• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If riots continue, Biden will lose

The Democrats have an opportunity to show leadership here and this is a HUGE opportunity for Biden to go into Portland with the state and local government and LEAD. I really wish he would and turn around this narrative.

You think they would listen to Plantation Joe and his keystone cop?

One video is not going to cut it.

Does he have to say it over and over for it to be true? Think that is a right-wing tactic when they attempt to make lies turn into truth.

You think they would listen to Plantation Joe and his keystone cop?

And if they don't then it has nothing to do with him, now does it.

And if they don't then it has nothing to do with him, now does it.

It does if folks think he has the stones to get it done.

It does if folks think he has the stones to get it done.

He is not in control of the government, what do you expect him to do exactly? Now When he is he will get done what is within his power.

Does he have to say it over and over for it to be true? Think that is a right-wing tactic when they attempt to make lies turn into truth.

Campaigning is all about saying the message over and over, so people hear it. One short video simply will be overlooked by millions who don't like the violence and rioting.

One simple idea would be to, once things are calmed down, is to have the protestors come up with a delegation to send to the negotiating table and have that be televised (unless there are specific issues where this or that personal detail may be discussed, of course) and if one of the groups does not show up (perhaps the police unions don't like this idea and won't shut up like has happened with consent decree situations in the past), then that will be on tv as well.

But I would play hardball and have the protestor delegation just sit there, on camera, staring at an empty room if it goes that far.

This is something that needs to be marketed very viscerally since that is what the US public responds to,

I think the problem is that the black lives matters protesters are tired of being told to calm down and the promised change and reforms never comes.

Michael brown died and yet his killer was not brought to justice.

Eric Garner died and change did not come.

Was Sandra bland’s death ever resolved.

Tamir rice was killed and his killer did not serve time.

Freddie gray died and yet his killers did not face justice.

Alton sterling’s killers never faced justice for killing the man.

Philando Castile Was shot and killed and yet a jury found that the man who shot Castile was not guilty.

And now we have George Floyd, a man who died as a cop pressed his knee against Floyd’s neck for 8 minutes despite Floyd pleading to him that he could not breath. The officer who killed George Floyd deserves to be found guilty, anything else would be an outrage.

Time after time, an African American life is snuffed out by the police, and yet the shooters somehow are not convicted or only receive a slap on the wrist.

The black lives matters protests are about accomplishing meaningful change, change that shows that the deaths of George Floyd and those that came before him actually mattered.

He is not in control of the government, what do you expect him to do exactly? Now When he is he will get done what is within his power.

I don't expect him to do anything like I said. I was responding to comments in this thread wishing Jim Crowe Joe to Portland to put the riots to rest.

In Wisconsin, before the Kenosha riots, approval of BLM dropped 13 points. More and more people will start to equate BLM with violence.

That's because BLM is about violence.

Their leaders need to speak out as well.

The founders of BLM are "trained Marxists". They very much approve of the violence.

Voters in WI are already turning to the Republicans due to the violence in looting in Kenosha and around the country. Unless Biden comes out with strong messaging against the violence, looting, and rioting, he will lose to Trump, and likely in a landslide.

How Chaos in Kenosha Is Already Swaying Some Voters in Wisconsin - The New York Times

The Democrats are on the wrong side of this, and the tide is turning. It's one thing to claim people have a right to protest, but when you are relatively quiet about the bad elements of all of these events, then Trump's "Law & Order" message will resonate with people who want to live in a safer America.
Absolutely true.

Americans are tired of BLM bullying, rioting, looting, assault and murder in our cities' streets: Kushner: US has 'seen enough' of Black Lives Matter protests going 'too far'

And independent voters want to see more about law and order and getting the economy back on track so they gave a good grade to the Republican's presentation last night: Pollster Lee Carter: Dials show independents want to hear more about law & order, economic recovery

Though many sports and Hollywood low-emotional-intelligence types are easily duped by Marxist BLM into thinking "it's all about racism", the so-called "protests" are simply about destabilizing America as that's a key part of the Marxist approach to seizing power.

That doesn't fly well in America .. and so most Americans and especially independent voters want to know 1) how we're going to restore law and order, and 2) how to get the economy back on track that was additionally greatly derailed by BLM "cancel culture" and rioting.

Voters in WI are already turning to the Republicans due to the violence in looting in Kenosha and around the country. Unless Biden comes out with strong messaging against the violence, looting, and rioting, he will lose to Trump, and likely in a landslide.

How Chaos in Kenosha Is Already Swaying Some Voters in Wisconsin - The New York Times

The Democrats are on the wrong side of this, and the tide is turning. It's one thing to claim people have a right to protest, but when you are relatively quiet about the bad elements of all of these events, then Trump's "Law & Order" message will resonate with people who want to live in a safer America.

Wait till Geraghty gets a load of what Trump's law and order looks like when his little green men arrive in Kenosha.
Sorry but the article does not match the headline, it simply illustrates a city that is grappling with the issue and it features voices on many sides.

Priscella Gazda - Her son has Type 1 diabetes and was hoping for health insurance.
She thinks Trump is going to provide health coverage for her son?
:lamo

Of course, that too has nothing to do with the riots.

I don't think he will. I think Biden will fail this test and hand the election to Trump.

Trump has already failed the test though. So why would he reap rewards for failure?

You might be correct. I tend to ask isn't this happening under Trump's watch? He is the Law and Order President.
Yes, I know that the majority of the current problems are in Democratic managed cities. Makes me wonder about Trump's leadership and the failure to work with the other side.

If it's a Democrat city, the only way he will work with them is to make things worse. He has already DEMONSTRATED that as recently as a month ago and if it's a natural disaster, Democratic cities and states can suck the big one, as he has ALSO demonstrated in real time, as he has instructed FEMA to DENY fire aid to California because we didn't support him....HIS WORDS.

The Iron Fist approach hasn't worked for Trump, riots are still ongoing. Why would echoing Trump's failed approach help Biden?

The Iron Fist approach hasn't worked for Trump, riots are still ongoing. Why would echoing Trump's failed approach help Biden?

That is actually part of why I support calling in the national guard, Trump wouldn't be able to help himself and will be shown to be ineffective as he can't help but let his worst impulses shine forth. It would be good for the US to see who Trump is (as someone who doesn't not care about the death toll in his wake) one more time before the election.

One video is not going to cut it.

I would add a correction: One video that you have to go out of your way to look for is not going to cut it. A statement that people have to go out of their way to look for is as good as no statement whatsoever.

Biden has to be shouting against rioting and support for decent law enforcement from the rooftops and his allies in the media have to propound these statements actively.

You might be correct. I tend to ask isn't this happening under Trump's watch? He is the Law and Order President.
Yes, I know that the majority of the current problems are in Democratic managed cities. Makes me wonder about Trump's leadership and the failure to work with the other side.

the other side has to ask him to help before he can do very much other than guard federal buildings.

it speaks volumes that they refuse to do so.\

I think the dems have already lost on this issue, by avoiding it. imagine what happens if they DO now ask for Trump's help...

DID ANYONE see Don Lemon the other night saying "we have tio stop the rioting and looting... it's hurting the POLLS"

omyfreakingosh.

CNN’s Don Lemon, Chris Cuomo Worry Rioting Will Hurt Dems in November | National Review

Last edited:
If it's a Democrat city, the only way he will work with them is to make things worse. He has already DEMONSTRATED that as recently as a month ago and if it's a natural disaster, Democratic cities and states can suck the big one, as he has ALSO demonstrated in real time, as he has instructed FEMA to DENY fire aid to California because we didn't support him....HIS WORDS.

Trump says a lot of things that he does not go through with. I worked wildland fire as a career. CA got their money.
From your linked article
"No evidence has surfaced to show that federal aid was withheld, despite public threats from Mr. Trump at the time"

It is when Trump makes statements like this that I question his leadership ability. imo, Trump is a terrible leader.

the other side has to ask him to help before he can do very much other than guard federal buildings.

it speaks volumes that they refuse to do so.\

I think the dems have already lost on this issue, by avoiding it. imagine what happens if they DO now ask for Trump's help...

DID ANYONE see Don Lemon the other night saying "we have tio stop the rioting and looting... it's hurting the POLLS"

omyfreakingosh.

CNN’s Don Lemon, Chris Cuomo Worry Rioting Will Hurt Dems in November | National Review

You are correct. States need to ask for aid.

I have posted somewhere before that it is how Trump goes about it and post on social media.

- When one says to a Mayor, Fix your problem or I will. We have the resources to do it. Is not perceived the same as:
- Mayor we stand ready to assist you. We want to help.

Trump comes across as a control freak. This is not a game show and he is not King.

Agreed. This is the one thing Trump has going for him, which is weird since it's happening under his watch.

Trump says a lot of things that he does not go through with. I worked wildland fire as a career. CA got their money.
From your linked article
"No evidence has surfaced to show that federal aid was withheld, despite public threats from Mr. Trump at the time"

It is when Trump makes statements like this that I question his leadership ability. imo, Trump is a terrible leader.

I stated that he HAS INSTRUCTED.
Thank you for supplying the needed information, namely that FEMA did its job regardless of Twumpy tantrums but he is instructing them AGAIN right NOW to deny aid. If CA gets its money anyway, great.
But it does not change the fact that Twumpy TRIED like Hell to prevent it, purely as part of his tantrums.

I stated that he HAS INSTRUCTED.
Thank you for supplying the needed information, namely that FEMA did its job regardless of Twumpy tantrums but he is instructing them AGAIN right NOW to deny aid. If CA gets its money anyway, great.
But it does not change the fact that Twumpy TRIED like Hell to prevent it, purely as part of his tantrums.

Trump signed a National Disaster for CA . Funds will be made available.

California Secures Presidential Major Disaster Declaration to Support State’s Response to Northern California Wildfires | California Governor

Back
Top Bottom