• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If Portland was Pearl Harbor

Da Mole

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
If todays DEMONRATS were in charge then, the order of the day would have been "We surrender".

I watched the press conference by the mayor of Portland earlier. He spent half of the time blaming Trump for the violence and rioting.
The rest of the time he said over and over how he did not support what was happening and that he was against the rioters behavior.
This feckless excuse of a mayor did not utter one word on how he was going to stop or even deal with this disaster.
He was followed by the chief of police who on several occasions answered a question by stating that he did not have enough personnel
To maintain proper law and order. That admission probably pissed of the mayor and he will hear about it. Finally, someone asked about calling
in the national guard. He responded that it was under consideration and may be addressed in the future. Both of them and their answers and
game plan are pathetic and doomed to fail. Trump has got to win a second term or all is lost. Follow the DEMONRATS plan----vote early and often.

If todays DEMONRATS were in charge then, the order of the day would have been "We surrender".

I watched the press conference by the mayor of Portland earlier. He spent half of the time blaming Trump for the violence and rioting.
The rest of the time he said over and over how he did not support what was happening and that he was against the rioters behavior.
This feckless excuse of a mayor did not utter one word on how he was going to stop or even deal with this disaster.
He was followed by the chief of police who on several occasions answered a question by stating that he did not have enough personnel
To maintain proper law and order. That admission probably pissed of the mayor and he will hear about it. Finally, someone asked about calling
in the national guard. He responded that it was under consideration and may be addressed in the future. Both of them and their answers and
game plan are pathetic and doomed to fail. Trump has got to win a second term or all is lost. Follow the DEMONRATS plan----vote early and often.

Congratulations on posting the dumbest thing today on the Internet.

The monologues get longer and convey less information every day.

Or like this one just spittle delivered riffs on crap we've heard dozens of times before.

The monologues get longer and convey less information every day.

Or like this one just spittle delivered riffs on crap we've heard dozens of times before.

Gee I wonder if you have critiqued a leftist long rant the same way.

Vanilla ISIS
EgtfJZEX0AMCC8Q

Unfortunately everything related to the left is CRAP!

Oh, my god, I may never recover from the profundity of your sick burn!

(And there's still spittle)

stopped reading at Demonrats.

You can't run that angle.

Your narratives are far more uniform than those on the left. So those long leftist rants tend to have at least some novel perspective, some nuance one might not have considered.

Yours on the other hand are all uniform, made up of the same verbiage and imagery. Clearly inorganic. It is wholly unnatural for that many people to agree that completely on that many subjects, hence the "cult" moniker they've picked up.

So you gotta come up with something better than your "whatabout" variant.

And just so you know, I have pointed out bald manipulative messaging from the left too. Feel free to look.

You can't run that angle.

Your narratives are far more uniform than those on the left. So those long leftist rants tend to have at least some novel perspective, some nuance one might not have considered.

Yours on the other hand are all uniform, made up of the same verbiage and imagery. Clearly inorganic. It is wholly unnatural for that many people to agree that completely on that many subjects, hence the "cult" moniker they've picked up.

So you gotta come up with something better than your "whatabout" variant.

And just so you know, I have pointed out bald manipulative messaging from the left too. Feel free to look.

So you apparently haven’t read some of the mindless driveling “Orangeman bad” rants here.

I can’t stand trump myself. But wow some of these Rants are epic in their unfocused unhinged rambling.

If todays DEMONRATS were in charge then,

You mean, during Pearl Harbor?

YESTERDAY, December 7, 1941 a date which will live in infamy the United States of America was suddenly and deliberately attacked by naval and air forces of the Empire of Japan.

The United States was at peace with that Nation and, at the solicitation of Japan, was still in conversation with its Government and its Emperor looking toward the maintenance of peace in the Pacific. Indeed, one hour after Japanese air squadrons had commenced bombing in the American Island of Oahu, the Japanese Ambassador to the United States and his colleague delivered to our Secretary of State a formal reply to a recent American message. And while this reply stated that it seemed useless to continue the existing diplomatic negotiations, it contained no threat or hint of war or of armed attack.

It will be recorded that the distance of Hawaii from Japan makes it obvious that the attack was deliberately planned many days or even weeks ago. During the intervening time the Japanese Government has deliberately sought to deceive the United States by false statements and expressions of hope for continued peace.

The attack yesterday on the Hawaiian Islands has caused severe damage to American naval and military forces. I regret to tell you that very many American lives have been lost. In addition American ships have been reported torpedoed on the high seas between San Francisco and Honolulu.

Yesterday the Japanese Government also launched an attack against Malaya. Last night Japanese forces attacked Hong Kong: Last night Japanese forces attacked Guam. Last night Japanese forces attacked the Philippine Islands. Last night the Japanese attacked Wake Island. And this morning the Japanese attacked Midway Island.

Japan has, therefore, undertaken a surprise offensive extending throughout the Pacific area. The facts of yesterday and today speak for themselves. The people of the United States have already formed their opinions and well understand the implications to the very life and safety of our Nation.

As Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy I have directed that all measures be taken for our defense.
But always will our whole Nation remember the character of the onslaught against us.
No matter how long it may take us to overcome this premeditated invasion, the American people in their righteous might will win through to absolute victory.

I believe that I interpret the will of the Congress and of the people when I assert that we will not only defend ourselves to the uttermost but will make it very certain that this form of treachery shall never again endanger us.
Hostilities exist. There is no blinking at the fact that our people, our territory, and our interests are in grave danger.
With confidence in our armed forces with the unbounding determination of our people we will gain the inevitable triumph so help us God.

I ask that the Congress declare that since the unprovoked and dastardly attack by Japan on Sunday, December 7, 1941, a state of war has existed between the United States and the Japanese Empire.

President Franklin Delano Roosevelt - Democrat.

Portland is screwed. Their upcoming Mayor election will be a choice between that present POS and a communist. I guess Wheeler feels save in winning his re-election and doesn't care how much of Portland gets burned down.

What's the difference between Da Mole and Da Queef?

YESTERDAY, December 7, 1941 a date which will live in infamy the United States of America was suddenly and deliberately attacked by naval and air forces of the Empire of Japan.

The United States was at peace with that Nation and, at the solicitation of Japan, was still in conversation with its Government and its Emperor looking toward the maintenance of peace in the Pacific. Indeed, one hour after Japanese air squadrons had commenced bombing in the American Island of Oahu, the Japanese Ambassador to the United States and his colleague delivered to our Secretary of State a formal reply to a recent American message. And while this reply stated that it seemed useless to continue the existing diplomatic negotiations, it contained no threat or hint of war or of armed attack.

It will be recorded that the distance of Hawaii from Japan makes it obvious that the attack was deliberately planned many days or even weeks ago. During the intervening time the Japanese Government has deliberately sought to deceive the United States by false statements and expressions of hope for continued peace.

The attack yesterday on the Hawaiian Islands has caused severe damage to American naval and military forces. I regret to tell you that very many American lives have been lost. In addition American ships have been reported torpedoed on the high seas between San Francisco and Honolulu.

Yesterday the Japanese Government also launched an attack against Malaya. Last night Japanese forces attacked Hong Kong: Last night Japanese forces attacked Guam. Last night Japanese forces attacked the Philippine Islands. Last night the Japanese attacked Wake Island. And this morning the Japanese attacked Midway Island.

Japan has, therefore, undertaken a surprise offensive extending throughout the Pacific area. The facts of yesterday and today speak for themselves. The people of the United States have already formed their opinions and well understand the implications to the very life and safety of our Nation.

As Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy I have directed that all measures be taken for our defense.
But always will our whole Nation remember the character of the onslaught against us.
No matter how long it may take us to overcome this premeditated invasion, the American people in their righteous might will win through to absolute victory.

I believe that I interpret the will of the Congress and of the people when I assert that we will not only defend ourselves to the uttermost but will make it very certain that this form of treachery shall never again endanger us.
Hostilities exist. There is no blinking at the fact that our people, our territory, and our interests are in grave danger.
With confidence in our armed forces with the unbounding determination of our people we will gain the inevitable triumph so help us God.

I ask that the Congress declare that since the unprovoked and dastardly attack by Japan on Sunday, December 7, 1941, a state of war has existed between the United States and the Japanese Empire.

That was then, this is now! Quite a difference.

That was then, this is now. Quite a difference in backbone on the left.

That was then, this is now. Quite a difference in backbone on the left.

The Right in America sided with the Nazis. Just like they sided with Confederates, Jim Crow and now the Neo Nazi movement sweeping the land, better known as the Talibornagains.

So you apparently haven’t read some of the mindless driveling “Orangeman bad” rants here.

I can’t stand trump myself. But wow some of these Rants are epic in their unfocused unhinged rambling.

It isn't as creepy as the Stepford Wives uniform worldview we get from trump conservatives.

We don't need to hear what they think.

We can just check their media from time to time.

Every thought in their heads comes verbatim from there. Chapter and verse.

And they are apparently unwilling or unable to notice that it is often the complete opposite of what they said the day before.

That was then, this is now! Quite a difference.

What's your point?
That was then and this is now is weak sauce.
The fact is, Pearl Harbor happened, the United States got dragged into a world war and we defeated both the Japanese and German forces.
And Roosevelt was a Democrat, who by the way was reelected three more times.

What's your point?
That was then and this is now is weak sauce.
The fact is, Pearl Harbor happened, the United States got dragged into a world war and we defeated both the Japanese and German forces.
And Roosevelt was a Democrat, who by the way was reelected three more times.

The point is that the current democrat party and what they stand for and where they want to take this country has no resemblance to the days of Roosevelt.

Back
Top Bottom