• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If Republicans do get back into power, what are they going to do?

The first thing they will do is Cancel Obama Care......The second is to make the Bush tax cuts permanent......

The first thing they will do is Cancel Obama Care......The second is to make the Bush tax cuts permanent......

Why make Bush tax cuts permanant? Why not target new tax cuts more to middle class and small business. Tax cuts geared to create jobs and bolster the economy. The rich are awash in cash, sitting on the sidelines with no place to put it. The Bush tax cuts did nothing to stimulate the economy but they did increase the deficit. There is a better way.

When Republicans ran the whole show, the presidency, the House and the Senate, they couldn't pass a budget without thousands of anonymous earmarks. Expect more of that.

And now that the democrates are running the whole show, the presidency, the House and the Senate, they can't pass a budget or a bill without thousands of anonymous earmarks. :lamo

Why make Bush tax cuts permanant? Why not target new tax cuts more to middle class and small business.

:) because small businesses are the Evil Rich.

Capital Gains hits it's peak on the curve alot earlier than income; bumping it up further only encourages people to invest elsewhere.

Only if the Reps get a 60 percent majority, hardly likely. Don't forget, Dems can be obstructionists too.

ricksfolly

if the Republicans force Democrats to vote one way or the other, that might be a possibility. a repeal/replace bill could peel some Dems away who prefer not to be thrown out of their seats.

And now that the democrates are running the whole show, the presidency, the House and the Senate, they can't pass a budget or a bill without thousands of anonymous earmarks. :lamo

:) hell, they can't pass a Budget at all.

You would think this would be an easy question for the chairman of the National Republican Congressional Committee and the chairman of the National Republican Senatorial Committee, “If Republicans do get back into power, what are they going to do?” You would think this question would be easy for two seasoned politicians but you would be wrong …

Representative Pete Sessions and Senator John Cornyn weren't able to be very specific at all. So, offer what you think is the answer to the question: If Republicans do get back into power, what are they going to do?

When Republicans get back in power, they'll do the same damned **** which is happening now.

You would think this would be an easy question for the chairman of the National Republican Congressional Committee and the chairman of the National Republican Senatorial Committee, “If Republicans do get back into power, what are they going to do?” You would think this question would be easy for two seasoned politicians but you would be wrong …

Representative Pete Sessions and Senator John Cornyn weren't able to be very specific at all. So, offer what you think is the answer to the question: If Republicans do get back into power, what are they going to do?

It depends on what Republicans are put into power. If someone like Rudy Giuliani or Mitt Romney is elected I think you have another four years of Bush. If someone like Ron Paul is elected President I think you see a drastic change in American policy. This all assuming a Republican dominated Congress shares a similar agenda...

Fact is, there is no deficit, but that doesn't stop gotcha politics from taking their shots. The Fed Reserve makes up the difference every year.

ricksfolly

The Federal Reserve does not make up the total deficit. Yes, they print a large amount of money, but we have trillions of debt being held by foreign countries and banks. That isn't including the future Medicare and Social Security bills we won't be able to pay in the future.

It's not new. It's our system. No one can be honest. We need to cut spending and raise taxes. Who can win on that?

Seriously. Sadly, the hole gets deeper and fewer are willing to be honest with the American people. We pay almost $200 billion a year ON THE INTEREST of our debt! I'd like to see us cut down national defense before we cut domestic spending, but the fact is we have to do both.

The wealthy do not deserve tax cuts.

Seriously. Sadly, the hole gets deeper and fewer are willing to be honest with the American people. We pay almost $200 billion a year ON THE INTEREST of our debt! I'd like to see us cut down national defense before we cut domestic spending, but the fact is we have to do both.

Yes, we do. Who will win on that platform?

The rich people I know are not objects of envy.....most of them have family problems above and beyond what the rest of us have. Too much money is hard to deal with for most people.
I would rather have a thousand millionaires than one billionaire. It is better for the economy. You can only spend so much, and when you die, you leave a mess behind for your heirs to fight over...

The rich people I know are not objects of envy.....most of them have family problems above and beyond what the rest of us have. Too much money is hard to deal with for most people.
I would rather have a thousand millionaires than one billionaire. It is better for the economy. You can only spend so much, and when you die, you leave a mess behind for your heirs to fight over...

It seems like a really poor environment to raise a child in too. Whether it is the parents working 24/7 or the child being given everything, it seems like rich kids grow up to have problems. I believe it is a good character builder to have to put in hard work to obtain the things you want rather than being handed everything. Interestingly enough there was an article about why Warren Buffett's son actually turned out normal despite the vast wealth he was surrounded by growing up...

Warren Buffett's Son: 5 Lessons from Dad - CBS MoneyWatch.com

It's actually more around $240 soon to hit $300 billion in non-intra-government interest.

United States public debt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The American people need the unpleasant talk about entitlements. Unless we hack down Social Security, Medicare and Defense, we won't ever have a chance at seeing black ink again.

Yeah, we're gonna have trouble paying Social Security and Medicare in the future. Fun times in the USA ahead.

That's political propaganda. The SS has over a trillion dollars investments with the Federal Government. Next time look before you leap.

ricksfolly

I agree... The super rich are also more susceptible to ulcers, boredom, headaches, booze and coke binges, terminal suspicion, and sleepless nights.

ricksfolly

True wealth should be measured not by what we have, but by what we don't need....
The USA is one of the wealthiest places on earth, even our poor are rich compared to most other nations...

That's political propaganda. The SS has over a trillion dollars investments with the Federal Government. Next time look before you leap.

ricksfolly

This post means nothing without at least one link to back it up.

just saying

Back
Top Bottom