying Some Voters in Wisconsin - The New York Times

The Democrats are on the wrong side of this, and the tide is turning. It's one thing to claim people have a right to protest, but when you are relatively quiet about the bad elements of all of these events, then Trump's "Law & Order" message will resonate with people who want to live in a safer America.

The Democrats have an opportunity to show leadership here and this is a HUGE opportunity for Biden to go into Portland with the state and local government and LEAD. I really wish he would and turn around this narrative.

The Democrats have an opportunity to show leadership here and this is a HUGE opportunity for Biden to go into Portland with the state and local government and LEAD. I really wish he would and turn around this narrative.

I don't think he will. I think Biden will fail this test and hand the election to Trump.

I don't think he will. I think Biden will fail this test and hand the election to Trump.

Unfortunately, this is a very real possibility and its really the only issue that the Dems are weak on based on polling, but its a big issue.

You might be correct. I tend to ask isn't this happening under Trump's watch? He is the Law and Order President.
Yes, I know that the majority of the current problems are in Democratic managed cities. Makes me wonder about Trump's leadership and the failure to work with the other side.

You might be correct. I tend to ask isn't this happening under Trump's watch? He is the Law and Order President.
Yes, I know that the majority of the current problems are in Democratic managed cities. Makes me wonder about Trump's leadership and the failure to work with the other side.

Its a combination of unchecked law enforcement culture, decades of neglecting minorities economically and in terms of keeping order in the inner cities, and the entitlement mindset that pretty much all US citizens have that lead to this. Basically, both sides are at least to some degree, at fault.

What I would propose is to put in the necessary enforcement resources coming from the national guard (not the police since they are seen as a bad actor in this situation) to calm the situation down, forcefully, and once it is calm, then begin negotiation to find out a solution that works for the constituents that are so outraged and embattled that they feel that this sort of acting out is an appropriate course of action, because it is THEIR city after all and they should have a say in how it is run.

This is exactly what Biden should do in laying out a step by step plan like this (perhaps experts in this area of policy could come up with a better plan than mine of course)

Unfortunately, this is a very real possibility and its really the only issue that the Dems are weak on based on polling, but its a big issue.

Well, there is the whole fake "Covid is all Trump's fault" thing, too.

I agree, Biden should go to Portland. Can't wait for the news coverage of that one. Would be really interesting,

Most voters are low info, all they will see is Dems saying protesting is good and equate the protests with rioting, looting, and violence. Trump will harp on about the need for L&O and it will work. It appears to be already working in Wisoconsin.

I don't think Biden has the power to really do anything. What does he command? Nuthin', that's what.

He and other leaders like protest leaders, community leaders and Black leaders could compel the protestors to cleve away the rioters and the looters. Leave them exposed. Toss them in a heap before the cops and let the cops carry them off. Biden could not pull that off on his own. He would need considerable help from other respected leaders in those communities.

On their side is that the rioters and looters have been warned to stop. They have not. The protestors have to wrest back control of their own protests.

Most voters are low info, all they will see is Dems saying protesting is good and equate the protests with rioting, looting, and violence. Trump will harp on about the need for L&O and it will work. It appears to be already working in Wisoconsin.

I believe you fall into that low info category of voters. My takeaway from the Dems is it is ok to protest. Riots is not acceptable.

Trump and Pence are already saying we will not be safe if Biden is elected. Guess what, in some areas people are not safe now and Trump is in command.

I don't think Biden has the power to really do anything. What does he command? Nuthin', that's what.

He and other leaders like protest leaders, community leaders and Black leaders could compel the protestors to cleve away the rioters and the looters. Leave them exposed. Toss them in a heap before the cops and let the cops carry them off. Biden could not pull that off on his own. He would need considerable help from other respected leaders in those communities.

On their side is that the rioters and looters have been warned to stop. They have not. The protestors have to wrest back control of their own protests.

I think he has a lot of influence which could be then used as power. He would certainly have the local and state government's ear.

Trump will harp on about the need for L&O and it will work. It appears to be already working in Wisoconsin.

This is all happening on Trumps watch. There are clearly two different justice systems in the United States.

Not only that, Trump encourages chaos. It doesn't require a genius to understand that racial injustice will only increase under a second Trump term.

Maybe the DNC should order all the elected democrats to get on the right side of this thing.

I believe you fall into that low info category of voters. My takeaway from the Dems is it is ok to protest. Riots is not acceptable.

Trump and Pence are already saying we will not be safe if Biden is elected. Guess what, in some areas people are not safe now and Trump is in command.

I watch/listen to quite a bit of cable news, read alot, and follow tons of political folks on Twitter. There is hardly any real push back from the Dems on violence and looting. Most will "condemn" it in a passing statement. If the Dems, with Biden in the lead, do not come out strong against violence, than they will lose the momentum.

This is all happening on Trumps watch. There are clearly two different justice systems in the United States.

Not only that, Trump encourages chaos. It doesn't require a genius to understand that racial injustice will only increase under a second Trump term.

Yes, it is happening on his watch, but in Dem run cities. As I said, most voters are low info, so the idea of Dem cities and violence will push alot of people to the GOP.

I think he has a lot of influence which could be then used as power. He would certainly have the local and state government's ear.

In some states yes...in other states, not so much.

The benefit to getting the protestors to participate in a solution is that Biden can prove that there is a way to reduce the violence without sending in Federal Goon squads, so far Trump's only answer to anything. Besides I am pretty convinced that if the protestors tossed rioters and looters in a heap in front of the cops, there would be some number of charlatans in that crowd masquerading as protestors thus exposed as such. We have already seen it.

But BLM is not a top down organization. It is decentralized with its supposed leaders not in direct command with protests on the ground.

Well then its high time for somebody to step forward. Everybody in a protest cannot be part of the faceless crowd because in the end, the faceless crowd does not accomplish very much.

See ANTIFA for reference.

In some states yes...in other states, not so much.

The benefit to getting the protestors to participate in a solution is that Biden can prove that there is a way to reduce the violence without sending in Federal Goon squads, so far Trump's only answer to anything. Besides I am pretty convinced that if the protestors tossed rioters and looters in a heap in front of the cops, there would be some number of charlatans in that crowd masquerading as protestors thus exposed as such. We have already seen it.

One simple idea would be to, once things are calmed down, is to have the protestors come up with a delegation to send to the negotiating table and have that be televised (unless there are specific issues where this or that personal detail may be discussed, of course) and if one of the groups does not show up (perhaps the police unions don't like this idea and won't shut up like has happened with consent decree situations in the past), then that will be on tv as well.

But I would play hardball and have the protestor delegation just sit there, on camera, staring at an empty room if it goes that far.

This is something that needs to be marketed very viscerally since that is what the US public responds to,

Took me about 5 seconds to find this:

biden on the rioting - Bing video

C'mon, guys! Antifa is having fun with this stuff. They don't want to stop. Negotiations? Hahaha. Right.

C'mon, guys! Antifa is having fun with this stuff. They don't want to stop. Negotiations? Hahaha. Right.

That would be the point of the first step of the response, which would be to bring in the national guard.

That would be the point of the first step of the response, which would be to bring in the national guard.

That would mean that Trump was right all along. You can't have that. There has to be a way to spin it.....:confused:

That would mean that Trump was right all along. You can't have that. There has to be a way to spin it.....:confused:

He was and was not. I think the biggest reason that this option has not been used is due to the gassing of protestors, black bagging and kidnappings, and other heavy handed techniques used by the Trump administration which would only serve to make the situation worse.

If the national guard is called and Trump can't help himself but be Trump (and this guy has some serious problems controlling his impulses) then the narrative goes back to Trump being the monster.

Perhaps Trump can resist himself or perhaps he cannot.

Back
Top Bottom