• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If riots continue, Biden will lose

Voters in WI are already turning to the Republicans due to the violence in looting in Kenosha and around the country. Unless Biden comes out with strong messaging against the violence, looting, and rioting, he will lose to Trump, and likely in a landslide.

How Chaos in Kenosha Is Already Swaying Some Voters in Wisconsin - The New York Times

The Democrats are on the wrong side of this, and the tide is turning. It's one thing to claim people have a right to protest, but when you are relatively quiet about the bad elements of all of these events, then Trump's "Law & Order" message will resonate with people who want to live in a safer America.

Opinions vary

Trump has already failed the test though. So why would he reap rewards for failure?

The Iron Fist approach hasn't worked for Trump, riots are still ongoing. Why would echoing Trump's failed approach help Biden?

Why assume that Biden has to have the same view towards this as Trump? No, Biden needs to be vocal and strongly push back against all violence, looting, and rioting while simultaneously supporting protesting efforts by any peaceful activists. The protests are good, but when there is burning, looting, violence, and other deviant behavior, the protests get ignored while the Right is forcefully pushing the narrative that protesting = all the bad things and none of the good.

I mean, if this is the best you've got, you're in trouble:

EgcG7S5WkAA1ubD

Voters in WI are already turning to the Republicans due to the violence in looting in Kenosha and around the country. Unless Biden comes out with strong messaging against the violence, looting, and rioting, he will lose to Trump, and likely in a landslide.

How Chaos in Kenosha Is Already Swaying Some Voters in Wisconsin - The New York Times

The Democrats are on the wrong side of this, and the tide is turning. It's one thing to claim people have a right to protest, but when you are relatively quiet about the bad elements of all of these events, then Trump's "Law & Order" message will resonate with people who want to live in a safer America.

According to RCP averages, Biden lead in Wisconsin has dropped from 6.5 points down to 3.5 points since the violence began or over the last week.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2020 - Wisconsin: Trump vs. Biden

Although nationally, Biden's lead has remained the same. But it was probably just a matter of time before some backlash began to occur. Perhaps it has began, but in certain pockets or states and not on a national level.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2020 - General Election: Trump vs. Biden

Perhaps this is due in part to the cancellation of the NBA and Baseball games in Wisconsin also. Folks tune into sports to see sports be they whatever sport one is interested in. To get away from the realities of life and yes, away from politics for awhile. Not to get politics from basketball or baseball.

Violence in the city and now sports. That could hurt the democrats and Biden. If this continues on in both avenues, Trump certainly could climb back into this race due to the backlash. But we'll see. One has to give this time usually for the polls to react to what is happening.

Well we know what the rights perception of this is. They leave no doubt they are on the side of the vigilantes. But they weren't going to vote for Biden anyway.

It seems much of America has a different take on this.

Reality is trump's racist rhetoric has almost triggered a race war. it is possible that is what he wanted all along.

I believe the more rational moderates see this and feel Joe is much more likely to cool these racial fires then the one who started it.

I don't think he will. I think Biden will fail this test and hand the election to Trump.

I think the damage is already done.

The Democrats thought that Trump would catch the fallout over this. That hasn't happened.

Let me remind you who the president is right now. What is he doing about the violence that’s been going on since George Floyd. All he has done is keep igniting the flames and blaming the Dems. Biden is not the president right now.

You are correct. States need to ask for aid.

I have posted somewhere before that it is how Trump goes about it and post on social media.

- When one says to a Mayor, Fix your problem or I will. We have the resources to do it. Is not perceived the same as:
- Mayor we stand ready to assist you. We want to help.

Trump comes across as a control freak. This is not a game show and he is not King.

so in your mind then, it is ok for the Mayors who had already allowed the riots to go on and on, to keep allowing their citizens to be hurt, businesses in their cities destroyed, because their little feelings hurt because they think Trump is a control freak TRYING TO HELP THEM?

wow that is SOME low standard for governing.

I don't think Biden has the power to really do anything. What does he command? Nuthin', that's what.

He and other leaders like protest leaders, community leaders and Black leaders could compel the protestors to cleve away the rioters and the looters. Leave them exposed. Toss them in a heap before the cops and let the cops carry them off. Biden could not pull that off on his own. He would need considerable help from other respected leaders in those communities.

On their side is that the rioters and looters have been warned to stop. They have not. The protestors have to wrest back control of their own protests.

Biden should and I believe could call together protest leaders black and white lay out his plans for reigning in police violence and addressing the economic problems of minority and low wage workers. Then, he should vigorously explain that if protestors don't control the people doing the burning and looting that they will have 4 more years of Trump racist and classist policy and spell out exactly how that policy will effect them directly. He should explain that he is going to go public with the condemnation of violence, a demand for curfews, arrests and enforcement. I'm guessing that most minority people are also disturbed with the rioting and want it stopped and want to hear that Biden has a plan for stopping it rather than sending in goons as Trump did in Portland.

Trump stepped up his rhetoric against Biden, calling him a “puppet of left-wing extremists trying to erase our borders, eliminate our police, indoctrinate our children, vilify our heroes, take away our energy.” Speaking to a crowd of several hundred supporters outside an aircraft hangar, Trump alleged that a Biden victory would “replace American freedom with left-wing fascism.”

“I’m here to help you. We will bring back law and order to your community. We will bring it back, and we will bring it back immediately,” Trump told the people of Minnesota.

Should Biden be elected, Trump apparently was very concerned about the possibility of uncontrolled violence in the streets of Minneapolis following a racial event like the killing of at black man at the hands of law enforcement.

Trump warned us that if Biden is elected there could be months of unfettered violence in a peaceful American city like Portland, Oregon.

If Biden is elected, Trump told us that shootings would become common place in cities like Chicago.

If Biden is elected, Trump warned there would be constant BLM protests and racial strife from Los Angeles to Baltimore and every city in between.

If Biden is elected, Trump warned us that a peaceful little town in Wisconsin would be torn apart when a local cop shot an unarmed black man in front of his kids. Trump suggested that things would get so bad the NBA would have to cancel tournament games. Many thought Trump was going too far this time.

Funny how those issues sound very familiar to most Americans. Is it possible our President lost control of our country long ago? Now, characteristically, he wants to put the blame on someone else.

His Presidential rival is the logical target.

It is called transference. Blame someone else for one's own faults.

Oh my, I am going to die. If I vote for Trump, I die of Covid, If I vote for Biden I die from rioters!!! What am I going to do? I am so confused.

No F___ing wonder more than half the people do not vote!

Trump stepped up his rhetoric against Biden, calling him a “puppet of left-wing extremists trying to erase our borders, eliminate our police, indoctrinate our children, vilify our heroes, take away our energy.” Speaking to a crowd of several hundred supporters outside an aircraft hangar, Trump alleged that a Biden victory would “replace American freedom with left-wing fascism.”

“I’m here to help you. We will bring back law and order to your community. We will bring it back, and we will bring it back immediately,” Trump told the people of Minnesota.

Should Biden be elected, Trump apparently was very concerned about the possibility of uncontrolled violence in the streets of Minneapolis following a racial event like the killing of at black man at the hands of law enforcement.

Trump warned us that if Biden is elected there could be months of unfettered violence in a peaceful American city like Portland, Oregon.

If Biden is elected, Trump told us that shootings would become common place in cities like Chicago.

If Biden is elected, Trump warned there would be constant BLM protests and racial strife from Los Angeles to Baltimore and every city in between.

If Biden is elected, Trump warned us that a peaceful little town in Wisconsin would be torn apart when a local cop shot an unarmed black man in front of his kids. Trump suggested that things would get so bad the NBA would have to cancel tournament games. Many thought Trump was going too far this time.

Funny how those issues sound very familiar to most Americans. Is it possible our President lost control of our country long ago? Now, characteristically, he wants to put the blame on someone else.

Sadly, it seems to work for millions of Americans. Don't underestimate the ignorance of the electorate.

so in your mind then, it is ok for the Mayors who had already allowed the riots to go on and on, to keep allowing their citizens to be hurt, businesses in their cities destroyed, because their little feelings hurt because they think Trump is a control freak TRYING TO HELP THEM?

wow that is SOME low standard for governing.

You would be wrong about me. I don't believe the mayors have handled the situation properly. I do not support rioters. If one ones to protest do it without the violence.

My issue is with the way Trump approaches mayors and governors. It is clear he dislikes democrats on anyone who does not think he is the GOAT as President.

You would be wrong about me. I don't believe the mayors have handled the situation properly. I do not support rioters. If one ones to protest do it without the violence.

My issue is with the way Trump approaches mayors and governors. It is clear he dislikes democrats on anyone who does not think he is the GOAT as President.

the Democrats have made it quite clear before now that they do not think he is the GOAT just like they have made quite clear they think of his voters as less than human. I am pretty sure that is what he is upset about with them... that and the possible conspiracy to shoot his presidency in the foot from the beginning.

Oh my, I am going to die. If I vote for Trump, I die of Covid, If I vote for Biden I die from rioters!!! What am I going to do? I am so confused.

I mean if this is serious, then it seems easy to me: if you are so unlucky as to take serious precautions and you still get covid, you still may not die from it.

if you vote to keep the rioters, you will allow the country to fall to a bunch of assholes who want you to have no rights to speak of.

I'll take my chances with covid. just like I will take my chances with covid when the choice is between a total economic failure and covid.

Last edited:
Took me about 5 seconds to find this:

biden on the rioting - Bing video

In the first half of the video, Biden reminds all of us how horrible the shooting was. Stuff like the kids must have been asking 'why daddy?'.

"But don't burn stuff" happens at :49 of the 1:38 video. The statement was evenly divided between condemning the shooting and condemning the riots, but was advertised as a statement on the riots.

The Democrats have an opportunity to show leadership here and this is a HUGE opportunity for Biden to go into Portland with the state and local government and LEAD. I really wish he would and turn around this narrative.

The democrats, specifically Biden, could not lead even if they were taking all of the top leadership classes in the world. The first part of leadership is competency, which the dems obviously lack after all of the Russian collusion traps that Trump, et. al., set up for them and they bit at every single one. Remember the weekend that Rudi popped up out of nowhere and simply said that "collusion" is not a crime? Every left wing media outlet fell for it (believing that Trump had colluded with Russia) basically saying that there must be something there otherwise Rudi would not be mentioning "collusion" at all"? I thought all of it was hysterical and showed just how gullible the democrats were.

As far as Portland and Biden go - that will likely be a no-go because it is >15 miles from Biden's Delaware home and he is way over-scared of COVID-19 and would not take the chance of travelling that far. Just a theory.

Vote for both - that way you won't know your demise until it happens!!

Why assume that Biden has to have the same view towards this as Trump? No, Biden needs to be vocal and strongly push back against all violence, looting, and rioting while simultaneously supporting protesting efforts by any peaceful activists. The protests are good, but when there is burning, looting, violence, and other deviant behavior, the protests get ignored while the Right is forcefully pushing the narrative that protesting = all the bad things and none of the good.

...hehe...oh, I dunno, I don't think anyone is ignoring the protests, or are confused as to what the protests are about. And if this were 60 years ago, I might agree with you. But these complaints have been around for 60 years, and longer. You had your shot at a "nice" transition in the 60's. That you still have the same complaints 60 years later is embarrassing. You guys want nice peaceful protests after you spent the last 60 years demonstrating they don't work. :shrug:

I think you need a president more concerned with addressing the grievance than pushing back against the consequences of letting this thing fester. Every burned building, every dead cop and every dead civilian are the result of a failure to do what should have been done long ago. Time to own it, or suffer longer, I guess. Something tells me stern words from any president isn't going to do much to a group of people who have been shown they really don't have all that much to lose.

Well we know what the rights perception of this is. They leave no doubt they are on the side of the vigilantes. But they weren't going to vote for Biden anyway.

It seems much of America has a different take on this.

Reality is trump's racist rhetoric has almost triggered a race war. it is possible that is what he wanted all along.

I believe the more rational moderates see this and feel Joe is much more likely to cool these racial fires then the one who started it.
Trumps racist rhetoric is your fantasy. In the real world trump has benefited blacks more than any other president, talk is cheap.

Fighting far left ideology isn’t racist, no matter how many times that crazy claim is made. Words have meanings.

the Democrats have made it quite clear before now that they do not think he is the GOAT just like they have made quite clear they think of his voters as less than human. I am pretty sure that is what he is upset about with them... that and the possible conspiracy to shoot his presidency in the foot from the beginning.

Reminds me a bit about Republicans and President Obama. imo, politics have gotten so partisan in the US.
(I was a Republican back )

Trumps racist rhetoric is your fantasy. In the real world trump has benefited blacks more than any other president, talk is cheap.

Fighting far left ideology isn’t racist, no matter how many times that crazy claim is made. Words have meanings.

Trump says he has benefited Blacks but there isn't any hard evidence that he has. Benefitting Blacks would have included a program to educate police on the meaning of equal treatment under the law and practice in treating people equally so that fewer Blacks would be getting killed under the Trump administration. Instead more are being killed by police than ever before and there is substantial evidence that his rhetoric has encouraged violence toward Blacks.

Not a peep out of Trump's followers. They try to avoid Trump and talk about Democrats instead; Biden, for instance.

Most voters are low info, all they will see is Dems saying protesting is good and equate the protests with rioting, looting, and violence. Trump will harp on about the need for L&O and it will work. It appears to be already working in Wisoconsin.

That's because it's what all that "peaceful" protesting has brought us ... and Kamala is calling for more of it. :roll:

Back
Top Bottom